Rank the Star Wars Movies!

Greg1138

From what I have seen.

1) Empire Strikes Back (the most interesting, the best use of music)

2) Return of the Jedi (second best)

3) The Phantom Menace (bad, but at least funny, although childish)

4) A New Hope (the worst of all, but not on the last place out of respect and because it started it all)

5) Attack of the Clones (very bad and humorless, over the top music)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4) A New Hope (the worst of all, but not on the last place out of respect and because it started it all)

LOL

Some mother's do have them.

Eject!

Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones

Phantom Menace

ROTJ and ROTS are very close and could swap positions. The ROTJ duel and space battle are still better than any of the duels or space battles in the prequels, which is what is currently holding it above ROTS for right now.

Jeff

From what I have seen.

1) Empire Strikes Back (the most interesting, the best use of music)

2) Return of the Jedi (second best)

3) The Phantom Menace (bad, but at least funny, although childish)

5) Attack of the Clones (very bad and humorless, over the top music)

oh you and I will get along fine at the MB.

The Empire Strikes Back

Revenge of the Sith

A New Hope

Return of the Jedi

Attack of the Clones

The Phantom Menace

Sith might drop to third once the glow of newness fades, but no lower.

John- who still enjoys them all.

1-The Empire Strikes Back

2-Revenge of the Sith(about tied with ESB right now)

3-Star Wars

4-Return of the Jedi

5-The Phantom Menace(downgraded to 5th after seeing it on TV last night)

6-Attack of the Clones

K.M.

1. Star Wars & The Empire Strikes Back (each have different values to deserve a 1-st place)

2. Return of the Jedi

3. ... (Lucas failed to take 3-rd place with any of the prequels)

4. Revenge of the Sith

5. The Phantom Menace

6. Attack of the Clones

1-The Empire Strikes Back  

2-Revenge of the Sith(about tied with ESB right now)  

3-Star Wars  

KM, I could understand the kids here placing it this way, but as an elder member I figured you wouldn't be so caught up by ROTS.

1. The Empire Strikes Back. (Yes, I know to older members don't agree but this really is the finest film. Luke confronting Vader is easily one of the finest scenes ever to be filmed.)

2. Star Wars. (This one is so close to ESB they could easily be interchanged. However, I've never acctually seen "Star Wars" all I've seen is this silly "Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope" business. So this gets second place.)

3. Return of the Jedi. (Big drop here. While it's entertaining. It's largely a guilty pleasure. I wouldn't put it near as low as our man Neil or Joe however.)

4. Revenge of The Sith. (I'd say ROTJ and ROTS are quite close. Although it does tell you something about comparing the prequels to the OT. The best Prequel isn't as good as the worst Original. Close, but no cigar. ;) )

5. The Phantom Menace. (This film has a few classic moments and the duel is kick butt!)

6. Attack of the Clones. (The less said about this film the better. Action scenes aren't horrid, except for the conveyor belt.)

Justin

If you think in a crazy Star Wars fan, yeah that is me. I adore all the six films, they are a saga to me. It is very dificult for me to chose, is like you have to say if you loe more your father or your mother. When I was a child I used to watch the OT all in a row, and I love the three. They were a big one film for me. Maybe I like one more but it is like I like parts of one of them more than others. For the prequels I distingued the three more altough I love them too. So the six are great for me. I love cinema (I would like to make films) and the six are my six favourites films of all time. ANH is the original. ESB is the more complete (music, emotions, darkness). ROTJ was my favourite when I was a child. I like TPM a lot because it was the first SW movie that I saw it in the release date. AOTC has love, war and Yoda kickin´ ass. ROTS is what all the fans were waiting for (Rising of the Empire, goodbye to the Jedi, the Duel, the births).

These days are sad for me because SW is over and altought I love cinema I know that in the rest of my life I would never have feelings watching a film like I had had watching the SW saga. At least I will have the opportunity of wacth the six on dvd for the rest of my life.

1) Revenge of the Sith (All of it is very good)

2) Return of the Jedi

3) Empire Strikes Back

4) Star Wars

5) Attack of the Clones (best part is the Duel between Yoda and Count Dooku)

6) Phantom Menace (best part is the duel between obi-wan, Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul at the end)

1) Star Wars (Like Raiders, it can stand repeated viewings, and like Raiders, original is best)

2) Empire Strikes Back (It's over saturated - I've seen and heard it too many times, but it's still brilliant)

3) Revenge of the Sith (The last hour is very good)

4) Return of the Jedi (Argh! Ewoks!)

