This year's soundtracks so far...

NeejaHalycon

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial - The 20th Anniversary, but I guess that doesn't really count, does it?

I don't have the official Episode II CD. Just MP3's. I still want to buy the CD though. If I ever get around doing it [if I can ever afford it, that is]. :?

-- Marc, who thinks CD's are rediculously overpriced. :)

AOTC for now. Wanting to get the Time Machine as well as that John Debney score (forget which movie though).

If you are anywere near a Mediamarkt you would do good looking there, they are often several Euro's cheaper then most other stores.

Stefancos- who also thinks CD's are horrible overpriced.

Spider-man (Danny Elfman)

Star Wars Episode II (John Williams)

About a Boy (Score-Song CD composed by a Brit-rocker named Badly Drawn Boy)

Soon to be Minority Report and Men in Black II. I just spent my last few bucks on a new Violent Femmes CD, so Minority will have to wait just a few days longer.

If you are anywere near a Mediamarkt you would do good looking there, they are often several Euro's cheaper then most other stores.

Do Dutch Mediamarkts have good score selections? Their prices in Austria are good, too, but it doesn't help a lot if they don't have what I'm looking for...

Marian - who won't get MR before June 25. :)

They have mostly the average selection, the one in amsterdam has a few items you won't see in every store (they still have Amistad and 7 Years In Tibet, for instance)

It's to far out of the way for me to do ant kind of regular CD shopping there, so i usually end up browsing through CD's i already have, but payed more for. :cry:

Stefancos- crazed by today's heat.

Marc, who thinks CD's are rediculously overpriced. :)

That's 'cause the labels engage in (illegal, at least in the US) price fixing.

Just E.T. 20, Attack of the Clones and now Minority Report for me so far. I'm just listening to MR for the second time, but I'd say out of the new scores this year (AOTC vs. MR), AOTC has the lead. I have a feeling that MR's score will work for the movie in amazing ways though, as some of the timings are the CD have to tie into great visuals/pacing.

Now, there's just Harry Potter II and Catch Me If You Can left for me this year. Like others say, CDs are just too expensive, so I have to "choose wisely". It's Williams or nothing in my CD collection now.

You are right i always buy them there. BUT they do not have the European week of music. And i saw ET 20th for 12 Euros in another big shop, that usually costs twice than mediamarkt...

Wanting to get the Time Machine as well as that John Debney score (forget which movie though).

Dragonfly.

I've gotten:

Attack of the Clones

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

The Sum of All Fears

I'm going to get:

Minority Report

Spider-Man

The Scorpian King

Justin

You are right i always buy them there. BUT they do not have the European week of music. And i saw ET 20th for 12 Euros in another big shop, that usually costs twice than mediamarkt...

Hey Luke how are Mediamarkets called in Spain? I wish I could find one in Madrid!!

I have gotten so far:

-AOTC

-E.T.

I'm to get:

-MR

-HPCS

-TTT!!!!!! (Nobody mentioned this yet???)

(-not to forget CMIYC)

and perhaps Spiderman, if I like the music in the film, going to see it in a few days

-Chris

I've gotten:

E.T. 20th

AOTC

Mrs. Doubtfire

Minority Report

I'm planning on getting: (either for my birthday or purchasing):

Spider-Man

Gladiator ;)

Shrek

Schindler's List

The Star Wars Trilogy

Ray Barnsbury

-HPCS

-TTT!!!!!! (Nobody mentioned this yet???)

(-not to forget CMIYC)

What do these acronyms stand for?

Sequels to HP(P)SS and FOTR. ;)

And CMIYC is Catch Me If You Can. I'll be getting that along with HPATCOS. ;)

So far, I've bought E.T., AOTC, and Minority Report. I also bought Sum of All Fears and The Musketeer, and will soon be getting Independence Day, The World is not Enough, Always, Salute to America, Twilight Zone: The Movie, and The Mummy. Hopefully, I will be getting the other scores on my want list. ;)

~Harry

CD's I've gotten this year,

Episode II

Sum of All Fears

Spiderman

Minority Report

CD's I will get,

Harry Potter 2

Catch Me if you Can

Lord of the Rings 2

MIBII (possibly)

It's nice to have something to look forward to ;)

Hey Luke how are Mediamarkets called in Spain? I wish I could find one in Madrid!!

they are called the same, Mediamarkts (without 'e') anyways, the ET 20th for 12 Euros was in 'El Corte Inglés'

I seem to be with the Majority with the new score that have come out with

ET 20th

AOTC

SpiderMan(score)

Minority Report

but as for scores I've gotten that aren't 2002 there are too many to list (that's just a lame excuse for me not to have to try and think of them all! :) )

Cool, guys. I was mainly looking to see if I'd missed out on any major soundtracks this year. I went on a binge today and got The Time Machine, Minority Report, and Iris. I passed on Spider-Man and Windtalkers, though.

