Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

True. Hopefully not too many, though. As far as I'm aware, all the other material we have is accounted for, but I could be mistaken.

Side note, but I must say, I really wonder what the score for "Palpatine's TV Set" looked like. ;)

Ha, I know man! It's easy to be ungrateful and feel a little disappointed but what there is available is just amazing .....it doesn't stop me wanting to see the rest though!! ;)

Another cue from Ep1 is 6M5 Droid Battle.

This picture isn't mine, I think I got it from the Star Wars in concert thread.

6m5droidbattle.png

So we have -

1M7 Introducing Jar jar

3M6 The Sith Spacecraft

3M10 ?? (Jabba Introduction/Start Your Engine)

3M11 The Race Begins

4M2 Anakin Defeats Sebulba

5M4+5 The Chosen One

6M5 Droid Battle

6M7 The Great Duel

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And let's not forget that an insert or alternate beginning was recorded for ROTS's 7M7, "A Home for the Twins." The album version doesn't contain any microedits - the film version is expanded.

i still don't buy that

The sheet music shows it.

Gene-Wilder---Willy-Wonka-the-Chocolate-Factory-Photograph-C10103080.jpeg

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!

Well, possessing copies of original manuscripts is illegal. But supposing some board members saw some sheet music in the hands of somebody else and couldn't help but memorize it on sight, you could suppose that MIDI mock-ups of some cues might be on the way. There are a few surprises to be found.

But supposing some board members saw some sheet music in the hands of somebody else and couldn't help but memorize it on sight, you could suppose that MIDI mock-ups of some cues might be on the way.

That's exactly what I did with this small piece, it's not very long so it wasn't difficult to memorize ;)

I've already sent it to a couple of people through a PM and still had few more I wanted to send it to including yourself Henry but I guess it should be ok to post here as it is homemade after all.

The track 'Goodbye, Old Friend' is missing 2 bars at the start, so here is a link for a version I made of those missing 2 bars -

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bvwhjc

pass: jwfan

The final timpani hit in my piece should go underneath the start of the actual proper track , I done it this way to try and make it sound a little more organic.

It's not perfect by any means but I think it makes a difference and it certainly gives a decent idea of how the piece should sound until the real thing surfaces.

And...well, heck, in the interest of providing options for our fellow editors, here's another attempt at mimicking those missing bars.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FMYS2K75

I initially was doing it in Finale, but I realized I could probably get better results just by taking notes from elsewhere in the recordings with identical orchestration. So I mashed up some cello/bass octave doublings from elsewhere in the score so that they hit the right pitches in the right rhythm, and then I overlaid a stock timpani roll sound effect on it. (It happened to be the right note already...creepy!) The results aren't perfect, but I'm pretty happy with them.

This is an assumed cue list by trying to arrange the official cue titles which appeared in one of the games (not all tracks appeared in the game, and thus there were more cues). This is someone's presumed list of cue division and not meant to be official. The title names appearing on the list are official. The cue number of "6M7 The Great Duel" is the only one that can be confirmed as matching with a proper number as this appeared in one of the Episode I bonus videos.

1m? Star Wars (Main Title)

1m? The Arrival

1m? Gas Leak

1m? Droid Fight

1m? Queen Amidala

1m? The Droid Invasion

1m? Introducing Jar Jar

1m? Bubble World

1m? Gone Fishin'

2m? Darth Sidious

2m? Tentacles

2m? Theed Palace Arrival

2m? You're Under Arrest

2m? Escape from Naboo

2m? Intro Darth Maul

2m? Arrival at Tatooine

2m? [Title Unknown]

2m? [Title Unknown]

3m? Running Out of Time

3m? [Title Unknown]

3m? Talk of Podracing

3m? Watto's Deal

3m? Kids at Play

3m? [Title Unknown]

3m? The Sith Spacecraft

3m? [Title Unknown]

3m? Flag Parade

3m? Jabba Introduction

3m? Start Your Engine (unused)

