John Williams & Anne-Sophie Mutter with The Chicago Symphony Orchestra. October 22nd 2024

SyncMan

I wonder, if this Violin Concerto No. 2 will ever be performed by anyone else than ASM.

As this was kind of a personal gift, probably no other performer will be interested in this one. 

If you wanna play a Williams violin concerto, you can play no. 1.

No. 2 is probably just ASM's.

1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

I wonder, if this Violin Concerto No. 2 will ever be performed by anyone else than ASM.

Not while she’s alive.

5 hours ago, BB-8 said:

ASM must have sent more cookies than Yo-Yo (and Ax).

I sent him the biggest Sacher-Torte from Hotel Sacher in 2019. Then he had it again in 2020 when he had lunch at the Hotel Sacher with ASM. But I sent one to him first. :)

5 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

As this was kind of a personal gift, probably no other performer will be interested in this one. 

Violin Concerto No. 2: "The Mutter"   

3 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Wasn't it Hotel Imperial in 2020 and 2022?

Yes he stayed at Hotel Imperial, but ASM took him to Hotel Sacher for lunch or dinner and they had a Sacher-Torte. 

12 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Wasn't it Hotel Imperial in 2020 and 2022?

According to most reports I've heard, the actual original Sachertorte isn't all that good anyway.

2 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

According to most reports I've heard, the actual original Sachertorte isn't all that good anyway.

Which one should I try instead?

8 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

According to most reports I've heard

The reports are wrong. I’ve had Sacher-Torte many times, it’s delicious. You should try it, then judge for yourself.

5 hours ago, Smeltington said:

The Imperial-Torte is great as well. 

10 hours ago, Smeltington said:

My sister's, for example. :-p It's not the chocolate concept itself that's bad, but I've heard multiple times that the specific original Sacher recipe is rather dry and boring. Of course, I live in a country where you get all kinds of Torten, so the original Sacher version may be more impressive for people who haven't been exposed to so many of them. Or maybe the reports are simply wrong. I've had my share of Sachertorten all over Austria over the years, and they usually are ok but not outstanding, but I've never personally tried the original.

Anyway, in my personal baking experience, if you don't put 160 proof rum in your cake dough, you're doing it wrong.

21 hours ago, BB-8 said:

I thought the Sacher-Torte was delivered to the Imperial where they also offer excellent Wiener...

Hot Dog Grandma GIF

Sorry, Frankfurter.

10 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

My sister's, for example. :-p It's not the chocolate concept itself that's bad, but I've heard multiple times that the specific original Sacher recipe is rather dry and boring.

Well, unless your sister wants to celebrate my visit to Vienna by making me a sachertorte, I'll have to start with the original and go from there! Ignorance will be bliss.

15 hours ago, JTN said:

The Imperial-Torte is great as well. 

And do I need to avoid the Cafe Imperial for this one? :P

8 hours ago, Smeltington said:

And do I need to avoid the Cafe Imperial for this one? :P

I bought one in the hotel’s gift shop. 

On 29/2/2024 at 2:15 AM, GerateWohl said:

Generally when a piece such as this is commissioned for a particular performer, that performer is the only artist allowed to play the piece in public for a certain amount of time. I don’t know that that’s the case here, but it very well could be. 

At any rate, I’ll be at the Chicago concert. If anyone here attends, come say hi! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.
I'm new on this site. I'm from Denmark and have been a fan for most of my life. My dream is to see and hear mr. John Williams live in a concert, and am currently looking for a performance to buy tickets to.
Does anyone know how to become a "Curated series subscriber" as it says on the concert details? Is it even possible?

I would suggest going to a BPO Tanglewood concert.  Tickets are much easier to get for them.