It's Official! Indy DVDs to be released in Novmeber!!

I just read it on TheForce.Net. The source is an article from today's edition of the newspaper USAToday. They've also posted another article from The Hollywood Reporter that includes much more information. Unfortunately Spielberg won't break his tradition of not doing commentary tracks, but that was to be expected, I suppose.

Looks like that most recent rumor from the The Digital Bits was spot on.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From DVD File:

"Late-breaking news in the never-ending Indiana Jones DVD saga. At long last, tomorrow will see the first official wird regarding Lucasfilm and Paramount Home Entertainment's highly-anticipated DVD plans for the Indiana Jones flicks. After much speculation around the web, fans can expect a four-disc box set, with each film digitally remastered and restored plus a fourth disc full of extras. In no real surpise, each flick gets its own disc, a new 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, Dolby Digital and DTS remixes, but no audio commentaries.

"The fourth disc explores every facet of how the films were made - from stunts to visual effects to the music and sound," said Jim Ward, VP of marketing at Lucasfilm. "We take viewers around the world to explore the history behind the 'Indiana Jones' legends."

Best of all, there will be no CGI enhancements or changes made to the films, a la Star Wars or E.T. The release will hit stores on November 4th, and there will be no set retail price but the box is expected to retail for around $49.95. You can check out more writeups at USA Today and Hollywood Reporter, and watch this space for more tomorrow..."

F**KING FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Neil

Looks great! Don't see the need for a foolscreen set, though. Who's going to buy that anyway? Maybe it's just a mistake. But it can't stop me from being excited about it. :joke:

- Marc, who thinks Pan & Scam sucks. :wave:

With Laurent Bouzereau producing? What a shock!

Do you think there might be an interview? :joke:

Justin - Who doesn't like what he see's (Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark) :wave:

Don't worry Justin. I have the 1999 VHS boxset, and on there the film is listed as Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark as well, but the title Raiders of the Lost Ark still remains. I'm positive this will be the case here too.

About the movies: Yippee!

About a John Williams feature: beerchug

Jeff -- who can't wait to hear all three films in 5.1 surround

I really hate being forced to buy all three movies. A similar situation occurs with the Rocky DVDs, but in that case I'm waiting for separate releases of the 5 films (they already released a Collector's Edition of the first one). But I guess I'll have to buy the Indiana Jones 4-DVD pack because I'm interested in two of the three movies and the 4th disc with the extras (heck, I did the same with the VHS releases over a decade ago, which I purchased twice -crappy full-screen and then widescreen of all three movies a couple of years later).

Ricard - who strongly disagrees with the change of title for Raiders of the Lost Ark and finds ridiculous that the trailer of the DVDs is full-screen.

Let's all pray this will be the long-awaited opportunity to release the full scores of all three films.

- Marc, hoping for a 5.1 isolated music track.

Let's all pray this will be the long-awaited opportunity to release the full scores of all three films.

It has to be.

Marc, hoping for a 5.1 isolated music track.

That will not happen, since it would stop many fans from buying the extended soundtrack releases.

It seems that now it 'the adventures of indiana jones' No trilogy :wave:

Er, about Last crusade detractors, you wouldn't that buy a DVD of that? Man you cannot like the movie... but it is not buying another VHS its a DVD - supposed to last forever and with great sound and video quality...

I really couldn't leave out a movie from a series.... but that's me... :joke:

Well, How much time for the scores does remain yet? :eek:

Very good news.

Although, with Laurent Bouzereau producing the DVD's, you can be pretty sure he'll be doing the re-releases of the scores (if any)

He has a less then stellar track record as far as i'm concerned.

How long does the score to TOD clock anyway, can it fit on a single 80 minute CD?

Stefancos- who's guessing he'll have to settle for EXPANDED, not COMPLETE.

I really couldn't leave out a movie from a series.... but that's me... :wave:

Heck, they seem to have the chapter thing!

I cannot afford the young Indy adventures :joke:

Er, about Last crusade detractors, you wouldn't that buy a DVD of that? Man you cannot like the movie... but it is not buying another VHS its a DVD - supposed to last forever and with great sound and video quality...

And why would anyone want a movie they dislike to last forever and with great sound and video quality?

As i said i like to have all movies from a series although one is not as good as the others (not in this case in my opinion). I realy cannot picture why you dislike it so much (with AOC and even TPM i 'could' understand)...

by the way, do you own AOC or TPM in DVD? :joke:

PS: the sentence 'i would like to leave out a movie from a series... (but that's me)... was put there becasue i found a little akward what you quoted. Reading it again it still sounds akward... well you can hear the score with nice sound quality.... :wave:)

I realy cannot picture why you dislike it so much (with AOC and even TPM i 'could' understand)...

I don't dislike LC as much as AOTC or TPM. I think it's a watchable movie, but I strongly dislike many parts of it and I don't consider it an Indiana Jones movie.

by the way, do you own AOC or TPM in DVD? :joke:

Of course not.

