Pirates of the Caribbean 2 score news

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than the first, but still remnants of the first that give me the shits, even a reprise of the god-awful "we are cursed men" cue.

I've listened to the clips just to be well informed when I say that this is the rubbish bin of contemporary film music. How awful can you get.

Better than the first film but I won't condemn the soundtrack after listening to a few clips. I like the Davy Jones theme and I'm a bit pissed that it's a little less than half of the whole score on the album, nevertheless I'll still probably pick it up (!)

I think the only improvements are the greater use of orchestra and the new jigs/waltzes. Still shit? Yes.

But it's damn good shit, sir. :P

I'd give the first one **1/2 stars. I'd give this *** from what I hear so far.

Some of it sounds somewhat interesting, the crazy waltz and the jig especially (I really like the rendition of the original jig in the track 1 clip where the solo cello plays, accompanied by string chords...) Perhaps some of it can be good. Lots of typical Zimmer noise in the greater part of the clips, though.

Chris

:P Hannibal (Zimmer)

Different composer.....different music what do you expect. I have a listen to the sample clips later.

It does sound like it is better than first one just by reading the comments so far.

Different composer.....different music what do you expect.

Um... Exactly the same music? There's a lot wrong with what you just suggested, in this case.

Are you retarded???? You saying the opposite what im saying. I didn't say it was exactly the same music. Not really. Klaus Badelt composed the music from the first movie with his style of music. Hans Zimmer over produced Klaus Badelt's music in the first movie. Hans Zimmer didn't compose the music for the first movie. However Hans Zimmer of course he use a few of old themes from previous movies such as the "main theme" and others incoporated in the sequel movie however he has created new themes as well and it is Hans Zimmer style of music not Klaus Badelt style.

Um... Exactly the same music? There's a lot wrong with what you just suggested, in this case.

Are you retarded???? You saying the opposite what im saying. I didn't say it was exactly the same music. Not really. Klaus Badelt composed the music from the first movie with his style of music. Hans Zimmer over produced Klaus Badelt's music in the first movie. Hans Zimmer didn't compose the music for the first movie. However Hans Zimmer of course he use a few of old themes from previous movies such as the "main theme" and others incoporated in the sequel movie however he has created new themes as well and it is Hans Zimmer style of music not Klaus Badelt style.

Dont be that harsh.

Badelt (and the rest of MV) as Hans zimmer pupils have the similar style and sound. And the action cues always sound the same.

POTC 1 could be well a hans zimmer score.

Are you retarded????

Such an intelligent way to reply.

- Marc, :mrgreen:

Actually if you look at the end credits you'll see about 7 other composers credited with the music and Zimmer is only credited as producing the score.

I still dream about what someone like Broughton, Poledouris or Silvestri could do with the music.

Actually if you look at the end credits you'll see about 7 other composers credited with the music and Zimmer is only credited as producing the score.

I still dream about what someone like Broughton, Poledouris or Silvestri could do with the music.

Listening to Van Helsing, Silvestri definitiely knows how to implement that "make your house shake low-frequency" boom that Media Ventures needs to artificially create with synths, rather than just beefing up the orchestra a bit with just a little bit of bumping up that end of the sound spectrum.

I guess flutes was really the reason he lost the job.

OVER-Produced

I think he said to them what and how to compose...

Are you retarded????

Such an intelligent way to reply.

- Marc, :mrgreen:

I'm sorry. :oops:

No doubt the Zimmer fanatics are ready to pre-maturely declare this to be his ultimate crowning achievement.

OMG!!1!!!1!! I LUV ZIMMER!!!!111!! HES SO KEWL!11!!! PIRATES ROCKS!1!!!! DIS IZ HIZ BESTEST SONGS EVA!!!111!! OMG JOHNNY DEP IS HOT WTF!1!

What on earth did Badelt write in the first movie anyway? Is his normal style anything like the MV sound? I mean, stuff like The Promise doesnt quite sound like the rubbish POTC does it?

All I was saying Damo, is that it's not really a different composer when we've heard Zimmer say that he (co)wrote the themes for the first film, and an additional group wrote a lot of the underscore.

So technically, same composers, same music.

:)

No doubt the Zimmer fanatics are ready to pre-maturely declare this to be his ultimate crowning achievement.

OMG!!1!!!1!! I LUV ZIMMER!!!!111!! HES SO KEWL!11!!! PIRATES ROCKS!1!!!! DIS IZ HIZ BESTEST SONGS EVA!!!111!! OMG JOHNNY DEP IS HOT WTF!1!

Squeeeeeee-F4rt!!!! :)

Hopefully the film will be as entertaining as the first one even though I have no hope for the music.

My thoughts exactly. If nothing else Depp should be fun as always.

It Sends Sta Wars and Jon Williams outta da park!!!! Williams is so boring and nvr has teh same genus of my man zimmer!! LOL

Actually with syphilis their is the eventual aortic aortitis, aortic aneurysm, aneurysm of sinus of Valsalva, and aortic regurgitation, and are a frequent cause of death.

All preferable to the 43 and a half minute running time of the POTC CD.

But PotC is an important score in some ways. Like a child sticking his/her finger in an electrical socket so they learn never to do it again. Sure, it might have initially been a matter of common sense, but at least they learned in the end.

Tim

The last track in this new POTC score is probably the worse track I have ever heard in a major montion picture score cd.

You talking about the track He's the Pirate (DJ Testo Remix)???

That is not in the film and it not a part in the actual score of the film.

Like a child sticking his/her finger in an electrical socket so they learn never to do it again.  

But they did do it again....

Hey there're bound to be a few kids that go back and do it again, which gives a clear sign of some sort of mental handicap. ;)

Tim

Perhaps it may sound better just by hearing the whole thing which goes for about 7:00 Minutes according the sountrack album.

This score sucks ass! Once again Bruckheimer has created a totally horrible score.