Recently Purchased Video Games

Jay

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, king mark said:

Bought a used copy of Final Fantasy XII:The Zodiac Age

I'll be picking the HD remaster up for PS4

• 5 months later...

My physical copy of THIMBLEWEED PARK arrived yesterday!  It's nice, its a big box styled like a 90s adventure game for DOS would have been.  Pretty neat!

Image result for thimbleweed park switch limited run

got Portal Knights (like minecraft with a story) for 10$ and Dark Cloud 2 (big JRPG from the PS2 days) for 5$  on PSN

there's a tons of games on special on PS+ right now

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. TV as well so more.

The fucked up thing is I can't get it to work because I have no internet to update the XBox. What the hell!  I'll have to take it into the shop tomorrow and update it there. It's ironic because I work for Spectrum. He could save others from lack of internet, but not himself.

Justin just wants to be able to have an interactive Disney experience from the comfort of his own sofa. Although I thought it as a Kinect title if I'm honest. 

The visual design of Cuphead is obviously astounding.  But all the talk of it being crazy difficult, even unfair, would put me off.  I'm not ever buying an XB1 anyway though.

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

The visual design of Cuphead is obviously astounding.  But all the talk of it being crazy difficult, even unfair, would put me off.  I'm not ever buying an XB1 anyway though.

A lot of the XBox One "exclusives", such as Cuphead, are available on PC as well, so if you ever decide to play it, you won't have to buy the worst video game console of the modern era (NES on).

2 hours ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Any game recommendations?

Do you like the idea of playing as Batman?

• 3 weeks later...

Does it have Ghostbusters? 

Ya gotta get gas. How do ya get gas? You gotta go to the gas station. What happens if you run outta gas? Two little fuckballs get out to push the car.

2 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Ohhhh the code... I'll see if that works on this new system.

Of course it does.  The ROMs on the system are unaltered from the NES original AFAIK

3 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

I love finally getting to play Contra.

Contra and Super Contra are two different games.

The Konami code only works on Contra. 

Your NES Mini has only Super Contra. 

From Reddit:

igi182
Dec 26, 2016, 6:06 AM

The Konami code does not work for Super C. Super C doesn't have a 30-man code like previous Konami games as this was the first game where Konami tried to buck that trend. However, there is a code to give you extra lives and I refer to it as the, "30 man" code for Super C.

The, "30 man" code for Super C is as follows: Press Right, Left, Down, Up, A, B, Start (press Select, then Start for 2 player games) before the title screen fully comes in. This will give you 10 lives for the first play and 10 lives per each of the next 2 continues, thus you will have 30 lives in total for that play session.

5 hours ago, Wojism said:

Contra and Super Contra are two different games.

The Konami code only works on Contra. 

Your NES Mini has only Super Contra. 

From Reddit:

igi182
Dec 26, 2016, 6:06 AM

The Konami code does not work for Super C. Super C doesn't have a 30-man code like previous Konami games as this was the first game where Konami tried to buck that trend. However, there is a code to give you extra lives and I refer to it as the, "30 man" code for Super C.

The, "30 man" code for Super C is as follows: Press Right, Left, Down, Up, A, B, Start (press Select, then Start for 2 player games) before the title screen fully comes in. This will give you 10 lives for the first play and 10 lives per each of the next 2 continues, thus you will have 30 lives in total for that play session.

Lame!

8 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Super Metroid... my god, what a pleasant surprise.

One of my absolute favorite video games of all time

• 1 month later...

It just finished installing, already gets bonus points for having the option to have native NPCs speak their own language instead of (I assume) English with a thick accent.

• 2 months later...

20$ off 1 year PS+ (49$ from 69$ here)

Got an extra 2 years

how many can you stack?

Also I'll try to grab a physical copy of God of War for 29$ tomorrow