Hlao-roo

5 hours ago, Brónach said:

Then again I'm still a bit pissed at the movie for wanting to be a random indie drama instead of a genuine hard sci-flick.

"Do you want to make a baby" oh what the fuck

This!

8 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

I'm pretty sure this is the director's call.  The comments he's made about the situation ring true to me.

And frankly the Zimmer hate some of you have is blinding you to recognising that there are actually projects he might be well suited to contribute to...like this one.

Why do you think Blade Runner and Zimmer are made for each other? Very strange ...

780full-black-rain-poster.jpg

L2+Bla.jpg

BlackRain_Grab_10__1434038998_90.195.174

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Requiem is literally the only performance of his I've ever liked.

What about Jordan Catalano? 

I was the same age as Claire Danes character (or at least in the same grade of middle school IIRC) so it really hit home for me. 

5 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I guess you never saw a small Belgium film called Mr. Nobody, right?

4113_1.jpg

I'm just the opposite.

I was very skeptical when this film was announced, but I'm starting to get a good feeling about it. 

And Zimmer is a good choice for this film.

55 minutes ago, Richard said:

Zimmer? Orange and teal? Am I the only one who's rapidly going off this film?

I never had much faith in it anyway. I still wanna see it for Roger Deakins (at home on my plasma TV). At first, I thought the most interesting part of BR 2049 would be the combination of Deakins and the alienating ambient of Johannsson, but now that it's getting a big blockbuster score with ostinatos et all, I honestly can't say that I'm angry. Like I said, I don't care enough about this project. To me this is another 2010 to 2001: ASO.

Alex

Jóhann's agent has confirmed to Fréttablaðiðthat the Icelandic composer is no longer involved with the film in any capacity, though he is prohibited from saying anything at this point due to his contract.

http://icelandreview.com/news/2017/09/08/icelandic-film-composer-no-longer-attached-blade-runner-sequel

14 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

9 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

Anyone else liked him in Panic Room?

This is what I was gonna reply with. Great film and his performance there is integral to the small scale of the film. It's a crime that it's the only David Fincher film not on blu. Fucking Twilight Time announced that they were going to release it 3 years ago and still nothing. Let Criterion do it right!

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Why the personal attack?

Because you know exactly what i meant and still play dumb. Of course Zimmer is only involved at the fringes - he was touring when they got the gig - and the prominent mention of Wallfisch is a clear pointer where things are headed. I don't care for who did it, it will probably suck if only because such rush jobs never fare well for RCP.

I didn't know what you meant, actually.  It seemed to me that you had missed the recent news.

Even if I knew what you meant, not sure why you'd call me an idiot  That's very rude.

It's kind of crazy how Wallfisch has suddenly become one of the hottest composers in Hollywood - yet still manages to stay rather under the radar here and in the public at large because he's usually given a co-credit with Zimmer. E.g. "Variation 15" on YouTube said "Composed by Benjamin Wallfisch [Produced by Hans Zimmer]," and nearly every comment was talking about how Zimmer strikes again, Zimmer is brilliant, etc., with only one or two mentions of Wallfisch. I'm not trying to say this is Zimmer's fault or anything, it's just an interesting dynamic.

19 minutes ago, Will said:

It's kind of crazy how Wallfisch has suddenly become one of the hottest composers in Hollywood - yet still manages to stay rather under the radar here and in the public at large because he's usually given a co-credit with Zimmer. E.g. "Variation 15" on YouTube said "Composed by Benjamin Wallfisch [Produced by Hans Zimmer]," and nearly every comment was talking about how Zimmer strikes again, Zimmer is brilliant, etc., with only one or two mentions of Wallfisch. I'm not trying to say this is Zimmer's fault or anything, it's just an interesting dynamic.

He actually does work a lot w/o Zimmer, i. e. 'It', 'Annabelle', 'A Cure for Wellness'. Sadly after a promising beginning he turns out mostly typical Hollywood fare that sounds like what hundreds of others did before him. But judging from 'Peter Pan' and other stuff i heard, he knows how to use orchestral voicings and can orchestrate himself. 

Just now, publicist said:

Sadly after a promising beginning he turns out mostly typical Hollywood fare that sounds like what hundreds of others did before him. 

That's why I'm puzzled that people call it an improvement. I never thought of the original score as typical Hollywood fare. 

Zimmer is only good when he has lots of time, and Wallfisch who, by all accounts, has done a large amount of work certainly isn't a great concepter. Maybe it's true and just a few hints of old synthesizers will win people over but a new 'Inception' it won't be. Or maybe that will be exactly the problem...

4 hours ago, publicist said:

Zimmer is only good when he has lots of time, and Wallfisch who, by all accounts, has done a large amount of work certainly isn't a great concepter. Maybe it's true and just a few hints of old synthesizers will win people over but a new 'Inception' it won't be. Or maybe that will be exactly the problem...

Now hold on a minute, how dare you! *scoffs*

Clearly Johansson wasn't up to the task and I needed to step in to save us from his mediocrity.