Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oy, that's so...old school, though! :D Boards are supposed to have built-in functionality for this...

The old board had an archive function, but this one doesn't. I've been going through and copy/pasting my old PMs into a draft email in gmail then deleting them to free up space.

Quick curious question - has anybody tried wave neutralization with The Phantom Menace? It'd be nice to have the film without the music to see how the Battle of Naboo matches up without having to rebuild the SFX field from scratch.

But even if the timing was exactly the same, they still did volume adjustments and EQing to the music. I don't think it'd work

Yeah - I mean, even if the two signals are so much as compressed slightly differently, it'll leave auditory residue. I've even had cases where the same cue is on a CD twice, once with a clean ending and once mixed with something else, and they didn't quite cancel each other out as well as they should have.

Maybe I'll give it a shot one of these days, but I highly doubt it would work. You'd have to get the mix between the channels just right, and even then, that might not do it.

Has anyone with good editing skills made their own version of the ROTS End Credits?

I had a crack, but I'm still trying to figure out Wavepad.

I wanted something along the lines of this:

A New Hope (Original Finale from ROTS)

Star Wars Theme (As is)

Princess Leia's Theme (As is)

Battle of the Heroes (As is)

Luke and Leia

Anakin's Theme

Imperial March (with Emperor's Theme interlude)

Duel of the Fates

Luke's Theme (Original Ending of ROTS Credits)

Is something like this even do-able, or should I just call John Williams to compose my ideal ROTS End Credits suite?

At any rate, this is how I wish the ROTS Credits had been scored instead of the meaningless (albeit nice) reprisal of the Throne Room music.

Has anyone with good editing skills made their own version of the ROTS End Credits?

Yeah, I did this. My criteria were that the the edit had to (a) make MUSICAL sense, and (b) be faithful to the tone of the film. First, I replaced the latter part of the main Star Wars theme with the one from TPM's end credits, because it ends on a note that let me segue smoothly into "Lament" (as opposed to "Duel of the Fates"). Then, at 1:07, "Lament" merges into "Anakin's Dark Deeds" (beginning at 0:34). It's the same note, and the chorus is continuous, so it sounds very smooth -- almost as if it was recorded that way. I honestly love this transition. At 2:13, I skip ahead to 3:53 for the final note. THAT note, in turn, is the same note that opens the concert version of "Battle of the Heroes," which is what comes next.

Oh wow, John that sounds brilliant and much less nostalgia-based than mine. Any chance I could have a listen?

Oh wow, John that sounds brilliant and much less nostalgia-based than mine. Any chance I could have a listen?

Hi MattyO,

I try not to spread custom edits around, even of released material. I prefer to post "do-it-yourself" guides so that folks can legally make their own. (Also, PM is really the more appropriate venue for such questions.) I do appreciate your interest. My goal was, indeed, to avoid anything "nostalgia based," as I felt Williams' own recording unquestionably was.

-- John

Sorry John, after I posted I thought I should have sent you an IM instead. I like your edit, I'm still going to have a go at assembling my own though. Thanks.

I have some noob questions regarding the prequel scores. When we say we want the intended versions of the prequels released, does that mean the recording sessions? If so, does anyone have the list of recorded cues for Episode I and II - I've just looked at the one for III.

I have some noob questions regarding the prequel scores. When we say we want the intended versions of the prequels released, does that mean the recording sessions? If so, does anyone have the list of recorded cues for Episode I and II - I've just looked at the one for III.

To answer your first question yes when we saw we want the intended versions, we want the original recording sessions (final version) on how the music was recorded. Well before it was chopped up in the editing room.

There's a partial list for The Phantom Menace, but nothing Attack Of The Clones and we have all the cues for Revenge Of The Sith.

Here's the list for Revenge Of The Sith

20th Century Fox Fanfare

Star Wars Main Title

Boys Into Battle

They're Coming Around

Get 'Em, R2!

General Grievous / The Elevator Scene

Count Dooku's Entrance

The Death Of Dooku

Grievous and The Droids

Another Happy Landing

Revisiting Padmé

Grievous Travels To Palpatine

Scenes and Dreams

Be Careful Of Your Friend

Council Meeting

Hold Me

Palpatine's TV Set

Palpatine's Big Pitch

Goodbye, Old Friend

Going To Utapau

Obi-Wan Fights Droids

Drawing Swords

Good Guys Arrive

Palpatine's Seduction

Rolling With Grievous

Fighting With Grievous

Dialogue With Mace

Padmé's Ruminations

I Am The Senate

Palpatine Instructs Anakin

Lament

Bail's Escape

Swimming, Droids, Yoda Farewell

News Of The Attack

Moving Things Along

Anakin's Dark Deeds

It Can't Be

A Moody Trip

Padmé's Visit

Heroes Collide

Duel Of Yoda and Sidious

Yoda Falls

The Boys Continue

Yoda To Exile

Revenge Of The Sith

The Immolation Scene

Anakin Crawling

Birth Of The Twins

Death Of Padmé

Plans For The Twins

Padmé's Funeral

A Home For The Twins

End Credits

A Hero Falls (Concert Suite)

Edit: For The Phantom Menace list I did my best to fill in the missing gaps that were there.

