What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Hey, so I was thinking the other day that we don't really have a thread for TV shows that don't generate enough discussion to warrant their own threads, but you might want to discuss them when something important happens or whatever.

Like for example, the other day there was random discussion of "Breaking Bad" buried in the "what was the last film you watched?" thread, that will never be easily found in a search.

Of course the individual threads should continue, so I'll link them here. If I missed any let me know!

I'll kick it off: This season of Big Love is excellent! Anybody watch?

Also: Has anybody checked out Kings or Castle? I was curious how they were.

Good thread idea.

I'm all over some Big Love -- and this season has been the best so far.

I tried watching the first episode of Castle, but couldn't get into it. If I hear it's gotten better, I'll pick it up later on down the road.

For my current TV shows that I enjoy are...

Heroes (for the most part)

Battlestar Galactica (despite Friday being the series finale :unsure:)

and

Ghost Hunters

Other than that I don't watch too much T.V. I'll probably check out Stargate: Universe when it airs this fall.

I am eagerly anticipating the finale of Battlestar Galactica. Also been watching Lost and The Office.

More recently started watching The Big Bang Theory. Anyone else a fan?

Good thread idea.

I'm all over some Big Love -- and this season has been the best so far.

Hmm, I don't know about the best so far, but it certainly is great. I enjoy that they are focusing more on the family than all the compound politics. The recent episode with the big road trip was one of the best episodes they've done. This season is when Amanda Seyfried really came into her own. It was so heartbreaking when she

lost her baby

!

I can't believe this Sunday is already the season finale.... I didn't know until recently that they are only doing 10 episodes this year instead of the usual 12. I did notice that the last episode seemed fairly rushed, I thought.

My favorite current TV show is The Office. That's the only one I really make an effort to follow on a week to week basis. I watch SNL when I'm up that late, but it has really gone down hill from its golden days.

BTW, we have a thread for this:

http://jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13829&hl=

That's a thread for listing your favorite shows, this is a thread for discussing the plots of current tv shows that don't have (or need) their own thread to discuss them in

yeah, Sheld0r the Conqur0r just rulez! :P

My current shows US (regardless of whether they're in season):

Lost

Prison Break

House

30 Rock

The Office

Life on Mars (considered by my brother and I as better than our own spinoff, Ashes to Ashes)

The Wire

Generation Kill

And my brother watches a bunch that I don't, including Entourage and Dexter. He also sometimes watches Heroes, which I lost interest in only a few episodes into the first season.

I easily watch more US than UK TV. I mean I saw something on sky 1 last night at about midnight in digiguide and my receiver box wasn't switched on yet.

Anyone see the latest Flight Of The Conchords? I think it was a new one, but I'm not entirely sure. I randomly caught it on HBO. The song was pretty bad, but everything else was pretty hilarious IMO.

This show reminds me of Extras.

Was last night's 30 Rock aired WAY out of order? I had completely forgotten Liz was even dating the doctor guy then boom there he was. Plus it was snowing in the episode and his other episodes took place around Valentines Day in Feb

Woah. Just came into this thread to edit my first post to provide a link to the 24 thread, and somebody already edited it on me. Spooky.

Anybody else here watch Friday Night Lights? Despite some seriously soapy WTF moments in season two, it's an outstanding show, and season three (which I'm only now seeing in its NBC repeats) appears to have been the best of the bunch.

Was last night's 30 Rock aired WAY out of order? I had completely forgotten Liz was even dating the doctor guy then boom there he was. Plus it was snowing in the episode and his other episodes took place around Valentines Day in Feb

I wondered about that, too. Either way, I laughed my ass off during that episode.

yes J Dan,

Big Bang Theory is the funniest show in years, and it has a traditional format that I prefer over the style used by scrubs and the office

yeah, Sheld0r the Conqur0r just rulez! :)

yes J Dan,

Big Bang Theory is the funniest show in years, and it has a traditional format that I prefer over the style used by scrubs and the office

Jim Parsons is hysterical.

