The Big Bad Star Trek XI Thread

BLUMENKOHL

This movie has generated more buzz for Star Trek than I ever remember.

Exactly. Even I want to see this, and I've never wanted to see a Trek movie in my life. Now multiply someone like me a million times and... you get the idea.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By its 6th season TNG was the most watched show on television up to that time. The only catch is that it was syndicated, so it wasn't put up against shows like The Cosby show.

it was the most watched show in sydication, it was never as highly rated as the top rated shows on network tv, not even close.

Is that enough men for you, Hitch?

How about I put your pussy down that toilet?

3/10, and that was pure luck. Guess I don't know anything about obscure Trek characters or erectile pills.

So that makes me cool, right?

It was five posts above yours. :lol:

Star Trek Character or Erectile Dysfunction Pill?

Score: 100% (10 out of 10)

Looks like I know my erectile dysfunctions :rolleyes:

I don't think was posted in this thread but a company used the original CGI elements of the new design and made a physical model of it.

http://www.quantummechanix.com/Star_Trek.html

I have several problems with this ship....well actually the whole design.

1. The nacelles are way too damn big.

2. The nacelle pylons are sloped at a weird angle.

3. The engineering section is shaped weird and off centered for the neck.

4. The saucer section is too damn flat.

Yes, this is my inner geek speaking out...but hell even the old TOS Constitution Class and even the Refit Constitution Class still look 100x's better than this POS. I will say I have no problems with the new interior designs but the exterior as a whole is just wrong.

I can understand if someone wanted to try to mesh the design of the TOS and Refit version of the Constitution Class together but at least design it so it looks natural and RIGHT and not like you had your head up your ass while designing it. Who ever did design this new look did have their head up their ass.

It looks less polished, less perfect, bless balanced. Meaning it fits perfectly in a prequel.

I assume anyone who wants to see the old Enterprise still has his DVDs.

It looks less polished, less perfect, bless balanced. Meaning it fits perfectly in a prequel.

I assume anyone who wants to see the old Enterprise still has his DVDs.

Correct.

Ship looks fine to me.

And besides, after the Enterprise-E ANYTHING is bound to be a better looking Enterprise. :D

But on its own it's a beautiful ship here, this new Enterprise.

You need to replace Bones with Uhura to make it look more official. :P

Actually, he captures perfectly what Star Trek (TOS and associated movies) is about - namely, the relationship between these 3 fellows.

You need to replace Bones with Uhura to make it look more official. :P

Actually, he captures perfectly what Star Trek (TOS and associated movies) is about - namely, the relationship between these 3 fellows.

It's a shame the official marketing folks don't seem to agree. Let's hope that doesn't extend to the film.

I still prefer the final poster (the black and white one) out of all of them.

Yeah...I'm REALLY hoping the whole Kirk/Spock/McCoy triangle gets emphasized in the film itself. Uhura is great, but she's not crucial to what Star Trek IS in the sense that those three are.

Nice work Blume.

I know I'm going to get chills the first time I see it on the big screen. I just hope there's a slower shot good enough to admire it.

Would you like a tranquilizer?

It's such a great blend of TOS and TMP I can't help but love it, even if the nacelles do look a bit large.

Then let's assume that the engines are larger to get it out of Earth orbit? I know it would be towed into space by little tugs with tractor beams (or strong cables made of buckyballs), but it would be so damn cool to turn the engines on, lay waste to a hundred square miles behind the ship, and have it fly into orbit.

Besides, even after Trent gave us his wonderful synopsis on why this model of a fake starship is "wrong," wouldn't so many more people be upset at using the same Enterprise model that we had in 1966 and 1979? I know I would. If we got redesigned uniforms and tricorders and earpieces and bridge, and a new CAST above all else, why not redesign the ship? Have fun with it. Make it fresh.

It's not like somebody broke into your DVD collection and redesigned the fake starships that drove Bill Shatner around space now!

Nice poster, Blume. Quite talented.

I was just joking about the Uhura thing. I can totally understand the emphasizing of Uhura from a marketing standpoint. Saldana's a whole lot prettier than Mr. Urban, and more likely to bring in people who might otherwise not be interested in Star Trek. And I'm not gonna second guess the marketing folks, because they're obviously doing something right. I've had several people, some with no interest in Trek whatsoever, tell me how "badass" this film looks.

That's true, but a part of me is still worried they're doing it at the expense of the original fans. I'm fine with expanding the fanbase and appealing to the mainstream - although I don't really think it'll happen on a large scale because I think there's still a certain stigma attached - but as cool as some of the trailers are, it's still not looking like Star Trek to me and while that is very much me being an old stubborn curmedgeon, it makes me worried that they've put it more in line with a certain other franchise. I could be completely wrong seeing how we've only seen a few minutes worth.

Interesting.

Amazon.De has artwork and tracklisting up. link

Giacchino having fun with the tracklists again:

1. Star Trek

2. Nailin' The Kelvin

3. Labor Of Love

4. Hella Bar Talk

5. Enterprising Young Men

6. Nero Sighted

7. Nice To Meld You

8. Run And Shoot Offense

9. Does It Still Mcfly?