Sign in to follow this  
Morlock

Elliot Goldenthal

26 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

How do you pronounce 'Thing' in her name, Thor?  I assume it's not just the English pronunciation of that word.

Nope, the 'h' is silent. So it's Ting.

1 hour ago, TownerFan said:

Concert of Elliot Goldenthal music next June in Dublin, with the composer present as a guest:

https://orchestras.rte.ie/events/1776/cinema-with-the-symphony-an-evening-with-elliot-goldenthal/

@Bilbo should bring his lazy arse to this performance!

Karol

20 hours ago, TownerFan said:

Concert of Elliot Goldenthal music next June in Dublin, with the composer present as a guest:

https://orchestras.rte.ie/events/1776/cinema-with-the-symphony-an-evening-with-elliot-goldenthal/

Tempting. I've seen Goldenthal live several times, but never a whole concert dedicated to just his music. Also a good chance to visit Dublin (I've never been to Ireland).

I just checked flight tickets, and they are unfortunately cost prohibitive for me. Weird, because I always assumed Dublin was a cheap destination from Oslo.

Everything Ireland is expensive. 

A pity though. Despite our differences I think you’d have been fun to have a pint with!

do you have any plans to travel Karol? Although I think we’ll be meeting at the RAH for ANH. 

Well I probably won't be able to make it for three reasons. I've already seen Goldenthal live three times and will see him again just a mere few weeks before the Dublin concert. And I'm going to London for Close Encounters the following week and that's going to be expensive already (I swear, John Williams is going to ruin me this year!). Also I haven't got that many annual leave days left to book.

Having said that, it might not be my last word on this subject. We'll see. ;)

In any case you should go. His stuff heard live is quite a lot of fun.

Karol

Do any of us live in Poland?  There is an all Goldenthal concert later this month.

Venue:
Mieczysław Karłowicz Philharmonic in Szczecin
Date:
Friday, 18 May 2018
Time:
7 pm
Repertoire:

Elliot Goldenthal
Lyric Suite (European premiere)
A symphony suite from  Aliens 3
A symphony suite from  Interview with the vampire
Great Gothic Suite from Batman Forever  and Batman and Robin

Katarzyna Tomala – conductor

http://oab.com.pl/en/index.php/k2-user-groups/events/item/427-18-05-2018-film-music-festival-szczecin

So he's going to be in Poland twice within the same month? That's strange. But then, he does visit often.

I've heard the Interview with a Vampire, Aliens 3 and Batman suites. Unless of course he created brand new ones (like he did with Titus one year).

Karol

27 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

QUESTION

Where can I find lyrics to the vocal sections of Titus?

I believe they are in Latin and Greek?

Thanks

I don't think it's Greek.

9 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

QUESTION

Where can I find lyrics to the vocal sections of Titus?

I believe they are in Latin and Greek?

Thanks

It is latin (remember this is Rome).  Straight from Shakespeare during the triumphant entrance of Titus as be brings his vanquished goths:

Romans, make way: the good Andronicus.
Patron of virtue, Rome's best champion,
Successful in the battles that he fights,
With honour and with fortune is return'd
From where he circumscribed with his sword,
And brought to yoke, the enemies of Rome.

(Drums and trumpets are sounding. Enter MARTIUS and MUTIUS; After them, two Men bearing a coffin covered with black; then LUCIUS and QUINTUS. After them, TITUS ANDRONICUS; and then TAMORA, with ALARBUS, DEMETRIUS, CHIRON, AARON, and other Goths, prisoners; Soldiers and people following. The Bearers set down the coffin) - Bill Shakespeare

7 hours ago, karelm said:

It is latin (remember this is Rome).  Straight from Shakespeare during the triumphant entrance of Titus as be brings his vanquished goths:

Romans, make way: the good Andronicus.
Patron of virtue, Rome's best champion,
Successful in the battles that he fights,
With honour and with fortune is return'd
From where he circumscribed with his sword,
And brought to yoke, the enemies of Rome.

(Drums and trumpets are sounding. Enter MARTIUS and MUTIUS; After them, two Men bearing a coffin covered with black; then LUCIUS and QUINTUS. After them, TITUS ANDRONICUS; and then TAMORA, with ALARBUS, DEMETRIUS, CHIRON, AARON, and other Goths, prisoners; Soldiers and people following. The Bearers set down the coffin) - Bill Shakespeare

Thanks much! Do you have the actual Latin lyrics? Or know where I can find them?

According to ryanpaquet at the FSM message board, this image was tweeted from Elliot Goldenthal's account:

DeEHvHPX4AIxgt_.jpg

The CD next to Batman Forever reads Batman & Robin: Original Motion Picture Score

A bootleg that accidentally ended up in his collection, or...something else entirely??

7 minutes ago, Corellian2019 said:

A bootleg that accidentally ended up in his collection, or...something else entirely??

I believe Goldenthal put together a full program for official release before the whole idea was scrapped by WB. Could very well just be a copy of that.