Episode III title: ?????

PetePan

Anakin will be killed in the next episode, only to come back from the dead at the end of Episode VI.

If you know what I mean....

Dan - hoping that's not too confusing

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...

Just been having a read...

Noone got it, and one person linked up the titles of 1-4, 2-5 and deduced that 3 must be something like Return of the Jedi...

It all seems soooo obvious now, doesn't it...?

Star Wars Ep. III, REVENGE OF LUCAS ON HIS LEMMING AUDIENCE.

can't you just read the reviews.

ohh it was the best Star Wars movie ever.

the beginning might be the greatest spectacle ever.

Ian Macgregor deserves an Oscar, he's that good.

The emperor is the best villian in the history of cinema.

I laughed, I cried, it became a part of me.

Ian Macgregor

Who?

Joe, are you trying to satirize people's reaction to the movie?

Sorry, but that's not funny.

yes it is. Especially when its so idiotically wrong.

as for the Ian part, I remember some actual review had misspelled Ewan's name, so I used it.

Noone got it, and one person linked up the titles of 1-4, 2-5 and deduced that 3 must be something like Return of the Jedi...

Didn't I guess it right here?

Neil

Neil

You cheated! :);)

Anyway, holy ancient thread revival! :ola:

Episode III: Best Star Wars movie. Is that idiotic? Then I'm proud of being an idiot.

even you don't beleive its the best of the 6 films with the Star Wars name.

no one on earth can really believe that.

Oh I'm sure there are those who do Joe. Somewhere out there someone thinks its the best.

They must be hunted down and destroyed.

Not to sound pompous but it irks me when people say one is better than the other. I think that if you view the prequels individually as singular movies, you're kind of missing the point, right? I mean it's more enjoyable if you look at it as one long movie.

I think Revenge Of The Sith is the best one of all 6 including having the best title.  So if you don't like my opinion tough shit.

Why are you always so angry?

Neil

The Original trilogy and the Prequels are far to different in style and theme for me be be able to see them as one long film.

OK well in that case can you please not put me down for being able to see them as one long film?

When I make outrageous claims like how the Saga is the greatest piece of art in the past 50 years, then I'm leaving room for you to criticize me. But not here.

Not to sound pompous but it irks me when people say one is better than the other.  I think that if you view the prequels individually as singular movies, you're kind of missing the point, right?  I mean it's more enjoyable if you look at it as one long movie.

Ok depending on what order you go it's either a movie with a great beginning and a suck ass ending or a suck ass beginning and a so so ending with a great middle act.

I view the films as individual parts to a whole tale. However, that doesn't mean that I can't choose which is my favorite. The Lord of the Rings is the same way.

I view the films as individual parts to a whole tale. However, that doesn't mean that I can't choose which is my favorite. The Lord of the Rings is the same way.

Sure but if you look at it that way then Phantom Menace and AOTC never had a chance to begin with. If you watch either one of those two with no surrounding story, then they're pretty bad methinks.

well at least we got an interesting discussion going on.

I don't sit on the fence here, anyone who truly believes that Revenge of the S... is a great movie doesn't know what a great movie truly is. If that offends any of you tough, prove me wrong.

I never said Jaws 2 was a great movie, but it is a great poster, a great score, and it has the best tag line of any sequel. So you need to try a little harder Merkel, because your stuff was weak.

I think it's a great movie, I enjoyed it very much and I'm far from being the only one. I don't have to prove anything.

You guys also regard Superman The Movie to be some sort of masterpiece, so we're really not in same wagon at all. The generation gap could help explain it too.

You guys also regard Superman The Movie to be some sort of masterpiece

thats because it is.

revenge of the sith is also a masterpiece of s...

still it was an improvement over AOTC,

I love the first half of the movie, but there are far too many things wrong in that movie for it to be considered a masterpiece. Reeve is wonderful, though.

because your stuff was weak.

And this coming from the same man who was so brilliant above.

Peio, you shouldn't try to be clever. :)

and I was correct about Jaws 2.

The Original trilogy and the Prequels are far to different in style and theme for me be be able to see them as one long film.
Ok depending on what order you go it's either a movie with a great beginning and a suck ass ending or a suck ass beginning and a so so ending with a great middle act.

You both misread Genuis' post. I believe he was referring to the prequel trilogy.

I think that if you view the prequels individually as singular movies, you're kind of missing the point, right?  I mean it's more enjoyable if you look at it as one long movie.

Anyway, Empire still reigns supreme in my book, closely followed by Star Wars. I haven't figured out yet whether I like Jedi or Sith better. Return of the Jedi is a shitty movie, but at least it has the original characters.

Neil

Whoops...overly quick read, by the look of it...mind you, despite the first one being a joke, we still have to take your first answer, Contestant No.1...

I really hate when newbies bump up very old threads...especially ones that are 4 years old...  ;)

Arrogant Barstard. Get f###ed.

I'll go where I like, when I like, and say what I like. You want to answer in the spirit the bump was intended, do it, otherwise f### off.

What, is "1004" a frigging military rank...? Don't see any credentials anywhere, bud...nothing I should be respecting...

I really hate when newbies bump up very old threads...especially ones that are 4 years old...  ;)

I'll go where I like, when I like, and say what I like. You want to answer in the spirit the bump was intended, do it, otherwise f### off.

What, is "1004" a frigging military rank...? Don't see any credentials anywhere, bud...nothing I should be respecting...

Pipe down, both of you. :P

Superman: The Movie (which I also consider a masterpiece) changes style dramatically throught the movie too. ;)

I know some of these Star Wars movies have some really crappy moments, but damn it, I find it hard to criticise something really harshly after I've paid a lot of money for it on DVD. Maybe I should pick a new hobby.

You both misread Genuis' post. I believe he was referring to the prequel trilogy.

Ok you then have one long crappy film with a decent beginning and average ending.

Sure but if you look at it that way then Phantom Menace and AOTC never had a chance to begin with. If you watch either one of those two with no surrounding story, then they're pretty bad methinks.

I never said that I viewed each without the surrounding story. One of the best things about watching PM now is that you can see the seeds of destruction in Anakin and Palpatine's plan in its enfancy.

:D -Parade of the Ewoks

I really hate when newbies bump up very old threads...especially ones that are 4 years old...  :angry:

Pipe down, both of you. :nono:

Sorry, my bad...

I really hate when newbies bump up very old threads...especially ones that are 4 years old...  :angry:

way to welcome someone to the board, king vosk the all powerful.

Neil

Heh, nice try.

I did.

http://jwfan.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&f...enge+sith#31179