3m? The Race Begins

4m? Anakin Defeats Sebulba

4m? Anakin's Great Victory

4m? Anakin Is Free

4m? Darth and Qui-Gon

4m? Coruscant Arrival

4m? Queen and Palpatine

5m? High Council Meeting

5m? The Senate

5m? Anakin's Test

5m? He Is the Chosen One

5m? [Title Unknown]

5m? Naboo Temple

5m? The Gungans

5m? War Plans

6m? Forest Mist

6m? The Armies Face Off

6m? Moving Forward

6m? Take To Your Ships

6m? Laser Fight March

6m? Anakin Takes Off

6m? The Big Army

6m? The Droid Battle

6m? Up the Wire

6m7 The Great Duel

6m? Crash Landing

6m? Qui-Gon's Noble End

6m? Battleship Destroyed

6m? The End of Darth Maul

7m? [Title Unknown]

7m? Qui-Gon's Funeral

7m? Augie's Great Municipal Band

7m? End Title

7m? End Title Part II

This is the cue list I go by. I'm curious to know what 'Forest Mist is'. I thought it was the unused "Gungans-March-but-actually-is-The-Tanks-Attack" piece that got replaced with "Drums Insert" and the ending of "Queen Amidala". But that doesn't add up as "The Armies Face Off" appears to include that entire piece. I checked BF2's "Armies Face Off" track, and it definitely is faded in. Same with the Album Track 14 when Armies Face Off kicks in (although it's harder to tell with the Drums Instert ending over the top of it).

The way I see it - "Take To Your Ships" could be 6m3a and "Laser Fight March" as 6m3b. We can pretty much accurately place where each reel beings with that list.

If we have 1m7 placed, it is safe to assume that we have all of reel 1 as follows:

1m1 Star Wars (Main Title)

1m2 The Arrival

1m3 Gas Leak

1m4 Droid Fight

1m5 Queen Amidala

1m6 The Droid Invasion

1m7 Introducing Jar Jar

1m8 Bubble World

1m9 Gone Fishin'

And...well, heck, in the interest of providing options for our fellow editors, here's another attempt at mimicking those missing bars.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FMYS2K75

I initially was doing it in Finale, but I realized I could probably get better results just by taking notes from elsewhere in the recordings with identical orchestration. So I mashed up some cello/bass octave doublings from elsewhere in the score so that they hit the right pitches in the right rhythm, and then I overlaid a stock timpani roll sound effect on it. (It happened to be the right note already...creepy!) The results aren't perfect, but I'm pretty happy with them.

Cool!

I have a whole pile of official cue titles for Clones which I'll post as soon as I'm able. As is typical for Williams, there are the usual The Something Scene titles in there!

Incidentally, that misspelled ROTS cue should be Obi Faces Droids.

"Obi Faces Droids" or "Obi-wan Faces Droids"? (I'm editing the cue as we speak...wanna get the title right!)

Does this mean you have a different cue list for ROTS as well? Or...gasp...sheet music for that particular cue? I'm wondering right now if the first chord in the film version is not right...it sounds like they changed the pitch of it, and there seems to be an edit going into the second chord. I tried pitch-correcting the other five chords, but none of them have quite the same voicing as the first one, which leads me to believe the full cue is longer. Bah, I hate not knowing! :lol:

"Obi Faces Droids" or "Obi-wan Faces Droids"? (I'm editing the cue as we speak...wanna get the title right!)

Does this mean you have a different cue list for ROTS as well? Or...gasp...sheet music for that particular cue? I'm wondering right now if the first chord in the film version is not right...it sounds like they changed the pitch of it, and there seems to be an edit going into the second chord. I tried pitch-correcting the other five chords, but none of them have quite the same voicing as the first one, which leads me to believe the full cue is longer. Bah, I hate not knowing! :lol:

Definitely Obi Faces Droids on the list I have - odd but true! No sheet music I'm afraid.

I've just found some extra Phantom Menace stuff too - War Plans appears to be Promoting Jar Jar (ugh).

Is it true that the Opening Star Wars Theme for Revenge Of The Sith, is a recording from Attack of the Clones or Phantom Menace?

As far as I'm aware, the main title that was recorded for TPM was just re-used for AOTC and ROTS instead of recording new ones.

Ah I see. Thankyou for clearing that up for me.