20th Century Fox Fanfare

Star Wars Main Title

The Arrival

Gas Leak

Droid Fight

Queen Amidala

The Droid Invasion

Introducing Jar Jar

Bubble World

Gone Fishin'

Darth Sidious

Tentacles

Theed Palace Arival

You're Under Arrest

Escape From Naboo

Intro Darth Maul

Arrival At Tatooine

Padmé Meets Anakin

Run-In With Sebulba

Introducing Threepio

Running Out Of Time

Talk Of Podracing

Watto's Deal

Kids At Play

Midi-Chlorian Count

The Sith Spacecraft

Roll Of The Die

The Flag Parade

Jabba Introduction

The Race Begins

Lap Three(speculation)

Anakin Defeats Sebulba

Anakin's Great Victory

Anakin Is Free

Darth and Qui-Gon

Coruscant Arrival

The Queen and Palpatine

High Council Meeting

The Senate

Anakin's Test

He Is The Chosen One

Conferring With Sidious

Moving Forward

The Gungans

War Plans

The Armies Face Off

Courtyard Crossfire

Laser Fight March

Get To Your Ships

The Big Army

Anakin Takes Off (I'm sure that was a separate cue)

The Droid Battle

Up The Wire

The Great Duel

The Invisible Wall (possibly recorded as a separate cue)

Crash Landing

Qui-Gon's Noble End

Battleship Destroyed

The Death Of Darth Maul

A Jedi He Will Be

Qui-Gon's Funeral

Augie's Great Municipal Band

End Credits (containing unused parts)

Duel Of The Fates

Anakin's Theme

Unknown Tremolo Swell

Street Band Of Mos Espa (Source)

Desert Winds (Source)

Mos Espa Arena Band (Source)

The Street Singer (Source)

It seems so condensed compared to the mess of the scores in the films. It would be so easy for Lucasfilm to release this music.

Courtyard Crossfire

Laser Fight March

I always thought of those two cues as actually being one. It could be that there's never been a released clean ending for it though (I know there's one in Obi-Wan but that's just reverb - I could do the same with my sound card)

End Credits (containing unused parts)

I always thought that there were two different end credits recordings. But beyond that, there's two different versions of the one that was actually used - the one used in the Album/Ultimate Edition is slightly different in its orchestration to the one used in the film. In fact, the one in the film, save for the end few notes, is exactly the same as the AOTC End Credits, so it wouldn't surprise me if they recorded some overlays for that take. The unused recording (allegedly "7m? End Title Part II (unused)") is just taken straight from the Throne Room/End Credits suite.

It's the same as the End Credits portion of the Throne Room suite. That 'variation' is always used in the Throne Room suite, and in the Main Titles suite too.

EDIT: Just noticed we have the clean ending to "Shmi's Funeral - Crisis on Geonosis". It's in Elite Squadron but there's two problems with the file. 1 - the channels are flipped. 2 - you'll need to re-save the entire file as it's cut short a bit but the entirety of the final chord is buried in there despite the apparent fade-out (you might try to ay it's reverb caused my my new mastering technique but there's never been any reverb on any of the other cues - just this one has the final chord 'hidden'). I'd suggest opening it in a program such as Adobe Soundbooth and re-saving it there. Otherwise it picks up exactly where the TFU part leaves off.

This is what you replied to mine. :devil:

not straight, that princess leias theme variation is refreshing.

The Unused End Credits, found in Republic Commando, Renegade and Elite Squadron, and a couple of other games, come straight from that concert suite. You're probably thinking of the Episode III End Credits.

The only difference I can notice is the way the flutes play in the lead up to the crescendo. Then again, I'm sure I've heard that done in a concert suite for the Main Titles somewhere...

It seems I was right about the AotC credits being the TPM End Credits with an overlayed ending. To get rid of the end of the TPM cue they just removed it and added a looped measure from before, then added an overlay.

Speaking of the TPM End Credits, I'm wondering if there's more to the End Credits recording that was used.

Trent speculates that there's a "Lap Three" cue. I don't think so. I think it goes with "The Race Begins" as shown in the video game Racer Revenge.It seems a more natural fit that way and I layered it against the film. The orchestrations mostly fit from where Anakin manages to get his engines to start, up to the part where Sebulba rams that three-eyed guy off the the track. But they could have changed that scene afterwards because the next part doesn't fit very well.

As I said above, but probably it went unnoticed because it was an edit to my post, I now have almost all of the ending to "Shmi's Funeral - Crisis on Geonosis". There's material in Elite Squadron that segues directly into the bit we have from TFU. I'll send the corrected file along if anybody wants it.

But princess leia's theme is reorchestrated in a way i had never heard before or after!

Manuel, listen to "Throne Room/End Title." It's the original end credits from Star Wars, simple as that. :)

Trent speculates that there's a "Lap Three" cue. I don't think so. I think it goes with "The Race Begins" as shown in the video game Racer Revenge.It seems a more natural fit that way and I layered it against the film. The orchestrations mostly fit from where Anakin manages to get his engines to start, up to the part where Sebulba rams that three-eyed guy off the the track. But they could have changed that scene afterwards because the next part doesn't fit very well.

