Hans Zimmer scoring Doctor Strange?

Jay

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I know Zimmer has a long-time working relationship with Disney but he's never worked with Marvel before right?  Although, Marvel has hired Remote Control-affiliated composers in the past I suppose.

So yeah, not far fetched.

Maybe its one of those "produced by Zimmer" things where one of his proteges actually scores it

Marvel would never be able to work with or control someone like Taymor. Too much individuality for their taste.

I wouldn't trust the source in this case. Not because I have anything against Ford, but because I need something a little more concrete.

I seriously doubt Zimmer is going to do another superhero film (this is a superhero film, right?) after what he said in the BBC interview recently. At the very least he will take a hiatus from the genre. But that anyone related to Zimmer in some way, like one of his protegees, will do it, is not all that unlikely.

32 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Only way Goldenthal scores a Marvel movie is if they hire Julie Taymor to direct one.  Which would actually be really interesting. Get on that Kevin Feige!

Totally! :)

30 minutes ago, KK. said:

Marvel would never be able to work with or control someone like Taymor. Too much individuality for their taste.

Totally :(

Unless Zimmer was lying, then no he isn't scoring it. I like Zimmer sometimes, but holy crap on a cracker someone needs to transport him and his conveyor belt of composers out of this dimension for a year so others can do something. Yes we all have our favourites to score certain films, but I want to see someone almost unknown or at least not affiliated with this kind of film, to get the opportunity. Judging by the trailer I saw, I am not interested at all in this film, but I am interested in a deserving composer getting a high profile job.

Films like Star Wars spin-offs, Harry Potter Spin-offs, Bond films, Marvel and DC's biggest projects etc should be scored by established heavyweights, but the smaller blockbusters of those kinds that are big, but of a lower profile like Ant Man, should be scored by Composers who deserve this platform, like they did with Christophe Beck, who did a good job with Ant Man. 

Give this Doctor Strange film to someone who will be challenged to prove themselves, instead of someone who wont be challenged at all.

Ford said the producers *want* Zimmer, not necessarily that Zimmer himself is interested in doing it.

The film looks very Inception-esque (or at least highly influenced by it), so I'm not sure if Hansy would be actually interested in repeating himself in a such an obvious way. 

39 minutes ago, Michael said:

Ford said the producers *want* Zimmer, not necessarily that Zimmer himself is interested in doing it.

The film looks very Inception-esque (or at least highly influenced by it), so I'm not sure if Hansy would be actually interested in repeating himself in a such an obvious way. 

Why is Kevin Feige being so wishy-washy about directors and the composers they want? First they forced Ramin Djawadi on Jon Favreau for Iron Man, then let Favreau bring Debney in for the sequel. They forced Brian Tyler onto Thor: The Dark World against Alan Taylor's wishes, and so on. Seems like the only movies that the directors were 'allowed' to pick the composers were Thor, Captain America: The First AvengerCaptain America: Winter Soldier and Ant-Man.

If Derrickson wants Young for this, by all means let him. Young can deliver a score the producers want without sacrificing his distinct style.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Really? Who did he want originally?

The original teaser poster listed Carter Burwell, believe it or not.

thor-the-dark-world-poster1.jpg