PS: the sentence 'i would like to leave out a movie from a series... (but that's me)... was put there becasue i found a little akward what you quoted.

What I said was "I hate being forced to buy all three movies".

Reading it again it still sounds akward... well you can hear the score with nice sound quality.... :wave:)

I'm not a fan of the the score either. I can wait until we get the official 2CD set.

PS: the sentence 'i would like to leave out a movie from a series... (but that's me)... was put there becasue i found a little akward what you quoted.

What I said was "I hate being forced to buy all three movies".

I meant my sentence (i meant to write wouldn't) sorry.

This is good news finally. I've been wanting them on DVD for a long time...

I hate being forced to buy all three movies.

Who doesn't hate being forced to do something? :wave:

If it helps anyway, considering recent dvd prices nowadays, the price of two single movies is unlikely to be too different from the 4-dvd package, so you might as well get the whole thing. Who knows if you will ever need it for reference?

I would get the 4-dvd box anyway, since, while Last Crusade might not be too "Indy" in certain parts, it's still the movie that features the best Indy score in my opinion, so I would get it only for that.

I really hate being forced to buy all three movies.

Technically, nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

Man, "Novmeber" can't get here fast enough. :wave:

Neil

I hate being forced to buy all three movies.
Who knows if you will ever need it for reference?

Or you can always use it as a coaster or a frisbee or something...

- Marc, :joke:

:wave: Man Against Beast from Jaws

I'm surprised nobody has pounced on the other glaring problem with this release: no commentaries! What is Spielberg's problem, huh? If he wants to get dragged into the future of cinema kicking and screaming, fine, but you'd think at least Ford would be able to sit-down and do one.

COD???

Cash On Delivery. Means Morn would absolutely have to pay for it. ;)

As for the lack of commentaries, they might have been nice, but certainly as an edited group thing. I don't think listening to Harrison Ford drone on by himself for 2 minutes, let alone 2 hours, would really be a good thing. Plus, I bet his time is expensive to him, and not worth it to the DVD producers to get him to sit down for the time necessary to do it.

Neil

I don't think listening to Harrison Ford drone on by himself for 2 minutes, let alone 2 hours,

Yeah, and do we really need to hear about the famous scene were indy shoots the swordfighter because Ford had the runs yet again.

Stefancos- who has never listened all the way through to a commantary track on a DVD...ever.

Holy Cow!!! Still Six Months to go. ;) Oh well.....anything worth getting is worth waiting for. I believe the Expanded releases of TOD and LC Soundtracks will follow given especially that there will be features of the music on the bonus disc.

I don't mind having to buy them all together. I bought the 3 Widescreen VHS editions seperately 4 years ago and regretted it after because I never had that cool Indy Cassette box that held all 3.

From the look of the DVD preview it does look like they cleaned the movies up immensely. I have a friend who has all 3 on 1 T-160 VHS.

Oh my God!!! The awful picture quality and low sound makes me want to cry. :cry:

I might get these DVD's too,although my collection of DVD's is rather small up to now.But I'd rather have c.d expanded score releases than the movies on DVD anyday

K.M.

Now all we need is the Special Special Star Wars trilogy Edition.

No, we do not, we need the original 1977, 1980, and 1983 versions on DVD, that's as "special" as Star Wars is and needs to be for me....

...but I detect a bit of sarcasm in your comment, so yeah, hehe.

It saddens me that there won't be any commentaries in the Indy Trilogy release. I've listened to most of the one from Gladiator, some of Braveheart's, a bit of PJ's from the middle of the Extended Fellowship of the Ring, and half of Superman's. I like commentaries, I really do, I just never budget time to watch them as well as the film. The lack of one seems to cheapen this Indy set a lot. Heck, the South Park TV series has a director's commentary on CDs that you listen to separate from the DVDs themselves, since Parker and Stone didn't want them to be censored. And not for Indy?

And sure, Crusade is a rehash, retread, and otherwise rip-off of Raiders, but it's still enjoyable, even though he doesn't actually get the goodie at the end, or the girl. Raiders is better. Temple's probably more entertaining. But having the original James Bond tag along is still a lot of fun.

Stefancos- who has never listened all the way through to a commantary track on a DVD...ever.

I never went through one commentary track from the director, but sometimes, the producer includes a commentary track from the composer (that is very rare indeed, but that was done by Bruno Coulais in "Les Rivieres Pourpres". It was very interessting)

Philippe - hoping that we'll have a JW commentary track ! (yeah...)

Now all we need is the Special Special Star Wars trilogy Edition. :music:

Justin

Mistake. We need the Star wars Saga Special edition. Bonus: Star wars and the original verions of ESB and ROJ. ;)

Luke, who is not being sarcastical :P

Best of all, there will be no CGI enhancements or changes made to the films

Not even the reflected snakes removed or the black lines on the blue screen? How lazy of them. :thumbup:

You should listen to the Actors' commentary on the Fellowship SEE, it's very funny in parts (especially when the hobbits get going... or Orlando Blooms commentsa about the lembas scene :thumbup:)