Operation Soundtrack Lifeboat.

JoeinAR

Third world nations terrorist have committed a heinous act of terrorism, that has resulted in a cataclysmic destruction of the world's sound reproducing electronics. By exploding a series of low yield nuclear devices around the world, designed to release a huge electromagetic pulse, the terrorist have effectively wiped out all car stereos, home theatre systems, radios, personal music devices, including I-pods. Worse yet all cd's, mini disc, cd'rs and dvd's were destroyed as well. All gaming devices were destroyed as well

Now the governments of the worlds are responding to the fanboys cries and pleas for assistance.

Resources are low, and there are priorities, rock, rap, classical, and country music must be restored to the public first.

Because soundtracks/scores take such a low priority on the list, we are only allowed to choose a single track for inclusion upon this government restorative movie score cd. The cd's are going to be given free to the fanboy population. But to recieve one you must follow the rules.

Only one track can be added at a time.

No single person can add more than one track out of every 10 tracks submitted, meaning you can have more than one choice, but not before 10 others are given after yours.

No songs, just score music, choir accompanyment is allowed.

All film score composers are allowed. Justification may be required in certain cases, ie, Zimmer.

All film genre's are allowed.

A track can be voted off, given 5 dissenting votes.

Any attempts to add more than one at a time will result in that persons choices not being counted.

Space is limited, there can be no duplications.

to start this soundtrack my choice is

Princess Leia's Theme, from Star Wars.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so Marc you chose not to include anything, NOT WISE, you can only chose ONE, or you cannot be included.

so Marc you chose not to include anything, NOT WISE, you can only chose ONE, or you cannot be included.

Well, the thing is... It's just a cover. I was behind the attack, and made sure my own media are hidden away safely, so after a while I can start selling copies to those wanting more than just the one track and become filthy stinking rich. 8O

- Marc, ;)

Joe, what an apocalyptic post! What a cool post, thought...

My choice is "Scherzo for motorcycle and orchestra" from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

The image of the end of the world is quite disturbing. It's not that confortable thinking to have no music apart from scores, too.

Allow me to offer my condolences to the worlds music lovers... In an attempt to bring about healing... I offer Love Theme from Superman performed by The London Symphony Orchestra under the guidance of John Williams

BKL

Adventures on Earth from E.T. (original release)

I second that. It's a long track, with plenty of variety in it. That's why it's my choice if we're forced. It's powerful, exciting, romantic, dreamy, and sentimental, in one track.

Failing that, i guess i could try playing it with the spoons and bongo drums!!

I second that. It's a long track, with plenty of variety in it. That's why it's my choice if we're forced. It's powerful, exciting, romantic, dreamy, and sentimental, in one track.

No duplications! Your suggestion has been voided and you must wait until 10 more titles are announced before you can pick another cue.

Neil

No duplications! Your suggestion has been voided and you must wait until 10 more titles are announced before you can pick another cue.

And one classical piece has to be included as punishment.

Noooooo make it stop.... :music:

Justin

End Title Overture from "Twilight Zone - The Movie"

I like the way this guy thinks... :music:

BKL

You should have picked your own track and not piggy backed on his. You will not be able to vote for another 10 posts now. 10 points from Gryffindor!

Neil

BKL

You should have picked your own track and not piggy backed on his. You will not be able to vote for another 10 posts now. 10 points from Gryffindor!

Neil

For someone who claims to read all the posts, you sure missed this one...

Allow me to offer my condolences to the worlds music lovers... In an attempt to bring about healing... I offer Love Theme from Superman performed by The London Symphony Orchestra under the guidance of John Williams  

BKL

:jump:

20 points lost and no votes for ten posts for Neil... Judges, can we have a ruling on this please? :jump:

BKL

Neil

BKL

:jump:

20 points lost and no votes for ten posts for Neil... Judges, can we have a ruling on this please? :jump:

commdecker.jpg

"I don't recognize your authority."

Neil

Why doesn't anybody said "The Raiders March" yet?

Or "Welcome to Jurassic Park"...just some suggestion...

I guess you completely missed my post... the 4th one in this thread... where I wrote "End Credits from Raiders of the Lost Ark (John Williams)"

Anyway... am I allowed to vote again? If so, then I will pick "The Clocktower Sequence" from Back To The Future (Alan Silvestri)

-Erik-

Since "The Enterprise" has already been submitted, here's

"The Riddle's Solved / End Credits" from Bruce Broughton's Young Sherlock Holmes

I like the way this guy thinks... :ola:

BKL

Neil

BKL

:ola:

20 points lost and no votes for ten posts for Neil... Judges, can we have a ruling on this please? ;)

commdecker.jpg

Neil

You really have a photoquote for every ocasion! LOL

BKL

Neil

BKL

:ola:

20 points lost and no votes for ten posts for Neil... Judges, can we have a ruling on this please? ;)

commdecker.jpg

Neil

I don't have anything to say I'm just curious to see how big of a quote we can get.

Justin

BKL

Neil

BKL

;)

commdecker.jpg

Neil

I don't have anything to say I'm just curious to see how big of a quote we can get.

Justin

I just meant to quote Neil, but isolated it lost grandeur :ola:

Joe, are you actually planning on making this CD? If so I'd love a copy! :ola:

I'm thinking about making a playlist on my iPod of the tracks suggested in this thread. It would be an excellent listen.

-Erik-

Joe, are you actually planning on making this CD? If so I'd love a copy! :angry:

I hadn't been, but it would be an interesting compilation without a doubt.