Random Clones cue titles:

Thwarted Attempt

The Meeting of Anakin and Padme

Palpatine's Plotting

The Library Scene

Approaching Naboo Palace

Visiting the Prime Minister

Carrying Mother Home

Anakin Changes

Shmi's Funeral

The Commerce Guild Prepares for War

Dooku Talks to Obi-Wan

The Senate Scene

The Conveyor Belt

Padme Falls

Dooku Versus Obi-Wan

Yoda Strikes Back

Finale

I'll break down some of these cue titles to what I can guess we have called them:

Thwarted Attempt - Ambush on Coruscant

The Meeting of Anakin and Padme - Unrequieted Love

Palpatine's Plotting

The Library Scene - The Jedi Archives

Approaching Naboo Palace

Visiting the Prime Minister

Carrying Mother Home - The Homestead

Anakin Changes - The Dark Side Takes Root

Shmi's Funeral

The Commerce Guild Prepares for War - Message from Obi-Wan?

Dooku Talks to Obi-Wan - I believe in the film this is tracked material, pulled from Arrival at Coruscant and War Plans from TPM, and Conveyor Belt to end it.

The Senate Scene - New Authority

The Conveyor Belt - as if I need to say! Does this piece also include the 'Captured' segment though?

Padme Falls - Going After Dooku

Dooku Versus Obi-Wan - Confrontation with Count Dooku (which would mean it's two cues, not one)

Yoda Strikes Back

Finale

Dooku Versus Obi-Wan - Confrontation with Count Dooku (which would mean it's two cues, not one)

I'm pretty sure it's one entire cue, not two.

Visiting the Prime Minister <----That one maybe "Audience With Lama Su".

But the Confrontation piece covers Dooku vs Obi-Wan and Dooku vs Anakin. Unless there's an original piece that got taken out, or that was tracked in? We don't have the full original piece, after all (the closest I've heard it is in Bounty Hunter but it's all spliced together there)

We have most of it (minus the statement of the love theme) thanks to Battlefront 2, TFU and that file you found for the beginning part. I sent you my edit of the cue and I don't think there's unused material. I of course could be wrong but we'll never know for certain unless the real intended edition is released.

Some details have surfaced about The Force Unleashed II:

Apparently the Secret apprentice has been cloned and Kamino is featured in the game. Dagobah is also going to be featured.

So, we could get some unreleased AOTC stuff.

Some details have surfaced about The Force Unleashed II:

Apparently the Secret apprentice has been cloned and Kamino is featured in the game. Dagobah is also going to be featured.

So, we could get some unreleased AOTC stuff.

Interesting plot point...and I agree we could get some more unreleased AOTC stuff. Looking forward to the game, I've got it on Pre-Order.

maybe Yoda's Departure from RotS ? one can hope

That would be nice too.

I noticed in the cut scenes for TFU there's quite a bit of unreleased ROTS music that hasn't surfaced yet. I wish those cut scenes would appear as just music as well...would be very helpful.

I'd definitely like to hear Yoda's departures from Kashyyyk and Coruscant, but I might be more interested in obtaining the unused segment of "Get 'Em R-2!" that hasn't surfaced in any of the games or anything.

That's interesting, although

aside from ancient Jedi cloning technology found by Darth Vader at the Jedi Encloave on Dantooine, the only possessors of cloning technology during the Galactic Civil War were in the employ of the Empire. The Kaminoan facilities continued to create Fett clones for the stormtrooper corps, and all other civilizations' cloning programs were confiscated or destroyed by the Empire. Some Kaminoans rebel against the Empire with their own clones, though they are defeated, and the Rebellion never gets its hands on the technology. Not even after the Battle of Endor does does the New Republic get clones, though Palpatine's cloning program and Thrawn's later endeavors continue.

So it goes without saying that Galen Marek will be cloned by the Empire, since they have access to the cloning facilities and DNA samples from which to create the new body. That means that either he begins the game as a dark side character and gradually becomes good like in the first, or his spirit or some other light side Jedi encounters him after cloning, and he splits from the Empire at that point.

Either way, it should be a goodie.