5) The Phantom Menace (Boring Senate scenes and Jar Jar Bink, but the final duel is great)

6) Attack of the Clones (Wooden performances, appallingly bad dialogue and okay action sequences)

1) Revenge of the Sith (All of it is very good)  

umh, no its not, half of its bad, sometimes very bad.

Guys, let the people who enjoyed ROTS enjoy it as they want. Give it a rest already...it's like an obsession. Lots of people loved ROTS, deal with it.

1. StarWars

2. Return Of The Jedi - fond memories of going to the cinema twice and seeing the trailers in the toy stores, etc.

3. Empire Strikes Back - had to wait until the video release in 1985 was it??

4. Revenge of the Sith - best of the digital effects heavy prequels.

5. Caravan of Courage / Battle For Endor

6. Phantom menace & Attack of The Clones - bought the DVD's for the commentary and extras but can't rewatch the movies.

I agree with most of what he wrote. Except for the implied message that RotJ is as great as ESB or SW, and the comparison of DotF with Orff.

1. The Empire Strikes Back and The Revenge of the Sith (I really love them both :fouetaa:)

2. The Return of the Jedi

3. A New Hope

4. The Phantom Menace

5. Attack of the Clones (I think I like one scene in this whole movie)

I must say this:

"Hold me, Anakin! Hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo!"

And you still think that ROTS and TPM are better than ROTJ??

Justin

What does me pointing out one persons opinion mean that it's my opinion?

But yes, I still find those movies better than ROTJ.

Neil

Guys, let the people who enjoyed ROTS enjoy it as they want. Give it a rest already...it's like an obsession. Lots of people loved ROTS, deal with it.

dude, let those of us who have problems with the film point them out, so that the ones who like it understand that its not a perfect movie.

dude, let those of us who have problems with the film point them out, so that the ones who like it understand that its not a perfect movie.

:devil:

Jo - much as though I like the movie - I find it hysterical to think that I would need you to point out it's failings!!!! Being over the age of 5, I am quite capable of figuring them out for myself, thanks!!!

^_^ ROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAO

Greg - who has just checked the title of this thread - yep - it says "Rank the Star Wars Movies".....not "A second review thread".....keep to the topic!

Pardon me chap, cheerio, threads here will evolve or dissolve as they happen to.

Jo - much as though I like the movie - I find it hysterical to think that I would need you to point out it's failings!!!! Being over the age of 5, I am quite capable of figuring them out for myself, thanks!!!  

its Joe btw, and while you may be able to figure it out, it is apparent that quite a few posters here are incapable of doing so.

You dont't accept the OT ones, so why would we?

I think i have heard this before, and we agreed none of us would change...

Anyway, the last review Neil pointed, sorry but the guy has not a clue about how they made SFX nowadays.

Models are still made, real locations are still shot and well i wouldnt mind a few more real sets or clones, but heck the guy just seems to want a creature like the taun taun and rancor in 2005!.

Give me 5 real wookies and the rest CGI than all real touchable ewoks.

Luke, I have no idea what you are arguing about.

(tie)1. The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars

3. Return of the Jedi (when I first saw this, the Emperor electrifying Luke scared me out of my mind. I was 6 at the time)

4. The Phantom Menace ( I feel it was most true to the original trilogy)

5. Revenge of the Sith

6. Attack of the Clones

Star Wars

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

An ellipses indicates a large drop in quality. The first two films are masterpieces, no doubt. Return and Revenge are fun, but greatly flawed movies. Menace and Clones are not to be bothered with. Terrible movies through and through (save a few personal scenes and the lightsaber duel in Menace).

I'm going to break from EVERYONE ELSE HERE and put Jedi first. Keep in mind that I tend to watch movies at a reasonably superficial level, and Jedi was (IMO) just plain fun. I tend to not enjoy tragedies (I hate Shakespere), so this is probably why ESB drops lower in the list than most people would like.

So my list is as follows:

Return of the Jedi

The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars (TIE)

Revenge of the Sith

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones (which I really didn't like at all)

The top four movies were difficult to order. It's very easy to see Jedi and Empire swapping places, as well as Revenge and Star Wars. About the only things I can say with certainty is that Empire is better than Revenge, Jedi is better than Star Wars, all four of those are better than TPM, and all five of those are better than Clones.