[GAME] Sheet music extract : find the score

Marc

41 minutes ago, Marc said:

I've got this other one, but I guess it'll be too easy for you @Falstaft :mrgreen:

01_0001.png

Here's one I transcribed earlier this year for fun. Can't speak to the accuracy 100%, especially toward the end, since AFAIK this has never been leaked, but think the gist is there.

ET Adventure.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2023 at 12:27 AM, Falstaft said:

Here's one I transcribed earlier this year for fun. Can't speak to the accuracy 100%, especially toward the end, since AFAIK this has never been leaked, but think the gist is there.

ET Adventure.png

It rings a bell but I just cannot put a name on it ^^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Pat_S said:

I'm hoping this is a tricky one? My notation is a bit messy but I tried my best haha

quiz pic.png

I know I've heard this somewhere but I can't remember where! :lol:

Seeing that high trumpet at the beginning, I immediately thought of the end of Quidditch, Third Year:

It's not that, though...

The descending winds + tremolo strings remind me slightly of this bit from Wampa's Lair:

But the overall orchestration does look to me like late 90s/early 00s Williams...

All of the above is a long way of saying: I don't know!

1 hour ago, Falstaft said:

Figured it out! DANG this was hard, well done, @Pat_S

Well done! I'm sorry, I wasn't awake to give you a hint! All your guesses beforehand were really good, the similarity between this and Long Grass is quite remarkable. I thought the fact that the first bar is cut out might throw some people off - if I'd shown the opening bars it would be too easy! How'd you figure it out?

Robotic_Spiders.png

2 hours ago, Loert said:

Seeing that high trumpet at the beginning, I immediately thought of the end of Quidditch, Third Year:

Great guess actually - the writing is really similar there too.

14 hours ago, Presto said:

I bet I could recognize it if I could hear it haha.

Maybe not! The CD track is actually edited and is a bit different from what the score dictates. The first bar is completely edited out, and the written score has there a loud trumpet combination that is a red herring, because you look for it and don't find it in the recording. Props to @Falstaft for identifying it despite this.

And by the way, what a piece! I hadn't listened to it in a while.

8 hours ago, Score said:

Maybe not! The CD track is actually edited and is a bit different from what the score dictates. The first bar is completely edited out, and the written score has there a loud trumpet combination that is a red herring, because you look for it and don't find it in the recording. Props to @Falstaft for identifying it despite this.

And by the way, what a piece! I hadn't listened to it in a while.

Yep - that’s why I thought it would be tricky (and a little mean.. sorry!!) 

7 hours ago, The Lost Folio said:

The video is "unavailable" here in Canada. Could you share the track title? (I still haven't figured it out!)

Spoiler

The end of 'Deploying the Spyders'! (in the middle of the OST track 'Spyders!') from Minority Report

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Marc said:

horn.png

Yikes, you're not kidding around with this one, @Marc!

I'm not hearing this particular chord in the horns clearly, but the only thing coming to mind immediately is "The Charge" from War Horse, which to my ears is based on the same dissonant chord, more or less at pitch (D-Eb-F#-G-A give or take a note or two). Am I at least close?

29 minutes ago, Falstaft said:

Yikes, you're not kidding around with this one, @Marc!

I'm not hearing this particular chord in the horns clearly, but the only thing coming to mind immediately is "The Charge" from War Horse, which to my ears is based on the same dissonant chord, more or less at pitch (D-Eb-F#-G-A give or take a note or two). Am I at least close?

Movie's from another decade ;)

16 minutes ago, Marc said:

Movie's from another decade ;)

Is it from Zam is Eliminated?

4 hours ago, Pat_S said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Classic!

You did have an advantage indeed :mrgreen:
Bravo nonetheless :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Falstaft said:

Here's one kind of in the spirit of the previous example. Good luck!

image.png

Could it be from Azkaban ?

On 01/12/2023 at 10:50 PM, Jay said:

I like the descending motif at the end of "Flight to Neverland (OST version)

Love these kind of "touching down" or "landing" gestures at the end of a big, soaring cue - reminds me of the end of "Buckbeak's Flight" as well...I'm sure there are other examples but can't think of any right now.

On 05/01/2024 at 11:06 AM, Falstaft said:

Here's one kind of in the spirit of the previous example. Good luck!

image.png

I'm stuck! I initially thought it might be from the opening of The Last Jedi, around 4:21, but obviously it can't be that if it's earlier than Azkaban, and it also doesn't sound quite the same. The passage shared seems incredibly Williams-y though! Back to the drawing board.

57 minutes ago, Pat_S said:

The passage shared seems incredibly Williams-y though! Back to the drawing board.

Hows this for a hint? It's from an Indiana Jones score :)

Is it:

Indy's first Adventure

Or

Stranglehold (Nocturnal Activities pt 2)

Is it:

Indy's first Adventure

Or

Stranglehold (Nocturnal Activities pt 2)

Perhaps

"Rats!" ?

10 minutes ago, Falstaft said:

Hows this for a hint? It's from an Indiana Jones score :)

Spoiler

Very helpful hint.. as soon as I read it I somehow immediately thought of this. Don't know how I didn't think of it before. Well played!

20 minutes ago, Pat_S said:
  Hide contents

Very helpful hint.. as soon as I read it I somehow immediately thought of this. Don't know how I didn't think of it before. Well played!

Got it, @Pat_S!

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/02/2024 at 11:39 PM, Pat_S said:

Any additional hints? I’m stuck! 

00000.png

1 hour ago, JWScores said:

And the answer is...

Reveal hidden contents

TByZZ.jpg

2 hours ago, Falstaft said:

Here's one -- a familiar tune but maybe not the most familiar context.

image.png

Well, I'd certainly be much surprised if it's anything else than the ending of ...

Spoiler

the arrangement of Devil's Dance from Witches of Eastwick that was prepared for Anne-Sophie Mutter! The key matches, and even the fact that the violin is back to playing "arco" after a few pizzicato notes.

3 hours ago, JWScores said:

Well, I'd certainly be much surprised if it's anything else than the ending of ...

Hide contents

the arrangement of Devil's Dance from Witches of Eastwick that was prepared for Anne-Sophie Mutter! The key matches, and even the fact that the violin is back to playing "arco" after a few pizzicato notes.

You got it!

13 hours ago, Falstaft said:

Hide contents

We Don't Wanna Grow Up!

You got it! That opening arpeggio has been living rent free in my head for the past few months.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Using a typeset, not revealing the instrument. Have fun 👍

Untitled-1.jpg

This is a hard one! My first thought was something from the Essay for Strings -- the rising octatonic sixteenth run and extremely chromatic, disjunct melody that follows is something that happens a lot in that piece, but never in exactly this way. Then I remembered that a certain cue starts with rising octatonic lines in several instrumental groups. Very tricky for not giving us the primary melodic line, @Manakin Skywalker!

Spoiler