Of soundtracks for films released this year, I only have "E.T. 20" and "AOTC." Most of my soundtrack purchases these days are of classic scores. For instance, I snapped up the new Previn/London Sym. recording of Korngold's "The Sea Hawk," etc., on DG. And just this afternoon, I finally bought the Salonen/L.A. Phil. Bernard Herrmann disc and the Muti/La Scala Rota film score album (both on Sony), as they were on sale for $7.99 (U.S.) a piece.

:) Rota's "The Leopard"

Hello, friends. I figured I'd get back in the action with a reply to this thread.

2002 scores that I own are:

The Count Of Monte Cristo (Shearmur)

Dragonfly (Debney)

Enigma (Barry)

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial - The 20th Anniversary Edition (Williams)

Hart's War (Portman)

Minority Report (Williams)

Panic Room (Shore)

The Scorpion King (Debney)

Spider-Man score (Elfman)

Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron (Zimmer)

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack Of The Clones (Williams) - 3 copies

The Sum Of All Fears (Goldsmith)

Windtalkers (Horner)

2002 scores that I will be owning:

Catch Me If You Can (Williams)

Gangs Of New York (Bernstein)

Harry Potter and the Chamber Of Secrets (Williams)

Lilo & Stitch (Silvestri)

Men In Black II (Elfman)

Red Dragon (Elfman)

Road To Perdition (T. Newman)

The Salton Sea (T. Newman)

Signs (Howard)

and many more, I'm sure....

Director - who loves scores and can never really have enough of them....

:) "Cooperstown Aria I" from Cobb (Goldenthal)

I have Zilch CD's from 2002

Billybobab-Who would buy a lot if he had a FREAKIN JOB!!! (I'm only in High School, but am looking for one)

Admittedly, I haven't been picking up too many new releases. I've been catching up on older stuff that I hadn't gotten around to the first time or have been stocking up on concert works by Korngold, Waxman, Williams, and Rozsa. (Thank goodness for CD clubs!)

Of the 2002 albums I've acquired: AOTC, E.T. 20th Anniversary, Iris, and Minority Report. There are more I'd get, if not for a tight budget (as if I didn't spend enough as it is) and that it competes with my DVD collecting. In fact, the past two years DVD buying had taken priority over my CDs. Now it's the opposite.

The 2002 additions to my collection are:

ET: 20th Anniversary

AOTC

Minority Report (arrived today from Amazon.com)

Sum Of All Fears (arrived today from Amazon.com)

I've spent most of the year acquiring the concert works of John Williams and older film scores (Korngold and Rozsa mainly). :)

:) Minority Report

Well, as you said, i'm your Mayesty.

But Harry, have you never...ever downloaded music from the net....bootlegs, like the A.I. promo, if you were given the opportunity that is.

Stefancos- who does not know if Harry's modem is fast enough for that type of downloads.

Bootlegs and music that is available for sale are different. I feel very strongly that music that can be bought through legal channels shouldn't be downloaded and burnt. Morn has upwards of ninety discs burnt without the intention of even going to the store and buying them. For that reason, I agree with Harry. It's just shameful.

Well, as you said, i'm your Mayesty.

But Harry, have you never...ever downloaded music from the net....bootlegs, like the A.I. promo,  if you were given the opportunity that is.

Stefancos- who does not know if Harry's modem is fast enough for that type of downloads.

Yes, my internet connection is capable of downloading.

Yes, I have downloaded music, and all the John Williams music that I have downloaded, I in turn went out and purchased the real soundtracks, so I gave my share back to all the soundtrack people.

~Harry, who does not feel guilty :mrgreen:

Bootlegs and music that is available for sale are different. I feel very strongly that music that can be bought through legal channels shouldn't be downloaded and burnt. Morn has upwards of ninety discs burnt without the intention of even going to the store and buying them. For that reason, I agree with Harry. It's just shameful.

Why would I buy 30 discs if I was happy downloading them? I only download because I can't afford the cd's and I need them and not getting them is simply not an option. What makes you think I wouldn't buy them if I could?

Why would I buy 30 discs if I was happy downloading them? I only download because I can't afford the cd's and I need them and not getting them is simply not an option. What makes you think I wouldn't buy them if I could?

The economic system isn't built on intentions, and I don't see how one's personal ethics should be either.

And not having discs is an option. There's a rather thick line in this case between what you want and what you need.

I'm not going to discuss this anymore because I can see this becoming a problem for the board. I'm done.

For me, Williams music is a need. And it's not just intentions, it's that their losses and gains are the same whatever I do, so I don't see how it matters to them, as I will buy what I can anyway.