I think Trent is probably right and there's a good chance it's cue 4M1.

Below are the written cues I've looked over and the 'Lap 3' music is not part of 'The Race Begins' like I previously mentioned ...unless of course it was written later as an insert.

3M10 ??(Jabba Introduction/Start Your Engine)

3M11 The Race Begins

4M2 Anakin Defeats Sebulba

I heard "Jabba Introduction" and "Start Your Engine" were two different cues.

So if that is the case, what we have as "The Race Begins" could be "Start Your Engine" and what some people have as "Lap Three" (me personally I added it to the end of The Reace Begins) might be "The Race Begins".

But this is based on an older cue list that doesn't have the complete slate numbers. It also claims "The Armies Face Off" is separate from "Forest Mist" (the oiginal "Gungans' March" bit replaced by the Drums Insert)

Is it true that the Opening Star Wars Theme for Revenge Of The Sith, is a recording from Attack of the Clones or Phantom Menace?

As far as I'm aware, the main title that was recorded for TPM was just re-used for AOTC and ROTS instead of recording new ones.

It's not man, it's one cue - 3M10

So if that is the case, what we have as "The Race Begins" could be "Start Your Engine" and what some people have as "Lap Three" (me personally I added it to the end of The Reace Begins) might be "The Race Begins".

The Race Begins is just 3M11 The Race Begins and like I keep saying, the Lap 3 music is not part of that particular written cue, it may of been added later as an insert or something but it was not part of the original cue.

I believe it's how Trent has it and there's a good chance it's 4M1.

How does 3M10 end?

How does 3M11 begin?

There are three distinct pieces in this sequence:

The Jabba intro (OST T9 0:00-1:39).

The string tremelo/low brass pulses (OST T9 1:39-1:58)

The fast-paced string/high woodwind dominated action cue (OST T9 1:58-2:27)

Can you give any indication of how these fit in the written score?

The Race Begins is just 3M11 The Race Begins and like I keep saying, the Lap 3 music is not part of that particular written cue, it may of been added later as an insert or something but it was not part of the original cue.

I've always suspected that the supposed 'Lap Three' piece is an alternate 'Race Begins'.

Also, we have distinct confusion being caused by the introduction of fan-created cue titles! I know that 'Jabba Introduction', 'Start Your Engine', 'Race Begins', 'Anakin Defeats Sebulba' and 'Anakin's Great Victory' are all genuine, but things like 'Courtyard Crossfire' are not. Can we perhaps assemble a definitive list (with the aid of the printed scores if available)?

How does 3M10 end?

Hi Jim, in the OST version (Track 9: 0:00 - 1:38), the cue obviously segues into the next cue but the UE version has the proper clean ending for it which is basically just the drum roll that plays out (2 side drums + field drum).

How does 3M11 begin?

Almost the same as on the OST (Track 9: 1:38 - 2:27) but the cue is missing the first bar, the brass chords and strings trills that you hear at the start this cue on the OST are from bar 2, the first bar may be there but is just mixed way down, so I consider it to be missing.

The UE version does have this missing bar but it's heavily edited. It was mentioned on here though by ggctuk that by using the AOTC dvd you can get a rip of the missing bar, I think he said from the Arena scene.

There are three distinct pieces in this sequence:

The Jabba intro (OST T9 0:00-1:39).

The string tremelo/low brass pulses (OST T9 1:39-1:58)

The fast-paced string/high woodwind dominated action cue (OST T9 1:58-2:27)

Can you give any indication of how these fit in the written score?

With regards to the written score, the OST is split up as follows:

3M10 ?? (Jabba Introduction/Start Your Engine)

0:00 - 1:38

3M11 The Race Begins

1:38 - 2:27 (1:38 - 1:58, maybe it's meant to be split from the remaining music up until 2:27 but it's still part of 3M11)

2:27 - end

(the cymbal you hear at the start of this cue is not in the written score, it was possibly added on the scoring stage or later artificially, I think there are one or two more cymbal hits added that are also not on the written score)

I've always suspected that the supposed 'Lap Three' piece is an alternate 'Race Begins'.

Interesting man, I hadn't even considered that option, I do like the idea though that this could be 4M1.

(Timings may differ by a second or so due to the method of playback I suppose)

Can we perhaps assemble a definitive list (with the aid of the printed scores if available)?

The only ones I have looked at are:

1M7 Introducing Jar jar

3M6 The Sith Spacecraft (I haven't looked at this one but a friend of mine gave me the slate number)

3M10 ?? (Jabba Introduction/Start Your Engine)

3M11 The Race Begins

5M4+5 The Chosen One

I just want to say that while I don't participate in editing the PT music, I love reading through this thread. I usually learn something new and there's something just sort of comforting about just how obsessive you guys are with this stuff, and I mean no disrespect. I'm just very entertained with the thread is all I'm really saying.