Close enough:

Vader cloned Starkiller to get a more obediant apprentice but during scientific experiments Galen's memories emerge in the clone.

I really hope for some unreleased music.

Close enough:

Vader cloned Starkiller to get a more obediant apprentice but during scientific experiments Galen's memories emerge in the clone.

I really hope for some unreleased music.

Surely, there will be a little more unreleased music, because in last years we have get more unreleased stuff, especially from ROTS. Really, I hope there is unreleased stuff from AOTC.

Dooku Talks to Obi-Wan - I believe in the film this is tracked material, pulled from Arrival at Coruscant and War Plans from TPM, and Conveyor Belt to end it.

It did have tracked music from TPM yes, but it's very possible that perhaps there was original music there but it was dropped in favor of tracked music instead.

The Conveyor Belt - as if I need to say! Does this piece also include the 'Captured' segment though?

Probably not, they're definitely separate cues.

"Palpatine's Plotting"

---I was thinking this most likely the music that plays after "Chase Through Coruscant" for the scene with Anakin and Palpatine. Or it could also be "The Council's Confer".

"The Commerce Guild Prepares for War"

---I would suspect this one would be the scene "This Is A Crisis".

"Approaching Naboo Palace"

---I would think that this would be "Theed Royal Counsel".

I just made an interesting discovery. Perhaps this is already known and I just missed it, but "Padme's Funeral" is looped quite a bit in the film. There should only be four bars of brass stuff before the funeral theme comes in. The first bar and the last three bars of that passage in the film are correct; you just have to get rid of everything in between. I'm actually kinda sad about this...I really like having that passage be longer. But I'm committed to my edit reflecting the way the score was originally supposed to sound to as close a degree as possible.

So the Across the Stars music video has a cue just after Anakin slices the Tusken Raider that was never in the film nor any of the soundtracks. Is it true that it was meant to be part of the original piece composed by Williams for the end of AOTC?

That's the consensus, because it goes right into the Love Theme portion of the finale, and we know the Imperial March part was late replacement.

Also, welcome to the boards! :)

Thanks for the welcome. Actually I'm not really sad that it hasn't surfaced in some video game yet. I'm sorta hoping it never does so that the one day when we finally get our AOTC complete recordings, we'll have something to look forward to on disc 2. ;)

Haha, that's true, too...

But then, of course, we all know exactly how much music must be missing when a Star Wars soundtrack claims to contain every second of music recorded, right? ;)

Well my AOTC Complete Recordings dream has everything on it without Ultimate Editioning us.

Speaking of which, in the 80s cartoon Droids, did they use some sort of alternate track originally composed for Max Rebo Jabbas Palace in ROTJ? I've heard something called "Doodniks Cafe" and wondered if that was original material for the cartoon or something they took from the master tracks?

Anyways I think its high time Joseph Williams gets some people together to re-record some of that lost Max Rebo music. Can we start a fundraiser and send the man instructions? lol

EDIT: Though I suppose that hasn't much to do with prequel trilogy music.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm confused. There's that handwritten score for TPM's "The Arrival at Naboo" floating around...but it contains the music that plays during the arrival at Coruscant. Do we know if this was a case of the music being tracked into a different scene in the film or if the cue is simply misnamed?

Oh yeah, that's right...that's so weird! Does anyone know the story behind this? I mean, it doesn't look quite like other manuscripts, anyway...it doesn't have the cue number, and some other formatting things are just a little...off.

I've had a little contact with the orchestrator, Larry Rench, so I could ask him, but I'd rather not bother him except when I really need to know something.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a thought about TPM's Battle of Naboo scene. The "Alternate" Gungans March (Called "Drums Insert" in some lists) might actually have meant to be used, and it could be the cue "Forest Mist". It might make sense if the scene order was to go thus:

Padme plans for war (War Plans)

The Gungans March (Drums Insert cue, possibly actually Forest Mist)

Sidious gives the order, Trade Federation Approaches the Plains (The Armies Face Off)

Wait, why was the Imperial March a last minute replacement? After all, it was written and recorded by Williams, wasn't it? It's not like it was tracked in.

I just would like to hear the unedited end credits.