Snakes On A Plane

Damo

There is going to be a movie coming out soon called Snakes On A Plane. There already a few different teaser trailers out on the net which look pretty good for a horror movie on the plane.

Snakes On A Plane Official Site

What do you think?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone please explain what the movie is about? I mean, with a title like "Snakes on a Plane", it could be anything. I'm guessing that it is the biography of Benjamin Franklin, but I could be wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, this movie has two things going for it:

1. Snakes

2. Samuel L. Jackson

The fact that both are airborne and fighting just makes it all the more enticing!

He wrote quite a bit, if I remember correctly, about rattlesnakes (when they were used as a symbol for the colonies). Don't know about the plane part.

This looks to be the worst film ever.

They just announced that their will be no advance press screenings for this film. Gee, I wonder why?

I have advice for you all. Take it or leave it.

If the idea of Snakes on a Plane doesn't excite you enough to see it, then DONT. I don't say that like a snotty internet user. I'm being honest.

If you don't get giddy and excited from the idea of Samuel L Jackson fighting a bunch of snakes on a plane...and the title is SNAKES ON A PLANE...then don't see it...you will hate it. I can almost guarentee it.

This movie is for people that think that this idea is probably the coolest movie in a while. Simply because they know what they are making...and they just want it to be completely outrageous and fun.

So do yourself a favor...if you think it will be dumb...and that doesn't excite you...don't waste your money.

I have advice for you all.  Take it or leave it.

If the idea of Snakes on a Plane doesn't excite you enough to see it, then DONT.  I don't say that like a snotty internet user.  I'm being honest.

If you don't get giddy and excited from the idea of Samuel L Jackson fighting a bunch of snakes on a plane...and the title is SNAKES ON A PLANE...then don't see it...you will hate it.  I can almost guarentee it.

This movie is for people that think that this idea is probably the coolest movie in a while.  Simply because they know what they are making...and they just want it to be completely outrageous and fun.  

So do yourself a favor...if you think it will be dumb...and that doesn't excite you...don't waste your money.

Even though it sounds like its gonna be gayer then Brokeback Mountain I'm going to go see it. I'm hoping it will be like the Shining. It will have no intent of be funny but it has those places that you cannot help but burst out laughing.

It's about snakes. On a plane. The end.

I think Samuel Jackson said something to that effect as the reason he took the role.

All it's gonna be is sam jackson yellin "Snakes on a plane m*th*r f**ker! Snakes on the f**king plane!!!"

Rumor has it that there will actually be a line with Jackson saying "We've got MF snakes on the MF plane!"

Why do I get the feeling that if Goldsmith were still alive he'd be scoring this film....:mrgreen:

Or John Williams. I can imagine Sam Jackson's badass yet heroic theme right now, and a deadly motif for the snakes.

Ted

Does anyone know if a score will be written for SoaP?

Everyone's favorite rock guitarist composer, Trevor Rabin! :P

Who better to score a film about Samuel L. Jackson making snakes his bitch than Trevor Rabin? The sheer ridiculousness of the film calls for a score like Armageddon or Deep Blue Sea.

I just hope Jackson at some point says "Yes I hope they die, and I hope they burn in hell!!"

:P That is one of the funniest lines I've heard in a while.

Me and my friend are playing to make an extremely low budget movie that is like a parody of a bunch of movies and we r planning to have some black guy go running up and down a plane screaming "MF snakes on a MF plane!" Over and over until national security guys pull out guns and start shooting at him (Snakes on a Plane Parody) and then he whips out a purple lightsaber and starts deflecting bullets, and ends up falling out of a window. (Sw parody)

Rumor has it that there will actually be a line with Jackson saying "We've got MF snakes on the MF plane!"

More than a rumor. (mp3)

Not only is this not a rumour - the scene was filmed during pick-ups to try and up the Adult-value of the movie after internet interest in the movie soared......

The title was changed at one point to "Flight 121" - Jackson threatened to quit unless the title was restored to "Snakes on a Plane".....allegedly getting as far as booking his transport and packing his trailer.....needless to say, Jackson's clout saw one of the coolest movie titles in recent times restored.....

Snakes.......on a plane........indeed.......

Greg - who can't wait for this one....

This looks to be the worst film ever.

They just announced that their will be no advance press screenings for this film.  Gee, I wonder why?

The reason they're not doing any press screenings is because the film is for the fans first and foremost, as evidenced by their reshoots because the fans demanded it, and they want to save all of the best stuff for when people see it for the first time.

Just watch the Comic-Con SOAP panel, David Ellis says all of this.

Citizen Kane, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Godfather, Schindlers List, Snakes On A Plane.

More like: Plan 9 from Outer Space, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Snakes on a Plane. :)

The reason they're not doing any press screenings is because the film is for the fans first and foremost, as evidenced by their reshoots because the fans demanded it, and they want to save all of the best stuff for when people see it for the first time.

Just watch the Comic-Con SOAP panel, David Ellis says all of this.

Personally, I find that to be a load of crap. That's the dumbest explanation a director can give. It sounds convincing, sure, but he flat-out doesn't want his movie to get horrid advanced reviews. Plain and simple. Don't buy that "I want the fans to see it first" crap.

Tim

I suppose, due to the name, and the presence of Sam Jackson, people think this is going to be some B-movie masterpiece. They want to rank it up there with Squirm, Night of the Creeps...etc.

Tim

This film has been gathering steam on the internet as a potential cult favorite. We'll see if it carries over to the box office when it's released.

They have a point, you don't go to a film called Snakes On A Plane expecting it to be good.

why not, I expect it to be really fun.

but then I do think back to Eight Legged Freaks, and think it wasn't great, but it was good and fun.

Even though people arent expecting it to be good the movie has rumors going around like crazy and people keep saying they are going to see it just because it sounds so stupid. It will come first in the box offices for whatever weekend it comes out.

I actually think it will be tense enough. Camp value, yes, but I'm sure it will be somewhat effective as a thriller from the preview shots.

Best-Case Scenario, in my mind, for this film...is for it to be like The Evil Dead. Technically, The Evil Dead is a HORRIBLE film. However, it still remains my all-time favorite.

I only mean "Horrible" in the strictly technical sense. I mean...it's easy to see that they use "shemps" or standins for almost every actor in the film...the monsters change appearance...sometimes into plastic dummies throughout the film...c'mon...when you see the moon, it's easy to see the little square where they pasted the moon onto their film! Does that mean I don't absolutely LOVE the film? HELL NO! It's still my absolute favorite.

when you see the moon, it's easy to see the little square where they pasted the moon onto their film!

Did you see it on video? That's probably more due to a bad transfer than anything else.

Haha no I actually own all of the movies on DVD. I recommend getting it just for Bruce Campbell's commentary. It's the best commentary I've ever heard! He was the one that pointed out the moon issue. It's not just the transfer...it was because of a bunch of college kids with no more budget lol.

Still though, I'll say it again, my alltime favorite movie. I could go on and on about The Evil Dead.

He was the one that pointed out the moon issue.  It's not just the transfer...it was because of a bunch of college kids with no more budget lol.

Oh, well, never mind then. :)