You've misinterpreted what I'm saying. No, what I mean is this:

The material in the Album, Track 09, from start to 1:36 is "Jabba Introduction". From there, it's "Start Your Engine" to 2:27. The Race Begins is that partially unreleased piece, the end bit which is in the Ultimate Edition Disc 1, Track 33, from 1:43 to the end.

If Anakin Defeats Sebulba is 4M2, what's 4M1, I wonder? If it IS that piece, I still believe it goes where I put it. I cannot find a single place elsewhere to put it. I doubt it starts Lap Three. Then again, it could also have been used to score a scene that got canned in the re-edit Lucas made.

You've misinterpreted what I'm saying. No, what I mean is this:

The material in the Album, Track 09, from start to 1:36 is "Jabba Introduction". From there, it's "Start Your Engine" to 2:27. The Race Begins is that partially unreleased piece, the end bit which is in the Ultimate Edition Disc 1, Track 33, from 1:43 to the end.

Although Jabba Introduction and Start Your Engine are in a sense two different things, they are both part of 3M10, both of them.

Unfortunately, the title was cropped off the score I looked at but it still says 3M10.

The Race Begins is not that partially unreleased piece, it is not on the written score.

I'm not saying it couldn't of been added later as an insert or something ....but it is not part of the written cue 3M11 The Race Begins, it just isn't.

If Anakin Defeats Sebulba is 4M2, what's 4M1, I wonder? If it IS that piece, I still believe it goes where I put it. I cannot find a single place elsewhere to put it. I doubt it starts Lap Three. Then again, it could also have been used to score a scene that got canned in the re-edit Lucas made.

Exactly, with the amount of tinkering that went on with the film, I imagine there'll be some parts that will be almost impossible for us to truly figure out.

For now, I'm going with Lap 3 as 4M1 unless like Jim W says, it could possibly be an alternate 'Race Begins'.

Okay fellas I finally went through the PC rips for TFU and made a list of just the important stuff. There was some stuff from The Phantom Menace U.E. that I really didn't include. I also deleted the PS2 rips that the guy did when he made the PC rips, simply because there was no need for duplicates. Then I just numbered the PC rips accordingly.

008 - PC_mxGUI_jwStatsAct1_lp_01

ROTS - Moving Things Along (Film Version)

011 - PC_mxGUI_jwStatsAct1Evil_lp

TPM - Bubble World

TFU - ?

014 - PC_mxGUI_jwStatsAct2Evil_lp

TFU - ?

018 - PC_mxEMP_jwJunoRescue_lp_02

AOTC - Confrontation With Count Dooku (with TPM Tromolo Swell)

TFU

019 - PC_mxDEA_mgRebelBattle_lp

TFU

020 - PC_mxFE1_jw3RancorBattle_lp

ROTS - They're Coming Around (Film Version)

023 - PC_mxFE1_jwShaakTiBattle_lp

TFU

ROTS - I Am The Senate

ROTS - It Can't Be

ROTS - I Am The Senate

024 - PC_mxFEL_mgRancorBattle_lp

TFU

025 - PC_mxFEL_mgImperialBattle_lp

TFU

026 - PC_mxFEL_mgSithBattle_lp

TFU

028 - PC_mxKAS_jwMarchBattle_lp

AOTC - The Arena

031 - PC_mxFE1_jwAmbient01_lp

ESB

AOTC - This Is A Crisis

ROTS - Count Dooku's Entrance

ROTS - Goodbye, Old Friend

ROTS - I Am The Senate

032 - PC_mxFE1_jwAmbient02_lp

TFU - ?

033 - PC_mxFE1_jwAmbient02_lp_01

TFU - ?

034 - PC_mxFE1_jwAmbient02_lp_02

AOTC - Zam The Assassin

TFU - ?

ROTS - I Am The Senate

TFU

AOTC - Zam The Assassin

TFU

ROTS - I Am The Senate

TFU

035 - PC_mxFE1_jwAmbient02_lp_03

ROTS - Palpatine's Big Pitch

ROTS - News Of The Attack

ROTS - Be Careful Of Your Friend

ROTS - News Of The Attack

036 - PC_mxFE1_jwAmbient02_lp_04

ROTS - Goodbye, Old Friend

ROTS - Scenes and Dreams (Unedited OST section)

TFU - ?

AOTC - Zam The Assassin

TFU - ?

