Jay

James Horner's TITANIC (2017 4CD expanded edition from La-La Land Records)

Just redid the "Unable To Stay" film mix, using the OST version with jointy95's Blu-Ray rip and a small chunk of the film stem to remove those dialogue echoes.  There was only a small part of the film stem that I needed because of audio issues.

10 hours ago, TitanicFan2018 said:

Hard to Starboard reminds me of both Al Bathra and Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet fantasy overture.

Al Bathra was better, and the idea as it relates to Horner's work had its beginnings in Krull. 

Take the LLL cue "Hard to Starboard (Extension)" and go to 5:30; that passage with racing strings and anvil strikes reminds me somewhat of Romeo and Juliet where you have two passages of racing strings with short cymbal crashes.

In this performance of Romeo and Juliet, the passages occur 6:28-6:40 and again from 13:08-13:20.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:28 PM, Richard Penna said:

In this particular case, yes, a set made entirely of film edits is jarring and not very pleasant. I kept 3 or so for my playlist. I had the film edit of the sinking sequence for a while before reverting to the LLL tracks.

For me there's a major difference between something like the sinking sequence which is a giant mess of repeated/looped/rearranged bits, and some of the smaller instances where a track was repurposed for an important scene and leaves no blatant evidence that it was tracked. The two that stuck out to me are one of the brief lifeboat scenes which ends with Rose's Suicide Attempt and Rose rescuing Jack which brilliantly uses 2 1/2 Miles Down. In total I believe I have 3 film edits with the rest pretty much just the LLL main program (with Rose's theme 95% removed).

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply here. I don't frequent these forums much anymore.

As much as the score works in the film the edits are hidden under sound effects and dialogue so you don't hear just how bad or jarring the edits can be. So I decided to make my own version. It's still not film accurate but it flows so much better. I used the OST track The Sinking, added a short section from A Building Panic for Astor's Death then included Death of Titanic for a single 13 minute track. I think it flows together really well and adds the music from an key scene that was missing.