Hans Zimmer's THE WEATHER MAN (2005) - 2022 La-La Land premiere

Jay

THE WEATHER MAN: LIMITED EDITION    LLLCD 1590
Music by Hans Zimmer
RETAIL PRICE: $21.98

STARTS SHIPPING APRIL 5

weatherman-cover_Web.jpg

Order yours from www.lalalandrecords.com starting 12 noon (pst) on 4/5.

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures proudly present the world premiere release of acclaimed composer Hans Zimmer’s (DUNE, NO TIME TO DIE, THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN) original motion picture score to the 2005 feature film dramatic comedy THE WEATHER MAN, starring Nicolas Cage, Michael Caine and Hope Davis, and directed by Gore Verbinski.

Once again collaborating with director Gore Verbinski, composer Hans Zimmer fashions a wonderfully soulful and thoughtful score, expertly mixing pathos and hope, and heart and melancholy – the perfect complement to this unique and compelling film and its titular character’s tale of mid-life crisis and redemption. Jazz and reggae flavors infuse this lively and reflective musical work, lending a “jam” flourish to the overall score. Produced by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by Doug Schwartz, this CD presentation marks the score’s premiere release on any format. The exclusive liner notes by film music journalist Kaya Savas features a new interview with Hans Zimmer, Gore Verbinski, co-composer James S. Levine, as well as music team members Clay Duncan, Heitor Pereira and Ryeland Allison. The sharp art direction is by Goldwasser.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Refreshing 3:42
2. Daily Routine 1:07
3. I Have A Plan 2:39
4. A Fine Father 2:02
5. Shelly's Lesson 1:02
6. Frustrations 3:04
7. Family Winterfest 2:28
8. 19th Century Noble Man 2:49
9. Driving With Dad 3:17
10. Bad News 0:40
11. Tartar Sauce 2:08
12. Can We Shop Here? 0:40
13. Shelly Goes New York Style 3:58
14. Something About Bob 2:12
15. Good Morning Mirror 1:29
16. Hot Apple Pie 1:13
17. Accuracy Equals Focusing 3:12
18. Clowns 1:33
19. Always Fast Food 1:24
20. Funeral 2:00
21. Who Knows 1:53
22. Right On Target 0:48
23. The Weather Man 6:15
Total Score Time: 51:35

Bonus Tracks
24. I Have A Plan (Alternate) 2:37
25. Funeral (Alternate) 1:59
Total Bonus Time: 4:36

Total Album Time: 56:11

This is a CD format release

The previous release was a bootleg, the consumption of which (and confusion re: validity) will likely put a dent in the sales LLL would make from this release.

Based on the description, this sounds like the kind of Zimmer mode I’m most interested in.  I may pick this up.

3 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Really? I kinda remembered this score used to have an album, but it may be a bootleg.

Maybe you were thinking of MATCHSTICK MEN? For a split second, I did anyway. What's with Cage and all these "man" movies (THE FAMILY MAN, MATCHSTICK MEN, THE WEATHER MAN....)?

Anyhoo, this is great news. I'm looking forward to this.

46 minutes ago, Thor said:

What's with Cage and all these "man" movies (THE FAMILY MAN, MATCHSTICK MEN, THE WEATHER MAN....)?

Wish they’d finally release The Family Man instead!

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Maybe you were thinking of MATCHSTICK MEN? For a split second, I did anyway. What's with Cage and all these "man" movies (THE FAMILY MAN, MATCHSTICK MEN, THE WEATHER MAN....)?

Anyhoo, this is great news. I'm looking forward to this.

Yeah, that's exactly the one I was remembering! Thanks.

278020167_10107370283948865_4662806989679763798_n.jpg

@Kaya says

"What an amazing and collaborative journey it was to bring The Weather Man to the world for the first official release in any format.
Thank you Hans, Gore, Jimmy, Clay, Heitor, and Ryeland for all your input and support for the liner notes. It was beyond an honor to be part of this release. Seriously, steering that conversation was one of the most enlightening and rewarding experiences.
Thank you Matt, Michael and Dan for having me along for the ride and for all the work behind producing this album.
And thanks to Stéphane for consulting and supervising everything. #teamhzforum4life 😛
We hope everyone enjoys this amazing release! The album is now available: https://lalalandrecords.com/weather-man-the-limited-edition/"

278005843_10107370286563625_2062539921803240918_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/kayasavas/posts/10107370286648455

Why would anyone want such an insignificant mediocre score from a boxoffice flop when there are still more important scores needing release or reissues.

There is a reason zimmer is popular I suppose but its beyond my understanding.

The labels are working on all kinds of scores from every composer across all decades.  They get released when they get approved.  Things take time.

On 5/4/2022 at 3:58 PM, mstrox said:

Wish they’d finally release The Family Man instead!

This. So very this.

The Weather Man is a pretty good movie.  I remember enjoying it.

I haven't seen it in 15 years or whatever and I still remember the line "It's just wind!  It blows all over the place!"

• 3 weeks later...

Nice comments from @Kaya!

"

If you haven’t picked up your copy of The Weather Man, you’re missing out! This is the first time the score has ever been released!
Steering the interview with Hans, Gore, Jimmy, Heitor, Clay, and Ryeland was one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve had. This movie is extremely underappreciated and I wanted to cover all the reasons why I fell in love with it including how it wasn’t afraid to explore with all the hard things in life we all deal with.
Our chat covered not only the making of the film and score, but how the themes of the film resonate with all of us in the discussion. Everyone was so open and honest, and super extra special thanks to La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures for not censoring our filthy potty mouths and for not cutting anything out. These liner notes are the exact conversation we had. It was not shaped or molded to be re-focused or something different.
And thank you Hans for the personal photos that Dan was able to use for the layout, and for supporting this release.
Matt and Michael run the best soundtrack label because they support examining the filmmaking process in its entirety and every project is made with passion.
"

279607279_10107403902886245_158155896691152557_n.jpg
279881990_10107403903125765_3943473211143043258_n.jpg
279442996_10107403903030955_7874992544665653477_n.jpg

Yes, I've been listening to it a few times since its release. I love it. OK, so there are a few "disruptive" tracks I might want to weed out for better flow -- like "Good Morning Mirror" -- but certainly a highlight archival release this year.

• 1 month later...