037 - PC_mxFE1_jwAmbient02_lp_05

AOTC - The Homestead

AOTC - Spying On The Separatists (Film Version)

AOTC - The Tusken Camp

038 - PC_mxGEN_jwEvilCredits_lp

ROTJ

TFU

ROTS - Anakin Crawling

ROTS - Birth Of The Twins

ESB

039 - PC_mxJT2_jwGreatHall02_lp_01

ROTS - Palpatine's Seduction

ROTS - Anakin's Dark Deeds

ROTS - Scenes and Dreams

040 - PC_mxJT2_jwGreatHall02_lp_02

AOTC - Zam The Assassin

042 - PC_mxJT3_jwTempleRuins02_lp

AOTC - Finale

TPM - The Senate

TPM

043 - PC_mxRX1_jwLandingPad01_lp

Palpatine's TV Set (looped a few times)

044 - PC_mxDEA_jwVaderBattle01_lp

ESB

TPM - Death Of Darth Maul

TPM - Qui-Gon's Noble End

ESB

048 - PC_mxDEA_jwEmperorBattle_lp

ROTS - I Am The Senate

054 - PC_music_vnDML0

ROTS - Anakin's Dark Deeds (Alternate / Film Version Mixes)

055 - PC_music_vnDML020

ROTS - Grievous Travels To Palpatine

ROTS - Heroes Collide

ESB

ROTS - Grievous Travels To Palpatine (looped)

056 - PC_mxKAS_mgRebelBattle_lp

TFU

060 - PC_mxPRO_jwLandingPad01_lp

061 - PC_mxTIE_jwLowCombat01_lp

ROTS - Swimming, Droids, Yoda Farewell

062 - PC_mxTIE_jwPanelFabHall_lp

ROTS - General Grievous / The Elevator Scene

ROTS - Get 'Em, R2!

063 - PC_mxTIE_mgApprenBattle_lp

TFU

066 - PC_music_vnKAS920

AOTC - Yoda Vs. Dooku

067 - PC_music_vnCCY01

TFU

069 - PC_mxTAT_jwIntroVignette_nl

AOTC - Return To Tatooine

070 - PC_mxTIE_jwAmbient01_lp

TPM

071 - PC_mxRX2_jwPROXYEnding_lp

AOTC - Return To Tatooine (Film Version)

TPM - Duel Of The Fates (Instrumental)

072 - PC_mxRX1_jwBehemothFight01_lp

ROTS - Rolling With Grievous

073 - PC_mxRX1_jwDrexlBattle01_lp

ROTS - Riding The Lizard (Film Version Mix)

074 - PC_mxRX1_jwGolemFight01_lp

AOTC - Going After Dooku

AOTC - The Tusken Camp

075 - PC_mxRX1_jwKazdanBattle01_lp

TPM - Anakin Defeats Sebulba (Early Mix)

076 - PC_mxRX1_jwKazdanBattle02_lp

TPM - Tentacles

AOTC - Bounty Hunter's Pursuit

TPM - Tentacles

078 - PC_mxRX1_jwSusState02_lp

AOTC - Yoda Vs. Dooku

TPM - The Sith Spacecraft

AOTC - The Chase Through Coruscant

080 - PC_mxRX2_jwGeneratorRoom01_lp

TFU

ESB

082 - PC_mxGEN_jwGoodCredits_lp

TFU

083 - PC_music_vnDML030

TPM - Crash Landing (mixed with TFU)

ESB

084 - PC_music_vnFEL250

TFU - ?

085 - PC_music_vnTAT080_SkiffExit

ROTS - I Am The Senate (unused section)

086 - PC_mxFE1_jwTransition01_nl

TFU

088 - PC_mxFE1_jwTransition03_nl

TFU -?

089 - PC_mxFE1_jwTransition04_nl

AOTC - Inspecting The Army

090 - PC_mxFE1_jwTransition05_nl

Unknown Drums

ROTS - I Am The Senate

Unknown Ending

092 - PC_mxRX1_mgSusState01_lp

ROTS - Dialogue With Mace (clean opening)

094 - PC_mxFE2_jwTransition01_nl

ROTS - Fighting With Grievous

097 - PC_mxFE2_jwTransition04_nl

ESB

TFU - ?

099 - PC_mxHOT_jwHothBattleReveal_nl

AOTC - Confrontation With Count Dooku

TPM - Tremolo Swell

TFU

101 - PC_mxHOT_wrSuspense01_lp

ESB

TFU - ?

114 - PC_mxRX2_jwTransition02_nl

TPM - High Council Meeting (unused opening?)

115 - PC_mxRX2_mgOverlay01

TFU

118 - PC_mxTAT_jwRancorGate_nl

ROTS - General Grievous / The Elevator Scene (Possible Film Mix)

119 - PC_mxTAT_jwTortureRoom_lp

ROTS - Birth Of The Twins

122 - PC_mxTIE_jwTransition02_nl

TPM - Running Out Of Time

123 - PC_mxTIE_jwTransition03_nl

TPM - Courtyard Crossfire

125 - PC_vnDS010_RoyalGuardIntro

AOTC - Chase Through Coruscant (Film Version)

127 - PC_vnTEM010_PlayerIntro

ROTS - Obi-Wan Fights Droids

135 - PC_music_vnTFCF010

ROTS - They're Coming Around

136 - PC_music_vnVDR010

TFU - ?

137 - PC_mxDEA_jwVaderBattle_lp

TPM - Crash Landing (UE) mixed with TFU

140 - PC_mxFE1_jwOverlay03_nl

ROTS - Drawing Swords

144 - PC_mxFE1_mgOverlay01_nl

ROTS - The Elevator Scene

145 - PC_mxFE1_mgOverlay02_nl

TFU - ?

