Anyone else prefer Jaws 2 to the original?

Unlucky Bastard

Drax is the JWFan equivalent of the SS...under the covert command of Jay, he and several other members pose provocative questions to mark certain members for...actions to sanitize the board, depending on the responses. Many have disappeared, their history mysteriously erased. And with his ever-changing aliases, he's impossible to trace...he's the ultimate weapon.

Be wary and think carefully before answering, gentlemen.

I'll maintain that J2 has a lot to recommend it. Michael Butler's photography is easily as good as his namesake's, and Neal Travis' editing is sharp, and dynamic. It's always good to see Murray ("you'll understand if we don't shake hands") Hamilton.

Viewed  40 years on, the whole thing does have a made-for-TV feel to it, but it's still enjoyable. The score is easily the best part of it.

I don't watch movies for photography and editing. And if I want to hear the score, I'll just put on the album.

Which is to say, Jaws 2 is unwatchable, moreso than the vastly funnier other Jaws sequels. 

57 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

I don't watch movies for photography and editing. And if I want to hear the score, I'll just put on the album.

Which is to say, Jaws 2 is unwatchable, moreso than the vastly funnier other Jaws sequels. 

+2

Only a brain damaged fool would believe the film or score is better than Jaws.

5 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Only a brain damaged fool would believe the film or score is better than Jaws.

There's a difference between preferring one to the other and thinking it's better. For instance, I love both Ghostbusters movies, but I've watched the sequel more since I was a little squirt.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

It destroyed Roy Scheiders career!

All That Jazz came out after Jaws 2!

1 hour ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

There's a difference between preferring one to the other and thinking it's better. For instance, I love both Ghostbusters movies, but I've watched the sequel more since I was a little squirt.

You're a part of the JWFan hitsquad, of course you're defending Drax!

1 minute ago, Nick Parker said:

Wait was Roy Scheider in that show? Who did he play?

No.  It's just what I think of when I saw the title SeaQuest.  My brain is littered with so much early Adult Swim bullshit that I think of at the most random times.  Curse of being in my teens in the early to mid 00s

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

No.  It's just what I think of when I saw the title SeaQuest.  My brain is littered with so much early Adult Swim bullshit that I think of at the most random times.  Curse of being in my teens in the early to mid 00s

So you're a Family Guy fan?