A lot of people here would probably like it if they gave it a chance. All of the sci-fi references and jokes (Star Wars/Trek, BSG) make it extra relevant and humorous. Summer Glau's appearance the other week was great.

yes J Dan,

Jim Parsons is hysterical.

A lot of people here would probably like it if they gave it a chance. All of the sci-fi references and jokes (Star Wars/Trek, BSG) make it extra relevant and humorous. Summer Glau's appearance the other week was great.

I am also very surprised how they're not running out of ideas. In comparison to The IT Crowd, they mange to deliver quality and quantity.

This week's episode of Terminator was pretty good. Thomas Dekker had one scene in particular where he really knocked it out of the park. The show's been kinda iffy lately, but I'm still hoping it'll get another season.

Well the moment I get into Flight Of The Conchords, the series ends! Tonight's episode was the series finale, which I was not aware of. Oh well, I have yet to see the first season, and will grab both of them off Amazon.

After seeing bits from their HBO One Night Stand special a few years ago, buying their album when it came out, and having watched a bunch of clips of the show on YouTube, I finally bought the first season DVD of FOTC. I'm only a couple of episodes in so far, but I'm really enjoying it.

Watched the season finale of Big Love tonight, and I thought it was excellent.

I especially enjoyed these elements:

(1) Margene's great entrepreneurial success. I love that character, and I'm glad to see the writers developing her into a strong, capable, successful woman.

(2) The storyline about Nikki's abandoned daughter seems very promising. It seems to explain so much about Nikki's high-strung nature, and the scene in which she confesses to Barb is kinda heartbreaking. Also, the actress playing her daughter -- who I assume will be back in a major way next season -- was wonderful.

I'm consistently impressed by how tense the writers are able to make the various developments on this show, and how good they are at keeping it from turning into pure soap opera.

I'm only a couple of episodes in so far, but I'm really enjoying it.

I love Season 2. They're releasing an album with 10 songs from this season I believe, with 5 songs from just them. I'll most likely pick that up.

Finally saw the pilot of Better Off Ted. I liked it, it has potential. Recognized most of the cast from other show's I have liked - the guy who got frozen from Andy Richter Controls The Universe, Portia De Rossi from Arrested Development, Jay Harrington from Coupling US and The Inside, and I knew the love interest for Ted was familiar at first, but I had to look it up to see she was the love interest on Joey.

I also saw the Big Love season finale the other night: Great episode, great season.

Was surprised when Joey came in and killed Roman. Wow! Between him being dead and Alby being dead/injured/in jail or whatever is going to happen to him, I really wonder what is going to happen with the compound next season. Here Bill goes off and starts his own religion; But will all of the above make him want to try to be the new prophet of the compound instead?

I wouldn't have guessed that The Letter was fake all along, but it was a perfect resolution to that storyline.

Did anybody else think it was kind of odd how easily Bill accepted Nikki - and her daughter he didn't know about - back so quickly and easily at the end?

I still hope Pushing Daisies will someday be continued in some way or another... it's too bad one of themost unique shows had to go prematurely because of "declining audiences"...

I'm starting to like Better Of Ted.

I need to pay attention when they go to commercial break because tonite I realized they are showing their own ads for the fictional company on the show. Usually I zone out when they go to commercial but tonite I heard some weird dialogue over the TV spot and realized they were running their own ads. ;)

Getting caught up on a bunch of TV while recovering from the whole wisdom teeth thing

Already posted my thoughts on recent eps of Heroes, Dollhouse, Scrubs, South Park, and LOST in their respective threads

Better Off Ted - Was surprised the second episode referred to so many things from the pilot. Really thought the whole freezing and screaming thing was just gonna be a 1 episode joke. Episode 3 was much better. I don't get why they have to say through dialogue in EVERY episode that Ted used up his office affair with Veronica. We get it! I still wish Ted didn't talk directly to camera

In The Motherhood - This was terrible. I like so many of the actors involved so I watched it, but man, it was just awful

Reno 911 - Pretty funny season premiere. The 2 new cadets are a good addition, but its too bad they had to lose Garcia, Clementine, and the lesbian.

House was pretty good this week. I like Mos Def a lot.

