Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think "moody" underscore like Be Carefull of Your Friend and Palpatines' Big Pitch have a good chance of ending up in a game,after all they released  similar cues like Palpatine's Seduction,Dialogue with Mace and Going to Utapau.The Death of Dooku also has a good chance of beeing released,beeing a "fit anywhere" action track.

k.M.

One can only hope.

As well as, possibly, the missing bit of "Grievous Travels to Palpatine" and possibly "Yoda Falls". And maybe BotH film version too.

We all ready have the "Yoda Falls" cue. It's mus_rodian_quest_fail from Rage Of The Wookiees....

The film version for BOTH is pretty easy to edit..since the portion from the End Credits is the same..

Should yoda_strikes_2 be in here somewhere? This part is confusing me:

21. YODA STRIKES BACK I

BF2 yoda_strikes_emergency 2:05-2:27

BH Music151 0:24-0:33

BF2 yoda_strikes_emergency 2:38-2:58

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:00-0:11

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:15-end

22. YODA STRIKES BACK II/FINALE

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:51.5-0:56.5

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:01-0:15

DVD 32 2:39-2:40

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:36-0:40:42.5

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:19-0:23.5

BF2 yoda_strikes 0:46-0:51.5

mix OST t13 all

That cue list is a little weird. A few of the tracks overlap by a lot, or just plain repeat. You really have to use your ear, because I wasn't listening very hard one time and ended up with basically a really long loop. :) I think it's the end of Yoda Strikes Back I and the beginning of Yoda Strikes Back II. I just fixed it and made it one track.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before. There's a piece of music in the movie, right before the "Goodbye Old Friend" cue starts (I think it appears as Obi-Wan starts boarding the cruiser), which I'm not able to find. Has this piece been tracked or released anywhere?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before. There's a piece of music in the movie, right before the "Goodbye Old Friend" cue starts (I think it appears as Obi-Wan starts boarding the cruiser), which I'm not able to find. Has this piece been tracked or released anywhere?

The beginning of "Goodbye, Old Friend" has been trimmed and tracked. Thus, the music that underscores Obi-Wan's cruiser's departure is tracked from "Dialogue with Mace" (BF2 dialogue_swimming.mp3 0.08-0.27 and 0.39-0.48). If you are referring to the Battle of Kashyyyk music, Vosk has already made an edit similar to the one in the movie and it's already on at the FTP.

Alright, I'm probably behind... Has any of the music from the Anakin/Palpatine scenes with the new "Sith motif" been released?

nope.a lot of these remaining unreleased cues have this recurring motif.I'm not really sure what to call this motif.It usually plays when Anakin goes weird and talks about his new powers.Maybe it's a pre-suit Vader motif.

k.M.

So how much time have some of you spent on your editing?

I have been considering starting putting together tracks for myself, but it seems like a daunting task.

all it is, is just OT stuff.  

That's strange, isn't it? Perhaps someone at Lucasfilm found out about the unreleased music... Perhaps someone heard the FSM podcast :mrgreen:

all it is, is just OT stuff.  

That's strange, isn't it? Perhaps someone at Lucasfilm found out about the unreleased music... Perhaps someone heard the FSM podcast :|

I doubt it. Maybe Empire At War will have new music. Sometimes patches have new stuff sometimes they don't. The OT music the files were named Han, Falcon, and Mara Jade so it seemed fitting to have just OT music.

I've updated zam.mp3 from Battlefront II. I found more music to it - including the section with Shmi's theme - but the entire theme is mixed with some drums from TPM. Take it or leave it.

Nevermind found out what Region number Germany is.

So if I order an imported copy of Episode III on DVD, one from Amazon.co.uk, it should be the one with no voice echos in the rear channels, right?

Which file contains the music played during the scene where Mace says "I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi"? Going by the cue list, I think it's a few seconds before "Palpatine's Seduction."

Nevermind found out what Region number Germany is.

So if I order an imported copy of Episode III on DVD, one from Amazon.co.uk, it should be the one with no voice echos in the rear channels, right?

If the UK version has a German dub, yes. But I'm not sure it does. Not all R2 DVDs come with the same audio and subtitles.

I've been looking into the cue "Palpatine Instructs Anakin." We all know that some music from "The Birth of the Twins" was tracked to replace parts of the cue (OST t8 being compelling evidence of this), but how much, exactly? All of it. As soon as the camera cuts to Palpatine, cue OST t8 1:37. Now, this comes up about fifteen seconds short. That is because there is music that was cut from the OST, presumably at 2:28. This runs from Palpatine's "Do what must be done" to Anakin's "What about the other Jedi..." and includes a little riff on the love theme. But to complicate things, the rendition of the Emperor's theme runs longer in "Palpatine Instructs Anakin" than in "The Birth of the Twins." "Birth" sounds suspiciously edited in the way the Emperor's theme cuts off, so it's likely this scene was shortened after the recording sessions, but the full version of it ended up being tracked into "Palpatine Instructs Anakin."

I'm not trying to pressure you here - honestly! :mrgreen: - but do you know when there might be a TPM update? Looking through, there doesn't seem to be too much editing up to the end of disc 1 (except "The Flag Parade" and "Anakin Defeats Sebulba"). I'd be interested to see where sqdanger1 from the TPM game fits into all of this...

