Memoirs of a Geisha images

Bowie

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think this is a good sign. What a nice challenge for Williams methinks.

002_l.jpg

06-Walking Along the Pond

003_l.jpg

07-The Divas Catfight

004_l.jpg

11-The Hours Between

K.M.

The images are quite beautiful.  

Ray Barnsbury - whose mind is opening...must...close...back...up.....

Mmmm, you mean, you prefer to keep it closed? Interesting.

Bollocks to the lot of ya. I think it'll be good.

MM - Who has a relatively open mind, and isn't so narrow minded that he would predict a failure simply because Williams is doing an "artsy fartsy" film instead of GoF.

In all honesty, some parts in Harry 3 seem very similar in writing to the Star Wars prequel action cues. Somehow I don't think he will do that here. I only hope it won't be a score that is "sweeping" all of the time. At the same time I'm hoping for a new genius bouncing theme. Is there a bouncing theme in your prediction somewhere, K.M.?

----------------

Alex Cremers

Give me an example of a bouncing theme.

K.M.

I almost can't believe it! K.M., the inventor of the words "bouncy theme" has forgotten the meaning of it!

Maybe this will refresh your memory!

http://www.jwfan.net/index.php?name=PNphpB...ighlight=#75250

----------------

Alex Cremers

Those look interesting. I'm still kinda angry with Williams for leaving GOF for this, though.

BTW, this will be in English, right? I went to Hero and was unpleasantly surprised by the subtitles, which were rather distracting, IMHO. I did, however, quite like the score, and I am excited to hear this one.

~Sturgis

I found the subtitles in Hero distracting too

K.M.Who has seen Hero at the cinema,which will probably surprise Alexcremmmers.

K.M.2Who saw Closer and Flight to Neverland today,and sees Natalie Portman in a whole new light.

I like those pics. I'm looking forward to this movie, to see what JW will do. I'm thinking he'll use like traditional Japanese instruments or something. I think I've finally gotten over the fact that he's not doing GoF. That movie will already be butchered by its short length anyway.

Looks like it could be good. I just hope it's closer to a Jane Eyre type than a Stepmom type. And anything is better than getting another atrocious Harry potter release. If only he could do a Star Wars score every time. *sigh*

-Chris, Who's Au asked if I want her to dress like those photos. :|

Is it just me, or is Ziyi Zhang in every internationally-shown Asian movie?

Agreed...

:? :|:angry:

There are plenty of other asian actresses who could fill that role, better than her.

she's also had a "love" scene in every movie i've seen with her in it.

as if that's all they think about her being... :|

BTW, this will be in English, right?  I went to Hero and was unpleasantly surprised by the subtitles, which were rather distracting, IMHO.

Yeah, that half assed script really got in the way of the film.

You Americans really aren't acostumed to subtitles, are you?

Romão. who's glad he lives in oen of the few Europen countries that does not dub movies.

Actually, the minority is the dubbing countries. Only Spain, France, Germany and Italy at times dub foreign movies.

-Ross, who did a documentary on History and Techniques of dubbing last year.

I watch all movies with subtitles because it helps my fiancee learn English better. I actually prefer them now, as occasionally I realize that I misunderstood what they said. Or I was always unsure of what they said, and it helps. Also, cleaned-up/remasteredDVD soundtracks help... some old movies and TV shows I couldn't understand what they were saying, and with the DVDs it's very clear in comparison to occasionally muffled broadcasted versions, theatres, or VHS tapes. This is also the case with my old favorite Transformers: Generation One cartoons as well.

• 1 month later...
I found the subtitles in Hero distracting too

K.M.Who has seen Hero at the cinema,which will probably surprise Alexcremmmers.

K.M.2Who saw Closer and Flight to Neverland today,and sees Natalie Portman in a whole new light.

House of the Flying Daggers is better - check it out.

Natalie Portman, mmm yes. If you haven't already, go see Garden State. Made me realise why I like her screen presence and how she added so much to the terrific Ted Demme (RIP) film Beautiful Girls.

-Tim

002_l.jpg

This scene made me think of the wonderful Seven Years in Tibet cue, Palace Invitation - 1:17 into the cue we hear bells coupled with major chords - fantastically atmospheric!

-Tim (who has high hopes for this score)

If that's real, I'll eat my hat.

Notice the lowercase "o" on "of" followed by the capital "A". That, plus the fact that the artist used the font "Papyrus" which is rarely used professionally but frequently used in crappy fan art. And there's no copyright. That last one alone is more than enough proof.

There's no way in hell that thing is real. It originated as one of the DreamWorks fansite's patented "exclusives" and has spread to a few less than discerning sites that would believe that amateurish garbage is real. If that's the best Sony would do for even early key art, they might as well close the project down now.