How I Met Your Mother was pretty funny too. Enjoyed the outfits Barney and Robin had on towards the end.

I watch Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad every week too, but there is never really anything to say about them.

I watched the E.R. finale. Sad to see it go .I didn't watch it every week but I always returned to it from time to time.

I've watched every episode since it began back in 1994.

While it was time to end my Thursday nights just got a little more lonely.

Kudos for them going back to the original opening credits with JNH's theme.

Anybody here watch HOUSE? Monday's episode was so shocking!

Just watched last night's Fringe. Stupid American Idol ran late, so my DVR didn't record the last 5 minutes or so. Can someone fill me in on what happened at the end? Last thing I saw was Olivia and The Artist's tussle

EDIT: Better Off Ted was pretty funny tonight! I was kind of half paying attention until the scene with the segregated water fountains.... THAT was funny

I don't watch House anymore. The only show I make the effort to watch is 24.

But that guy represents one half of Harold and Kumar. One guy goes into politics. The other guy becomes Hikaru Sulu. Who'd a thunk it.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what's going on with Salma Hayek on 30 Rock? They haven't written her character off from what I can remember, but I haven't seen her on the show in a while

This week's episode was funny ;)

• 2 weeks later...

30 Rock: I can't believe they wrote Salma Hayek off the show like that. Very odd. This week's episode wasn't the best.

Fringe: Holy crap, I can't believe they got Akiva Goldsman to write/direct an episode for them! Very, very odd. Decent episode

Rescue Me: This season has been great! What do you guys think?

Better Off Ted: Weakest episode so far this week, but the show's still decent over all. Knights of Prosperity was still better though

Parks and Recreation: This show is really not picking up steam at all is it? Its so weird with these creators and this AMAZING cast, the final product isn't any better. Then again, I didn't love The Office until season 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody watch How I Met Your Mother last night?

Does that mean Stella is the mother?????????

Last night's House was good. I am liking this House is nuts storyline

Last week's 30 Rock had to be out of order again right? I thought Jack fired Jonathan?

Well

Sarah Chalke

is going to be free after Wednesday. :P

But they need to start moving in that direction, especially with Alyson Hannigan on maternity leave and Cobie Smuthers about ready to join her soon.

• 2 weeks later...

OK are they even trying to hide Robin's pregnancy on HIMYM any more? I've never seen a show be so lazy about it before ;)

I wanted to go through and watch the all the episodes of Better Off Ted, but ABC only has the last episode up. What's the deal? I haven't been keeping up and I've liked what little I've seen.

Season finales of Family Guy and American Dad were pretty good. Haven't watched Simpsons yet

SNL with Timberlake was pretty funny, outside of that stupid Target sketch they always do

30 Rock finale was funny, though I think they need to mix things up somehow next season

Parks and Recreation's second half of the season was much stronger than the first. Finale was probably the best episode

This season of Reno 911 was been good. Loved the explanation for Trudy's stupidity :lol:

Rescue Me is awesome this season, way better than the last 2 mediocre seasons

House finale was good if not predictable

Better Off Ted's a decent show, I dunno why ABC only aired 7 of the 13 episodes filmed

Fringe finale - it was obvious when watching that this wasn't intended to be the season finale, not only because of the kind of lack of big ending JJ Abrams seasons are known for, but also cause they actually had footage from the next season already in the preview! When I read that the season was being shortened from 22 episodes to 20 I assumed they just filmed 2 less episodes but they must have filmed all 22 and then Fox only decided to air 20 of them... lame.

Coming Back Next Season:

Better Off Ted, Castle, Lost, Scrubs, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, 24, Bones, Dollhouse, Fringe, House, Lie To Me, Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, 30 Rock, Chuck, Friday Night Lights, Heroes, The Office, Parks and Recreation, Smallville, Supernatural

Not Coming Back:

Cupid, Pushing Daisies, The Unusuals, Life On Mars, King Of The Hill, Prison Break, Terminator, Kings, Reaper

On the Bubble:

Samantha Who, Old Christine, The Unit, Eleventh Hour, My Name Is Earl

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/fall-tv-cheat-s.html