Will Dial of Destiny be nominated for a best Original score Oscar?

filmmusic

Will Dial of Destiny be nominated for a best Original score Oscar?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Will Dial of Destiny be nominated for a best Original score Oscar?

30 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Oh, I forgot that Sith and Azkaban were not Christmas releases. That makes Sith another summer release in a year where he didn't get any nomination, but Azkaban on the other hand was nominated.

Sith came out in 2005, the year he was nominated for two scores actually: Munich and Memoirs of a Geisha.

Sorry if these corrections are annoying, I feel I'm becoming a new Jay with this obssession for correct details ROTFLMAO

22 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Sith came out in 2005, the year he was nominated for two scores actually: Munich and Memoirs of a Geisha.

It came out in 2005, but it was part of the 2006 Academy Awards season (it had a makeup nomination at the 2006 Oscars).

It's all very confusing. ;)

4 hours ago, Edmilson said:

There was also Solo, for which he provided the themes, in 2018.

Will never not be upset over the fact that Solo missed out on Best Original Score simply because Disney and Lucasfilm FORGOT to submit it. Makes me insanely angry.

6 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Yeah, Disney did Powell extremely dirty. I don't think it would've received a nomination either way that year, but still, what they did to JP and JW was so uncool, especially when you think that these days even scores for stuff like Fast and Furious receive "for your consideration" promotion by their studios.

As the resident Brian Tyler fan, his Fast scores have been on serious autopilot these past few installments. Think bro just wants to go home.

4 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

It came out in 2005, but it was part of the 2006 Academy Awards season (it had a makeup nomination at the 2006 Oscars).

It's all very confusing. ;)

I think you're mixing up your Oscar timelines somehow lol, Revenge of the Sith was in the same awards year as Memoirs and Munich. Its fellow Makeup nominees were Cinderella Man and Narnia. All 2005 releases, at either the 2005 or 2006 Oscars depending how you look at it. 

6 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Yeah, Disney did Powell extremely dirty. I don't think it would've received a nomination either way that year, but still, what they did to JP and JW was so uncool, especially when you think that these days even scores for stuff like Fast and Furious receive "for your consideration" promotion by their studios.

I guess it wasn't eligible due to the use of old themes.

13 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

I think you're mixing up your Oscar timelines somehow lol, Revenge of the Sith was in the same awards year as Memoirs and Munich. Its fellow Makeup nominees were Cinderella Man and Narnia. All 2005 releases, at either the 2005 or 2006 Oscars depending how you look at it. 

You are right. I repeat: It's all very confusing.

• 3 weeks later...

Next Best Picture released their Oscar predictions. Only one member has Indy in their top 10. I'm not really sure what makes them qualified to make valid predictions, I just thought it was interesting. 

https://nextbestpicture.com/oscar-predictions-best-original-score/

I voted no and don't care at all, as long as Disney releases an FYC with a good deal of unreleased music.

On 05/07/2023 at 9:58 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

I guess it wasn't eligible due to the use of old themes.

Well the SW sequel trilogy scores all got FYCs despite reprising quite a number of the legacy themes and containing various direct quotes from prior film scores in the series. Rogue One also had an FYC with prior themes snipped out (badly).

The reason I don't think it will be nominated:

1)Score mostly mixed poorly in the film and you can't really hear it properly

2)Re-use of previous music

3)Indy 5 tanked at the box office and had mostly bad reviews so it won't be remembered

hell we'll be lucky if we even get a FYC

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

What is worse: not getting a FYC at all or getting one but it never leaked online and the only way to acquire it is on Ebay, like The BFG?

Not getting an FYC at all is obviously worse.  The guy who bought The BFG FYC from ebay will certainly share it with people eventually