146 - PC_mxFE1_mgOverlay03_nl

ROTS - Grievous and The Droids

147 - PC_mxFE1_mgOverlay04_nl

148 - PC_mxFE1_mgOverlay05_nl

TFU - ?

149 - PC_mxFE1_mgOverlay06_nl

ROTS - Death Of Dooku

150 - PC_mxFE1_mgOverlay07_nl

TFU - ?

TPM - Piccolo overlays

151 - PC_mxFE2_jwOverlay01

TFU - ?

154 - PC_mxFE2_jwOverlay04

TFU - ?

158 - PC_mxFE2_jwOverlay09

TFU - ?

159 - PC_mxFE2_jwOverlay10

ROTS - Going To Utapau

161 - PC_mxFE2_jwOverlay12

AOTC - Ambush On Coruscant

162 - PC_mxFE2_jwOverlay13

TFU - ?

164 - PC_mxFE2_jwOverlay15

ROTS - Swimming

165 - PC_mxFE2_jwOverlay16

TFU - ?

166 - PC_mxFE2_jwSusState01_lp

168 - PC_mxFE2_mgOverlay01

TPM - Tremolo Swell

TFU - Overlays

169 - PC_mxFE2_mgOverlay02

171 - PC_mxFE2_mgOverlay04

AOTC - Zam The Assassin (overlayed with TFU)

175 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay01_nl

TFU - ?

177 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay03_nl

TFU - ?

178 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay04_nl

TFU - ?

179 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay05_nl

180 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay06_nl

TFU - ?

181 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay07_nl

TFU - ?

182 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay08_nl

ROTS - Goodbye, Old Friend (TFU Overlay)

183 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay09_nl

ROTS - Anakin Crawling

184 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay10_nl

ROTS (Riding The Lizard) mixed with TFU

186 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay12_nl

TFU - ?

187 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay13_nl

ROTS - Heroes Collide (unreleased beginning portion)

188 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay14_nl

ROTS - I Am The Senate

189 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay15_nl

TFU - ?

190 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay16_nl

AOTC - Zam The Assassin

191 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay17_nl

ROTS - Swimming (clean opening)

192 - PC_mxRX1_jwOverlay18_nl

TFU - ?

193 - PC_mxRX1_jwTransition02_nl

TFU - Same as above

194 - PC_mxRX1_jwTransition03_nl

TFU - ?

196 - PC_mxRX1_jwTransition05_nl

ROTS - Rolling With Grievous

ESB

197 - PC_mxRX1_jwTransition06_nl

ROTS - Good Guys Arrive (Ending)

198 - PC_mxRX1_jwTransition07_nl

ROTS - Fight With Grievous (Film Version)

DOTF

199 - PC_mxRX1_jwTransition08_nl

ROTS - Bail's Escape (Ending)

200 - PC_mxRX1_jwTransition09_nl

ROTS - Fighting With Grievous

201 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay01_nl

ROTS - Drawing Swords

AOTC - Ambush On Coruscant / Council's Confer

202 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay02_nl

AOTC - Zam The Assassin

203 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay03_nl

TFU - ?

204 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay04_nl

ROTS - Heroes Collide (same 187 but more)

205 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay05_nl

TFU - ?

206 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay06_nl

207 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay07_nl

ROTS - Grievous Travels To Palpatine

208 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay08_nl

ROTS - Fighting With Grievous (Ending)

209 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay09_nl

211 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay11_nl

AOTC - Yoda Vs. Dooku

212 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay12_nl

ROTS - I Am The Senate

213 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay13_nl

214 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay14_nl

TFU - ?

215 - PC_mxRX1_mgOverlay15_nl

TFU - ?

216 - PC_mxRX2_jwBattleZoneVictory

218 - PC_mxRX2_jwOverlay02

TFU - ?

ROTS - Drawing Swords

224 - PC_mxRX2_jwOverlay08

ROTS - Death Of Dooku (drum roll)

ESB

227 - PC_mxRX2_jwOverlay11

ROTS - Bail's Escape

AOTC - Confrontation With Count Dooku

228 - PC_mxRX2_jwOverlay12

TFU - ?

231 - PC_mxRX2_jwOverlay15

ROTS - Drawing Swords

ROTS - Fight With Grievous (Ending)

233 - PC_mxRX2_jwOverlay17

ROTS - It Can't Be

234 - PC_mxRX2_jwOverlay18

ROTS - Drawing Swords

235 - PC_mxRX2_jwOverlay19

ROTS - Moving Things Along

236 - Mov_FMV-AttractMode

ANH

TFU - ?

Some of that is recycled BF2 and Revenge of the Sith game mixes, but there is an abundance of newer material that we've identified in the PC rip. Great work, Trent.

I wasn't aware of any differences, aside from looping, between the film and album mixes of "Riding the Lizard".

