The Force Awakens ALBUM Discussion (No Film Spoilers)

rebekahnoelleparker

The music for the AMA clip seems to be a motif for Finn

Snoke's music sounded straight out of Revenge of the Sith, not only the choir, but the 3 note motif itself

The End Credits end totally differently then ROTS-ROTJ.

Update for those I was talking to last night...Amazon removed the album from my Prime Music Cloud Library AND even from the Downloaded Library on my iPad Amazon Music App. Nice try for them, but obviously it's in my Dropbox AND on an actual, physical CD now.

Is it just me, or is anyone else reminded somewhat of the third movement from Mahler's 9th Symphony when they hear the March of the Resistance?

I'm digging the March. I'm not sure if it's really a fugue, but I'll have to listen again. Rey's theme is beautiful, and has some colours I wasn't quite expecting. I listened to Scherzo for X-Wings as well, and enjoyed the use of Luke's theme. The main title recording sounds wonderfully fresh and energetic. Generally the mixing sounds quite good to my ears. I'm saving the rest until I get home, because I'm in the office, and want to experience this thing in a darkened room on a good stereo with no distractions!

Whoa, the Rebel Fanfare at the end of Follow Me was completely unexpected, and not really in a good way. There was no real build up to it.

... but I love the Rebel Fanfare at 1:00 of The Falcon.

So far, the Rebel Fanfare popping up seems awkward, not organically integrated.

Haven't heard a strong new theme yet at all....

Yup! I totally agree with your statement regarding the Rebel Fanfare.

A surprisingly rythmic pattern for Rey's Theme. I'm surprised that is totally different from what we assumed was the character's theme, but is a pleasant piece, that can develop in future films too. Nothing more I will listen until I watch the film tonight.

really?

Yeah. I thought it was rather jarring in the film, but that's just me.

Only in the "Falcon crashing on Death Star 3" scene did it sound a tad "on-the-nose".

Apart from that, didn't bother me.

Finn's Confession seems to have the Talk of Podracing/High Council Meeting music from TPM.

Yeah, I noticed the similarity during that scene!

The little reference to Luke's Theme at the very end of the End Credits is one of the most delightful things ever.

Yeah, I loved that. It is like the very opening of Hedwig's Theme but for Luke's theme and even softer.

Loving Rey's Theme here! Gorgeous concert arrangement :).

Yup! Great stuff! :)

I'm definitely hearing No Man's Land in there.

I heard some Crash of the Clanes.

AKA KOTCS's Indy vs. Russian cue.

OK I just finished the OST CD.

Well, the second half of the CD is much stronger than the first!

The end credits arrangement is fantastic, love the Luke's Theme bit at the very end!

Basically everything from March of the Resistance till the end is really good

Is Snoke a concert arrangement or a cue from the score?

Playing Snoke at high volume will be useful for convincing my flatmate that I've joined a satanic cult.

Palpatine's Teachings didn't work?