Andrea Datzman’s INSIDE OUT 2 (2024)

Max

According to the latest poster, Andrea Datzman is scoring Inside Out 2!

IMG_0559.jpeg

This is her first score for a feature film, right? That’s neat! I’m looking forward to hearing it!

37 minutes ago, Mr. Who said:

That’s a shame, was looking forward to hear Gi revisit the themes he wrote for the first score

She is going definately use Giacchino's themes...

She also wrote Triple Dent Gum from the first movie

37 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Fixed

Outside of the "Pixar hasn't made a good movie since The Incredibles" crowd, I don't think many people have lower expectations for this movie than I do. And that looked like a reasonable sequel to the first one.

With most of his former Pixar colleagues jumping ship for Skydance animation, it won't surprise me if MG wanted to follow along, all without burning the bridges. Also his ambitions for filmmaking and all that.

In any case, I think this will turn out better in Datzman's hands than if MG were to return. No matter what the film's quality may be like, a composer who is new to the scene is more likely to take advantage of the situation and give it their best than one who's already "seen it all".

I read her name and I was like:

IMG_0143.gif

Knowing she is Giacchino's wife makes me think she will definitely use his themes, so I'm okay with someone else scoring the film as long as it's a good score, and perhaps she will bring a new perspective or a new voice to the project. Looking forward to it!

9 hours ago, Drawgoon said:

With most of his former Pixar colleagues jumping ship for Skydance animation, it won't surprise me if MG wanted to follow along, all without burning the bridges. Also his ambitions for filmmaking and all that.

In any case, I think this will turn out better in Datzman's hands than if MG were to return. No matter what the film's quality may be like, a composer who is new to the scene is more likely to take advantage of the situation and give it their best than one who's already "seen it all".

But she's not really new....

I've seen the first one twice and I can only recall two bits of music - Nomanisone Island and Tears of Joy. Hence to me it wasn't a movie that relied on its score anywhere near as much as some Pixar movies, so I think it's good material for a composer who doesn't have much big stuff under her belt.

Is someone new ever really an unacceptable continuation of a franchise though? As long as the score they write isn't outright bad.

I could understand more with perhaps Toy Story where a departure from Newman's jazzy sound would be very noticeable, and some other guy writing a more generic score without Newman's themes wouldn't be warmly welcomed.

53 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Is someone new ever really an unacceptable continuation of a franchise though? As long as the score they write isn't outright bad.

I could understand more with perhaps Toy Story where a departure from Newman's jazzy sound would be very noticeable, and some other guy writing a more generic score without Newman's themes wouldn't be warmly welcomed.

Do you like both Giacchino Toy Story Specials? ;P

Never seen them :) 

Unless you're implying that Gia is 'some other guy' doing a generic score, you're stretching my argument a tad :P 

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Is someone new ever really an unacceptable continuation of a franchise though?

Leonard Rosenman, Robocop 2.

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

As long as the score they write isn't outright bad.

Leonard Rosenman, Robocop 2.