Dial of Destiny: Cue-by-Cue Breakdown of the Score

Gosh this is impressively fast, you beat me to the punch! Happy to answer any questions here as well.

1 hour ago, Archive Collection said:

Source Music.

I picked up on quite a bit of source music throughout the film but have no idea what's Williams or not.

There's a jazzy source cue in the Morocco bazaar, and another source cue for the puppet show in Sicily. The funeral (or wedding?) procession at the start of the Sicily section has source music too.

William Ross was credited for something called "Pulse of the City", as you identified.

More source music: "The Girl from Ipanema" by Stan Getz plays when Helena follows Indy and Mason is spying on her. This leads into the first appearance of Helena's Theme.

Correction: This song plays a bit earlier, when Indy gets his retirement clock. 

A snippet of Tom Jones' version of "Fly Me to the Moon" is briefly heard during the chase through the parade.

The end credits also list "Chombo Merengue" by Les Aiglons de Basse Terre and "La Fogaraccia" by Nino Rota. This last piece is possibly the jazzy piece in the Morocco bazaar. 

2 hours ago, HB Potlood said:

More source music: "The Girl from Ipanema" by Stan Getz plays when Helena follows Indy and Mason is spying on her. This leads into the first appearance of Helena's Theme.

I'm fairly certain that the first appearance of Helena's theme in that scene is from the start of the Polybius Cypher track. It was possibly tracked from that scene.

4 hours ago, HB Potlood said:

The end credits also list "Chombo Merengue" by Les Aiglons de Basse Terre and "La Fogaraccia" by Nino Rota. This last piece is possibly the jazzy piece in the Morocco bazaar. 

Well there's a few mysteries solved.

This is the Morocco bazaar source:

And this is the source music for the puppet show in Sicily (when Teddy steals money from that other kid).

I'd hoped the Morocco source was Williams, but there ya go.

Still unclear where William Ross' Pulse of the City belongs.

Is it playing off of a record? I’m not that familiar with Beethoven so I don’t know what the 1st movement of the 5th Symphony sounds like, but is it just playing in the background then? Also if it is, kinda strange IMDb doesn’t have it listed there. 

"Lili Marleen" - Hans Leip & Norbert Schultze (1930)

"The Girl from Ipanema" - Antonio Carlos Jobim, Vinicius de Moraes & Norman Gimbel / Stan Getz & João Gilberto featuring Astrud Gilberto (1964) 

"Chombo Meringue" - Raymond Celini & Michel Nerplat / Les Aiglons de Basse Terre

"Magical Mystery Tour" - John Lennon & Paul McCartney / The Beatles (1967) 

"Pulse of the City" - William Ross 

"La Fogaraccia" - Nino Rota (Amarcord) 

"Space Oddity" - David Bowie (1969)

"Fly Me to the Moon" - Bart Howard / Tom Jones 

"I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream" - Howard Johnson, Robert King & Billy Moll

On 28/6/2023 at 9:12 AM, Archive Collection said:

New York Chase Sequence:

a - Score (Unreleased)

b - Source No. 1 - Marching Band (Unreleased, possibly Pulse of the City by William Ross - overlaid with score)

c - Source No. 2 - Amazing Grace Bagpipes

Don’t forget the marching band playing Sousa’s “Semper Fidelis” when Indy rides the horse through them.