John Williams SNF Interview

chinaismine

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I wonder if hearing Williams talk about his approach and methods with this music will influence the opinions of those who didn't like the piece initially.

Ray Barnsbury

See he does conduct in something other than a black turtle neck.

Must've been a decoy.

Very enjoyable. If we want to have Williams health watch thread #7,529, I think he looks pretty damn good for a man about to turn 75.

KM, how much hell do you think you and I can raise in order to get a complete release of this thing? :(

Definitely sounds like from Pirates Of The Caribbean, a score which I like honestly (ducks all the knifes and rocks).

Wow, the PotC score really WOULD sound better if played completely orchestral!  

Indeed!

Great find! Thanks for sharing. I enjoy watching Williams in recording sessions.

I was really intrigued by the crazy meters I saw in the harp music. 5/8, 4/8, 3/4. Who knew it was that complex?

Indeed, it's quite stereotypical of the MV sound, but with actual instruments.

Ray Barnsbury

They dont sound like real instruments for me, at least the strings or are they trumpets??.

BTW how can they put MV music in a show that Williams has scored...

I dont think Williams will go that low as to imitate MV music, even if the producers asked him...

Wow, the PotC score really WOULD sound better if played completely orchestral!

Imagine what it would have sounded like if Alan Silvestri hadn't left the project (Or forced out depending on what really happened)

Or imagine what it would sound like if REAL composer who knew how to compose for an orchestra did it.

The possibilities are endless.

Imagine what it would have sounded like if Alan Silvestri hadn't left the project (Or forced out depending on what really happened)

The PotC poster on my wall still says "Music By ALAN SILVESTRI." It makes me cry inside.

- Marc, who keeps thinking this is a thread about Saturday Night Fever.

Oh, the things I would create if I had any Photoshop skills. Perhaps someone else can do the work and I'll take the creative credit? :|

Right. It's... well, short. :|

- Marc, who keeps thinking this is a thread about Saturday Night Fever.

Yes I thought that when I first saw it. :|

Soooooooooooo....how about that football theme?

All I've heard is what I've watched of Sunday Night Football... eh. And, I'll only be hearing the theme again in the future when the Ravens play on Sunday nights.

Too bad he wasn't asked to write it in the 80s, it might have been good.

Jeff

The music is not bad at all, but it is a POTC rip off. But it doesn't matter because I've always wanted to hear a completely orchestral version of it anyway.

I don't think Santa comes over to Steef's house.

- Marc, who wanted to mention the notable absence of a Sinterklaas avatar this year, but figured the reason was rather obvious.