20 Seconds of Olympic JW Greatness! + 10 NEW Olympic bumpers

King Mark

I don't think I'm breaking copyright rules by putting a 20 second clip I taped off the TV(like the file for JW's Tonight Show appearance was on the Main Page 2 weeks ago):

link removed

Please use the PM system

A microencapsulation of All Great Things JW!

20 seconds to remind you why Williams is the greatest composer ever.

K.M.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks KM. JW can do more with just 20 seconds than others can do in 20 minutes. The very short music that he wrote for the logos of "Dreamworks", "Amblin Entertainment" and "The Ladd company" is equally excellent.

Thanks for the "bumper" - I'm keeping it...

It's a great clip,like all of Williams best harmonies in a tiny package.Can any other composer pack so much punch in 20 seconds?

I recorded a few other shorter new bumpers,but this is by far the longest ,"rarest" and most interesting one.I have been waiting for it since Athens when I remember hearing it,because it really grabs your attention when it starts playing on the TV,like WoW,did I just hear that!?...Luckily this time it played with no one talking over it.

K.M.Who can't stop playing it over and over.

There are quite few Olympic albums out there. While I'm tempted, I can't see myself buying them, at least not soon - too many other CDs that take precedence.

Is it possible that these JW Olympic cues will ever be released on a commercial album?

i doubt thse cues will be released on a commercial album.Only the concert pieces are released.

scissorhands - not very impressed for the clip :)

8O

K.M.Who just filled out the latest batch of link requests.

well,i made another file containing all the olympic bumpers I recorded one after the other.Some are slightly cut because of the broadcast,some have minor Swoosh sound effects,but none of them have voices.I made this one in 320k

PM me for the link.I'll probably reply to the lot of PM's tomorrow

K.M.

P.S.If by any chance anyone recorded better or more complete versions of the included ones or other ones not included please tell me(like anyone who might have TIVO'd the olympics)

Too bad the seventh one fades out.If I had a day or 2 more of Olympic broadcast maybe I would have gotten more of them or all of them complete.I only got around with a system of doing this 2 days ago.I recorded only the commercial breaks with my DVD recorder,then when I'd note something new I'd write down where it is,then take the DVD to my PC and record the music.

Note:I don't think I could have gotten #1 and #2 any better in the whole 2 weeks because they had specific spots where they appeared.

#2 is actually 2 different days edited togheter where Costas didn't speak over it at the exact same place.

K.M.

Does anyone know the music at the end of NBC's coverage last night. It was played with the highlights and showing the credits. IS this John williams? IF so what song is it? If not, does anyone know who composed it?

thanks

Does anyone know the music at the end of NBC's coverage last night. It was played with the highlights and showing the credits. IS this John williams? IF so what song is it? If not, does anyone know who composed it?

thanks

The 20 second bumper is included into the "collection" at the end in better bitrate,so that's the file i'm sending links to now.

There was no piece composed by John Williams in the sunday night long credits.The ones at 1 a.m. the night before had Call of the Champions

K.M.

The life of a moderator is marked with trials and tribulations.

Tim

Then i'm glad i'm just a lurker who doesn't have to worry about such things.

Oh, could I please get a PM too, would love to hear this.