Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

One of the more annoying aspects of the prequels was revisiting so many of the planets from the OT, making some supposedly "middle of nowhere" places became seemingly central to everything important that happens in the galaxy

Remind me, apart from Tatooine, what planets from the OT did they visit in the prequels? Alderaan maybe, but what others? I can't recall.

The only new planets they invented for the PT where Naboo, Kamino, Geonosis, Utapau, Mustafar.

Tatooine, Coruscant, Alderaan, Kashyyyk, Dagobah, were all seen or mentioned in the OT or classic EU.

The biggest offender for me was Tatooine, they destroyed Luke's line about it being the furthest from the center of the universe by returning to it in 4 of the following 5 films.

The only new planets they invented for the PT where Naboo, Kamino, Geonosis, Utapau, Mustafar.

Tatooine, Coruscant, Alderaan, Kashyyk, Dagobah, where all seen or mentioned in the OT or classic EU.

You said OT, not the expanded universe stuff.

And as far as a can remember only Tatooine is the only OT planet seen in the prequels

Fat chance of that happening, at least for now. Maybe in the 2020s we will get stuff like that, if the 2015-2018 films are all successful

Tatooine, Coruscant, Alderaan, Kashyyk, Dagobah, where all seen or mentioned in the OT or classic EU.

The biggest offender for me was Tatooine, they destroyed Luke's line about it being the furthest from the center of the universe by returning to it in 4 of the following 5 films.

Coruscant isn't in the original trilogy!

Coruscant isn't in the original trilogy!

George Lucas disagrees with you.

Coruscant is in Jedi for a about 5 seconds... you only see Alderaan from in IV and it makes sense to see it in III since Leia is dropped off there.... Kashyyyk (3 "y"s) is never even mentioned on screen.

You also forgot Mygeeto, Saleucami, Cato Neimoidia, Polis Masa, and Felucia, from the Prequels.

They're all planets in Revenge of the Sith. Except Polis Masa which is the asteroid base where Padmé gives birth to the twins.

Are they cannon?

I think you mean canon.

They're all planets in Revenge of the Sith. Except Polis Masa which is the asteroid base where Padmé gives birth to the twins.

Are they cannon?

No. But they are canon.

The character would but not her full backstory. For example, mentioning her doesn't recanonize all the books which feature her. It would only make her and anything they directly reference canon.

Saleucami, Cato Neimoidia, Mygeeto, Felucia, Moons of Bogden (mentioned), Moons of Iego (mentioned), Boz pity (mentioned), Malastare (mentioned)...

The only recurring planets from the OT were Tatooine and Alderaan. Coruscant counts if you want to count the SEs... but complaining about the appeareance of the capital of the republic in a trilogy centered in the Republic's political turmoil...is a little odd :P

Saleucami, Cato Neimoidia, Mygeeto, Felucia, Moons of Bogden (mentioned), Moons of Iego (mentioned), Boz pity (mentioned), Malastare (mentioned)...

The only recurring planets from the OT were Tatooine and Alderaan. Coruscant counts if you want to count the SEs... but complaining about the appeareance of the capital of the republic in a trilogy centered in the Republic's political turmoil...is a little odd :P

Oh yeah, forgot to state those ones! (Iego and Malastare where later seen in the Clone Wars too along with loads of new planets).

Everything in the movies is canon.

So all the inconsistencies between the prequels and the OT are canon?

From a certain point of view

Yes

I wonder what level on canonicity the Ewok TV films have, if any?

None.

Putting a square antenna in the Falcon has already blown out all the Post ROTJ EU.

With a single little detail! :P

ANother one is Luke having beard. (and probably not dressed in black with a black glove in his right hand...

Aren't some planets announced too during the pod race when they introduce the racers?

And is that extended lap part of the canon?

In that case the, Tund system (Pixelito is in Malastare I think), we know RATTS TYERELL is from Aleen because of the Clone Wars. There's probably a few others I've forgotten.

I'm not sure how or where deleted scenes fit in actually. I would assume they're fine as they came from George.

Aren't some planets announced too during the pod race when they introduce the racers?

And is that extended lap part of the canon?

In that case the, Tund system (Pixelito is in Malastare I think), we know RATTS TYERELL is from Aleen because of the Clone Wars. There's probably a few others I've forgotten.

I'm not sure how or where deleted scenes fit in actually. I would assume they're fine as they came from George.

I think the second lap of the pod race and the introduction of the other pod racer is a permanent part of the movie, it was added to the home release back in the days?

So Gasgano and Ben Quadinaros are canon? Thank god.

they appeared in the threatical edition...

The deleted scenes can be considered canon as long as they dont contradict the final films.

Shaak ti's death is difficult as the two deleted scenes contradict each other....