New Superman Trailer!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good, but lol, while I was watching it, you know how the players pauses at certain points, when it reaches the end of the I don't know what its called, well anyway when Luthor yelled No!! it paused, and his mouth was like twice the size of his head, LOL

The Good: Routh and Spacey.

The Bad: The plot (the little I know of it).

The Ugly: The effects.

I'm still looking forward to it, but this trailer didn't do much for me.

OMFG there's not enough Superman music in the trailer, they didn't utilize it properly, OMFG!!!!!!11111!!!!!

:roll: Come on people give me a fracking break it's just a TRAILER!

The Good: Routh and Spacey.

The Bad: The plot (the little I know of it).

The Ugly: The effects.

I'm still looking forward to it, but this trailer didn't do much for me.

I agree about the plot being kinda...questionable. And there seemed to be a lot of comic relief in just one trailer....

OMFG there's not enough Superman music in the trailer, they didn't utilize it properly, OMFG!!!!!!11111!!!!!

:roll:  Come on people give me a fracking break it's just a TRAILER!

Well, I was the only one that complained, Vosk. :roll:

I haven't looked at the plot synopsis.  Don't you think that kinda ruins it for you?

Tim

It can have a reverse affect too. You read a great story and then you see it on screen.......... :thumbup:

The strangest thing is happening to me. A year ago, I hardly cared about this project. I've said forever that I don't care for comic book or superhero movies, in fact there's only two that I've ever really liked: Superman- The Movie, and Singer's X-Men.

Now here's the man that did the second of those taking over the universe of the first. And the more I see, the more I want to see. I'm looking forward to this more and more. And I think that trailer might have just pushed me over the top. I haven't read anything about this around the 'net, so I can't comment about fears that the plot might not be up to scratch. But based on what I'm seeing this thing could- could- be great.

I just notice something in that trailer that contain Major Spoilers first time watching it as well (highlight to read)

That newspaper in that trailer has gave the story plot away from that movie, I think..pause that frame where that newspaper appears and It says "SUPERMAN APPEARS FROM NO WHERE TO SAVE A SHUTTLE FROM DESTRUCTION."

Hmm...I'm not so sure of the plot, I agree that it looks a little "iffy." Still, the trailer's kinda interesting. I'm sure I'll see the film, and I'm definitely intrigued by what I've heard about the score and Ottman's use of Williams' music.

Ray Barnsbury - who's still far more excited about X-3

that newpaper has a mistake...after they showed that newspaper in that trailer later on it was a actual passenger plane with winds breaking off of each end and not a shuttle as it mention in that newspaper.

??? Am I the only one left quite unimpressed? I dig *some* of the visuals, but if the main story of Superman Returns is (as indicated by the trailer) Lois and son get kidnapped by Luthor and Superman has to save them, then sorry... Zzzzzzzz....

I was actually more impressed by the new Pirates of the Carribean 2 trailer! Give me Jack Sparrow instead of Supie boy...

Good to see 2 time Academy Award winner Kevin Spacey hamming it up. Can't wait to hear his Gene Hackman laugh.

actually, what was wrong with the effects?

Well, they're CGI... That means that at least 70% of this board dismisses them as "wrong".

I've just seen it. I wasn't very excited about this movie, but the trailer made me think it can be interesting. And seeing Kevin Spacey acting is never boring.

Two questions:

Was this shot with digital cameras?

Have you seen this IMAX 3D thing?

And seeing Kevin Spacey acting is never boring.

I take it you've never seen his lifeless performance in The Life of David Gale, than.

I loved Spacey in the trailer, he was one of the things I had my doubts about, he has been all that enigmatic in recent roles, I thought he might have forgotten how.....but he seems to have gotten it all back, and then some. Langella was also great to see, in what will probably be his first totally non-threatening role ever. Loved the bit at the end.

Speaking of trailers, anyone see the new Pirates of The Carribean 2 trailer? I thought it looked not half bad, after the dismal looking first trailer. A couple of great Jack Sparrow lines, Bill Nighy is in it, so is Stellan Skarsgaard..... could be a fun time at the cinema.

People should also check out the second Happy Feet trailer. Ten words: Robin Williams as a penguin singing 'My Way' in Spanish. Not to be missed.

And seeing Kevin Spacey acting is never boring.

I take it you've never seen his lifeless performance in The Life of David Gale, than.

You're right

The trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean look quite cool too. I guess this as close as it will get of there ever being made a Monkey Island movie. Somethings seem taken right out from the games. So I guess, Pirates of the Caribbean, the ride, inspired Ron Gilbert to create Monkey island. And now, Monkey Island inspires the film-makers of the movie inspired by the ride as well.

??? Am I the only one left quite unimpressed?

I wasn't impressed either. It feels too familiar (and I'm not talking about the music).

Personally; I LOVE the Pirates 2 trailer! And that is coming for someone who didn't really like the first film (except the Jack Sparrow character!) The trailer for part 2 has this really cool 80's feel to it and seems to be the kind of movie I wanted to see when I was a kid. You know; the same vain as Back To The Future, Indiana Jones, The Goonies, Gremlins, Star Wars, etc. Man, I LOVED those movies.

If I had to choose between Superman and Pirates 2 based on the two trailers; I would DEFINATELY go with Pirates.

It feels too familiar

I agree... Another kidnap by the badguy story and Superman (or Nicolas Cage, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Spiderman, whatever) has to save the day...

Couldn't they have graced this film with a little more originality?

Well, in Superman Returns case the plot is so simplistic and childish that, yeah, a two minute trailer is bound to shine light on that. It did. Next trailer please. Zzzzzzz....

I can't believe the cheesyness of that line at the end:

Jimmy: "Look, there in the sky!"

White: "It's a bird!"

Lois: "It's a plane!"

Clark: "You wanted to see me?"

Looks nice, but nothing more.

Agreed - Routh seems in some ways to be exactly like Christopher Reeve, and in other ways completely different - and I think it works.

I don't see what was so good about the trailer. It looks... awkward. I agree with Ray Barnsbury; X-3 looks better.

Ted

I think Routh looks too young for being Superman, especially when we must assume that this film takes place several years after the original.

PS: Just saw the X- 3 trailer: WOW, that one looks much much better!

Which X-3 trailer are you all seeing? The one I'm seeing has bad effects, horrible makeup, and no particularly compelling images/lines.

Oh yes you can. The second one had some fantastic material in there, namely what they did with Magneto.

Which X-3 trailer are you all seeing? The one I'm seeing has bad effects, horrible makeup, and no particularly compelling images/lines.

I kow what you mean, Morlock, but I agree, at least X-3 seem to hold more promise. As a movie, the new Supes looks rather domesticated.

Alex