It's funny you mention "Anakin Defeats Sebulba" is an 'early mix' (it's one of three mixes for that cue that we have). I would assume that the mixes used in the video games, especially for TPM, were done by Ken Wannberg for LucasArts specifically, although some of those mixes appear in Attack of the Clones as well as the Final mixes by Williams himself. Oddly enough some of the 'early mixes' are identical, or near enough identical, to the 'final mixes' so in some cases I'm assuming Williams was satisfied with one take on some cues.Oddly enough, Wannberg seems to have created two mixes of the cue "Take to your Ships" for use in the games. The first mix (the one closest to the Album version) has not been heard since Jedi Starfighter.

I'm sure those early versions were actually recorded as is for the film but were revised to not include the added percussion. Much like the re-recorded pieces for the OST of ROTS for certain cues.

Edit: By the way I remember something from the U.E. of TPM the Sith Chant overlays that are present towards the end of "Qui-Gon's Noble End", the way how they were looped and sped up was exactly how they appeared during the part when Obi-Wan was stuck behind that force field while watching Qui-Gon and Maul fight before Maul beat Qui-Gon. In the U.E. they don't reflect that, it's just the album version with those piccolos overlayed and the horn deal. So another cue that's clearly not the film version (IE: Augie's Great Municipal Band).

I don't recall any added percussion to most of the cues in TPM, just Anakin Defeats Sebulba and Duel of the Fates.

I'd love to know why there currently exists three different mixes for three cues - "Anakin Defeats Sebulba", "Take to your Ships" and "End Credits". Each mix sounds different in comparable bits. Of course, we don't actually have all of the third version of "Take to your Ships". Yet. I hope we do get more in a future game.

EDIT: I shall explain that there are indeed three different versions of End Credits. Two are obvious - the Album take and the one based on the Throne Room concert suite. The third is the film version, which can also be heard in Attack of the Clones. The orchestration of the middle parts is different to the TPM album version. Slightly different but with a careful ear you can hear the differences.

I thought the ROTS Album contained the exact same takes used in the film, just without overlayed percussion? I think there's a single fanfare missing from the film version of "Boys into Battle" but it's quiet enough to have been dropped out in the sound booth. The mixing of the snare drums is also louder in the film version too.

I also find it curious that the album version of They're Coming Around has odd mixing for the taiko drums - first the drums are mixed in loud, then they get quieter and queiter.

So we have the following cues not the same as the TPM film:

Disc 1

- "04 - Death Warrant for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan" -Final synth chord is shorter although that could be due to editing if the album to lessen the gap between the tracks.

- "31 - The Flag Parade" - not the same as the theatrical version, nor the DVD version.

- "32 - Sebulba's Dirty Hand - Qui-Gon's Pep Talk" - they added the actual closing moments of the cue in the UE, they are absent in the film.

Disc 2

- "15 - The Queen and Her Group Sneak Back Into the Palace" and 16 - The Battle Begins"" - in the UE it goes straight to "Moving Forward/Courtyard Crossfire/Whatever it's called", but in the film, there's a good few seconds between the end of this piece and the start of "Moving Forward". Had that been replicated in the UE, we would have had a clean ending for "The Armies Face Off" far sooner than BF2.

- "17 - The Republic Pilots Take Off Into Space" - the film cuts the last timpani hit in favour of reverb.

- "27 - The Death of Qui-Gon and the Surrender of the Gunguns" See Trent's post above

- "29 - The Queen Confronts Nute and Rune" and "30 - The Funeral of Qui-Gon" are the Album version, but I'm certain in the film the first track was edited down. I haven't seen the film in some time though so I could be mistaken.

- "31 - The Parade" and "32 - End Credits" are the Album version.

This is the Episode III cue sheet (there has never been an episode II cue sheet released anywhere that I am aware of). This Episode III cue sheet leaves gaps for placement of tracked music. As it was pre-planned for this music to be tracked, I personally consider it a part of the final version of the score (unlike tracking that is done late into the production)

* 1M1 Fox Fanfare (The Empire Strikes Back Recording)

* 1M2 Star Wars Main Theme (The Phantom Menace Recording)

