Harry Potter - Live to Projection Concerts

bollemanneke

11 hours ago, king mark said:

wait is it a different orchestra depending on the city?

You know how much money it would cost to fly a 100 piece orchestra around the globe?

11 hours ago, Richard said:

Lah di dah, lah di dah, lah, lah.

Geez, Stu, did you grow up in a Norman Rockwell painting?

Sometimes when I'm driving at night, I see two headlights coming toward me. I have this sudden impulse to turn the wheel quickly, head-on into the oncoming car. I can anticipate the explosion. The sound of shattering glass. The flames rising out of the flowing gasoline.

16 hours ago, king mark said:

just a question, are these concerts usually sold out or close to it?

Impossible to answer; Every city is different, every concert is different

This thread would be were to search for that answer, and I don't think anybody has actually posted any information about changes like that yet.  It hasn't come to New England yet so I haven't seen it myself.

My guess would be all of the final film's tracking is retained

Yes all the tracking and dialling out of cues is retained, e.g. the Diagon Alley music replaced by the Entry to the Great Hall music. The music is as it is heard in the film itself. No unused material is reinstated in the film.

Oh and the performance in Oulu didn't include a choir. There was choir audible at times but it was either synths or perhaps separate choir stems used to back up the orchestral performance.

Agreed it sounded less weird to my ears as well.

Well, since the transition is performed live and not done via an audio editing software stitching two different recordings of two different pieces together, isn't it normal that it sounds less weird?

On 06/03/2017 at 0:25 AM, Disco Stu said:

Sometimes when I'm driving at night, I see two headlights coming toward me. I have this sudden impulse to turn the wheel quickly, head-on into the oncoming car. I can anticipate the explosion. The sound of shattering glass. The flames rising out of the flowing gasoline.

Yeah...thank you. I've got to go; I'm due back on planet Earth.

Yeah I know. I am starting to slip. I have been pressed for time this past week to produce a 50 page analysis on the event. But I am not quite on KK level yet. Still waiting for that FotR review of his. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just found out they are going to perform Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets here in Finland next autumn, at the Espoo Metro Arena on the 14th of October 2017. :)