Unreleased Memoirs of a Geisha

Miguel Andrade

I just finished ripping a 2:30 minutes unreleased bit from Memoirs of a Geisha. I was able to get the film with a 2.0 mix, but this section had only some little sound effects and some narration, that was easelly removed without great lost of overall quality.

I've come up with a 160kb/sec mp3 of it, and will forward a link to a few mwmbers so they can then share with anyone interested -- I'll have to leave the computer for a while now.

The scene is the cliff one, when Sahury throws the Charmain's handkerchief to the sea. I called it "The Heart Dies a Slow Death...", basing myself on the narration.

I want to express my gratitude to Romão, who brought this to me, as I wasn't able to fully study the DVD. Hopefully, with the oficial DVD release and a 5.1 mix, will be able to get a better sounding file.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Miguel! An absolutely gorgeous rendering of Sayuri's theme (love the sound of the waves in the background, too - it complements the music nicely.)

wow. today must be unreleased Geisha day

Me too please!

After almost 3 months, my enjoyment of this score s still increasing.

Some of Willims best work me thinks

The scene is the cliff one, when Sahury throws the Charmain's handkerchief to the sea. I called it "The Heart Dies a Slow Death...", basing myself on the narration.

I don't get it,this is the same scene that Williams describes when he talks about the cue "A Dream Discarted" in the interview .Does this mean that A Dream Discarted...was discarted??

K.M.

I don't get it,this is the same scene that Williams describes when he talks about the cue "A Dream Discarted" in the interview .Does this mean that A Dream Discarted...was discarted??

K.M.

I was wondering about that too KM. Why did Williams record it with Ma if it is not even in the film? Could be that they both just liked the piece so much that they wanted to record it again.

Miguel (or anyone who knows) can you say is the CD cue "A Dream Discarded" in the film at all?

Thanks a bunch, MIguel :D I've been craving for this track since the first time I watched the movie.

Romão, happy to have been one of the first to notice this segment of unreleased music.