Just wondering... ROTFLMAO

I've been looking into the cue "Palpatine Instructs Anakin." We all know that some music from "The Birth of the Twins" was tracked to replace parts of the cue (OST t8 being compelling evidence of this), but how much, exactly? All of it. As soon as the camera cuts to Palpatine, cue OST t8 1:37. Now, this comes up about fifteen seconds short. That is because there is music that was cut from the OST, presumably at 2:28. This runs from Palpatine's "Do what must be done" to Anakin's "What about the other Jedi..." and includes a little riff on the love theme. But to complicate things, the rendition of the Emperor's theme runs longer in "Palpatine Instructs Anakin" than in "The Birth of the Twins." "Birth" sounds suspiciously edited in the way the Emperor's theme cuts off, so it's likely this scene was shortened after the recording sessions, but the full version of it ended up being tracked into "Palpatine Instructs Anakin."

Mindblowing.

Complete releases NOW!

My head hurts after reading that. :P

Any possibilities this might come forth in a game? What about that unknown BF2 snippet that has the little motif from "Palpatine's Seduction"? Could that be part of the original cue?

I'm not trying to pressure you here - honestly! :) - but do you know when there might be a TPM update? Looking through, there doesn't seem to be too much editing up to the end of disc 1 (except "The Flag Parade" and "Anakin Defeats Sebulba"). I'd be interested to see where sqdanger1 from the TPM game fits into all of this...

Just wondering... ;)

Sure, I have some time to work on TPM now. And John Takis's theory on sqdanger1 is that it's a "stinger" for a podracer crash.

Any possibilities this might come forth in a game? What about that unknown BF2 snippet that has the little motif from "Palpatine's Seduction"? Could that be part of the original cue?

That is part of "It Can't Be." See the editing list.

3. MOVING THINGS ALONG/ANAKIN'S DARK DEEDS/IT CAN'T BE

OST t10 0:00-3:05.5

BF2 enter_vader 1:18.5-1:22

OST t10 3:05.5-end

mix OST t10 0:00-2:14.5

crossfade BF2 can't_be 1:27.5-2:10.5

OST t10 2:15.5-3:32

BF2 can't_be 1:10-1:17.5

OST t10 3:32-end

----------------------------

Are the ones in bold supposed to be all OST 10? When I put it together a little while ago, it sounded weird. On a previous update of the RotS stuff it had OST 11 all. So I'm like really confused right now. Thanks to anyone who may be able to help.

The right cue list is:

3. MOVING THINGS ALONG/ANAKIN'S DARK DEEDS/IT CAN'T BE

OST t11 0:00-3:05.5

BF2 enter_vader 1:18.5-1:22

OST t11 3:05.5-end

mix OST t10 0:00-2:14.5

crossfade BF2 can't_be 1:27.5-2:10.5

OST t10 2:15.5-3:32

BF2 can't_be 1:10-1:17.5

OST t10 3:32-end

Thanks. Track list is corrected.

I've uploaded a new file to the Battlefront II directory, audience_mysteries_army.mp3. This is the full version of what we started to hear in the Kashyyyk trailer (now deleted). It has some music from "Audience with Taun We," mixed with TPM drums again. Then there is a segment from OST t8 with additional instrumentation. This appears, again, to be from the film mix, as there is a looped measure.

Is it just me, or does the edit list for "Goodbye Old Friend I" seem a litte wonky? It cuts off the force theme.

Did anyone put together full edits of the complete music? Like is there a track for all the space battle music with all the unreleased stuff added in or all the duel music with that unreleased stuff and so on?

I can't edit music on my computer so I was wondering if someone could help me out getting this music.

Well, is it illegal when you already have the pieces but you just need it edited together?

(I'm sorry, I've been hanging out at MF.com for too long, bleh, the things that place does to you...*sigh*)

Can someone help me learn to edit music then? I work on a mac btw.

Is it just me, or does the edit list for "Goodbye Old Friend I" seem a litte wonky? It cuts off the force theme.

No, actually. I usually cut ~ 1 second before and after the stated time, and I shave the excess off when I assemble the cue. But for GBOF, it cuts off the force theme even still. Unless there's a new version, though my mp3 says it is from after the FT.P file was uploaded.

And I know, I'm sorry for trying to look for technicalities in getting uploaded tracks. Excuse the MF.com in me. I'll just try editing my own.

This isn't really about legality. The whole operation is illegal. I simply don't offer edited tracks because I'm not a perfect or even professional editor, nor is Lordskylark. Because of the difference of sources and crossfading in the videogame cues, it is difficult to get these edits to sound good.

It's about the Emperor's theme in RotS.A few variations were recorded and tracked all over the place.In what cues does it originally belong?

I believe the Emperor's theme is actually a part of the following cues:

- "Palpatine's Seduction" (when Anakin deactivates his lightsaber)

- "I Am the Senate" (not used in the film)

- "Palpatine Instructs Anakin" (only in the first section, where Palpatine entices Anakin to join the dark side)

- "Moving Things Along" (the beginning of the Senate scene)

- "Anakin Crawling" (the arrival of Sidious's shuttle)

- "The Birth of the Twins" (landing on Coruscant - cut short in the film)

It is tracked into "Council Meeting" (where the Jedi Masters land at the troop platform) and "Palpatine Instructs Anakin" (when Palpatine dons his robe).