* 1M3 Boys Into Battle February 12, 2005

* 1M4 They're Coming Around February 14, 2005

* 1M4a "Get 'Em, R-2!" February 7, 2005

* 1M5 The Elevator Scene February 17, 2005

* 1M6 Count Dooku's Entrance February 14, 2005

* 1M7 The Death Of Dooku February 2, 2005

* 2M1 Grievous And The Droids February 9, 2005

* 2M3 Another Happy Landing February 3, 2005

* 2M4 Revisiting Padmé February 3, 2005

* 2M5 Grievous Travels To Palpatine February 3, 2005

* 2M6 Scenes And Dreams February 12, 2005

* 2M7 Be Careful Of Your Friend February 13, 2005

* 3M1 Council Meeting February 14, 2005

* 3M2 Hold Me February 13, 2005

* 3M2a Palpatine's TV Set February 7, 2005

* 3M3 Palpatine's Big Pitch February 9, 2005

* 3M5 Goodbye Old Friend February 3, 2005

* 3M6 Going To Utapau February 13, 2005

* 3M7 Riding The Lizard February 12, 2005

* 3M8 Obi-Wan Fares [sic] Droids February 12, 2005

* 4M1x Drawing Swords February 3, 2005

* 4M1a Good Guys Arrive February 8, 2005

* 4M3 Palpatine's Seduction February 2, 2005

* 4M4 Rolling With Grievous February 13, 2005

* 4M4a Fighting With Grievous February 8, 2005

* 4M5 Dialogue With Mace February 17, 2005

* 4M5a Padmé's Ruminations February 8, 2005

* 4M6 I Am The Senate February 14, 2005

* 5M1 Palpatine Instructs Anakin February 3, 2005

* 5M3 Lament February 7, 2005

* 5M3a Bail's Escape February 14, 2005

* 5M4 "Swimming, Droids and Yoda Farewell" February 9, 2005

* 5M5 News Of The Attack February 12, 2005

* 5M6 Moving Things Along February 9, 2005

* 5M7 Anakin's Dark Deeds February 3, 2005

* 6M1 It Can't Be February 17, 2005

* 6M2 A Moody Trip February 12, 2005

* 6M3 Padmé's Visit February 2, 2005

* 6M4 Heroes Collide February 2, 2005

* 6M5 Duel Of Yoda And Sidious **Choir Only** Not Assigned

* 6M6 Yoda Falls February 3, 2005

* 6M7 The Boys Continue February 8, 2005

* 6M8 Rev. Yoda To Exile February 12, 2005

* 6M9 Revenge Of The Sith February 3, 2005

* 7M1 The Immolation Scene February 8, 2005

* 7M2 Anakin Crawling February 8, 2005

* 7M3 The Birth Of The Twins February 7, 2005

* 7M4 The Death Of Padmé February 7, 2005

* 7M5 Plans For The Twins February 8, 2005

* 7M6 Padmé's Funeral February 7, 2005

* 7M7 A Home For The Twins February 7, 2005

* 7M8 End Credits February 17, 2005

This is an assumed cue list by trying to arrange the official cue titles which appeared in one of the games (not all tracks appeared in the game, and thus there were more cues). This is someone's presumed list of cue division and not meant to be official. The title names appearing on the list are official. The cue number of "6M7 The Great Duel" is the only one that can be confirmed as matching with a proper number as this appeared in one of the Episode I bonus videos.

1m? Star Wars (Main Title)

1m? The Arrival

1m? Gas Leak

1m? Droid Fight

1m? Queen Amidala

1m? The Droid Invasion

1m? Introducing Jar Jar

1m? Bubble World

1m? Gone Fishin'

2m? Darth Sidious

2m? Tentacles

2m? Theed Palace Arrival

2m? You're Under Arrest

2m? Escape from Naboo

2m? Intro Darth Maul

2m? Arrival at Tatooine

2m? [Title Unknown]

2m? [Title Unknown]

3m? Running Out of Time

3m? [Title Unknown]

3m? Talk of Podracing

3m? Watto's Deal

3m? Kids at Play

3m? [Title Unknown]

3m? The Sith Spacecraft

3m? [Title Unknown]

3m? Flag Parade

3m? Jabba Introduction

3m? Start Your Engine (unused)

3m? The Race Begins

4m? Anakin Defeats Sebulba

4m? Anakin's Great Victory

4m? Anakin Is Free

4m? Darth and Qui-Gon

4m? Coruscant Arrival

4m? Queen and Palpatine

5m? High Council Meeting

5m? The Senate

5m? Anakin's Test

5m? He Is the Chosen One

5m? [Title Unknown]

5m? Naboo Temple

5m? The Gungans

5m? War Plans

6m? Forest Mist

6m? The Armies Face Off

6m? Moving Forward

6m? Take To Your Ships

6m? Laser Fight March

6m? Anakin Takes Off

6m? The Big Army

6m? The Droid Battle

6m? Up the Wire

6m7 The Great Duel

6m? Crash Landing

6m? Qui-Gon's Noble End

6m? Battleship Destroyed

6m? The End of Darth Maul

7m? [Title Unknown]

7m? Qui-Gon's Funeral

7m? Augie's Great Municipal Band

7m? End Title

7m? End Title Part II

I wrote this in an earlier post, perhaps you missed it.

I've looked at the written scores to the following cues -

1M7 Introducing Jar jar

3M6 The Sith Spacecraft (I haven't looked at this one but a friend of mine gave me the slate number from his copy)

3M10 ?? (Jabba Introduction/Start Your Engine, all one cue)

3M11 The Race Begins

5M4+5 The Chosen One

And let's not forget that an insert or alternate beginning was recorded for ROTS's 7M7, "A Home for the Twins." The album version doesn't contain any microedits - the film version is expanded.

I agree and it makes you wonder how many more inserts, etc, might have been recorded and not listed on the official cue list.

True. Hopefully not too many, though. As far as I'm aware, all the other material we have is accounted for, but I could be mistaken.

Side note, but I must say, I really wonder what the score for "Palpatine's TV Set" looked like. ;)

And let's not forget that an insert or alternate beginning was recorded for ROTS's 7M7, "A Home for the Twins." The album version doesn't contain any microedits - the film version is expanded.

i still don't buy that