October: Music of Star Wars - 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition

DigitalfreakNYC

This is crazy, but is it at all possible that they've gotten letters and are going to be changing it...possibly? I mean, it's crazy, but what could they have on this set that would cause problems to the point of having to push it back? Stickers getting stuck in the press?

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is crazy, but is it at all possible that they've gotten letters and are going to be changing it...possibly? I mean, it's crazy, but what could they have on this set that would cause problems to the point of having to push it back? Stickers getting stuck in the press?

I don't think so. I doubt anyone has bothered to read message boards, and it doesn't seem like any letter writing campaign ever got off the ground. There must be some other reason.

Or, the whole thing is rumor and baseless in reality.

I saw something on the site alluding to a box set being on hold, but I'm pretty sure it was refering to the 6 film set being put on hold, and then a subsequent poster on the site assumed that it was talking about the scores.

Maybe theve realised no one will buy it! :blink: lol

They already committed, though. At this point only something that affects the actual production would put it on hold I would imagine. It must be like a previous poster noted, a FILM box set was put on hold (though I never heard anything about a new film box set), not the scores.

I went to this mf.com... didn't have anything but a place holder for a communications website. What site did you mean?

GM---

I think the site you're looking for is actually www.millenniumfalcon.com, which is often (even at the site) referred to as "mf.com."

I browsed the site, but couldn't see anything about the cd boxset being delayed. I just lightly browsed, it might do good to look deeper.

Heh, you're lucky mf.com wasn't some incest site. Yes, Millenniumfalcon.com was what the poster intended, I'm sure.

it doesn't seem like any letter writing campaign ever got off the ground.
That is not from a lack of trying. :huh:

• 1 month later...

I'm talking about the Star Wars Vault, not the stupid 30th Anniversary soundtrack thing. Info here:

http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/ref/news20070314.html

and here:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Vault-Trea...9849&sr=8-1

Typical. :D

Yes, I'm a total Star Wars geek. :P

It's due out Tuesday, November 6th.

No, it came out on November 1st.

hence my answer about not being sure if it came out. If it did, it must have been a dud as there was absolutely no fanfare... I've not seen it in stores...

What are you going on about? The CDs don't come out until this Tuesday. Mark even posted that a few posts up, here.

Neil

I think there is some confusion, some people are asking about that Vault book and I was answering Peter's question about the actual CD.

This thread's about the damn CD set not some book.

I see KM is being his usual pessimistic self.

Well, Neil, seeing as this thread is about "The 30th Anniversary Collectors Edition set" I figured I'd answer Pieter when he asked.

I responded to it by saying I wasn't sure, that I'd heard nothing and it was interesting that it seems to be a dud before it even goes out.

So yes, even though someone did post when it was out, Pieter asked if it was out yet... And yes, even though I could easily have looked it up, I responded that I wasn't sure because frankly, I could care less and it wasn't worth the effort of looking again

That is what I'm "going on about."

I'm sure there's been a couple of people.

I'd rather spend $90 on other CD's.

I'd rather spend $90 on a ticket to see the Britney Spears InFATuation Tour than another release of the same damn masters and four new stickers.

I'm sure there's been a couple of people.

I'd rather spend $90 on other CD's.

I'd rather spend $90 on a ticket to see the Britney Spears InFATuation Tour than another release of the same damn masters and four new stickers.

Let's not get carried away, I'd rather spend $90 on fine wine than watch a train wreck.

Well I acquired this and here's the facts, just to lay 'em down for anyone who's thinking there must be something different with this release.

The packaging is terrible. Each disc comes in a sleeve (so that that disc gets scratched up from repeated pulling in and out). The sleeves were made to look like the original LPs for each movie. This actually got me somewhat excited, because they list the tracklisting of the original LPs too. I mean, at least having that would be a little interesting since I own the previous releases. I stuck the CDs in and no dice, they're the same 2-Disc releases that have been around for years (this being the third release of them?).

The Corellian edition, as someone else mentioned, is basically just a bad list of various songs from the saga with a touch of reverb. Useless, especially in this set.

The CD-ROM contains pictures and some notes. No, you don't get the liner notes that would have made sense to include in this edition, seeing as how it was absent from the last. I think there's about 30 pictures with notes in all. And that's it.

Oh, the stickers. The stickers are the covers from the last re-release of these CDs. I'd like to think they threw them in there to remind all the idiots who've purchased these CDs before.

So it's exactly what it looks like and what everyone has been saying. Shit. Complete shit.

Sound quality's the same and no, I'm NOT stupid enough to pay $90 for it.

But thanks for the vote of confidence guys.

*Apparently, I am stupid enough to forget to put the word "not" in the sentence. Sheesh . . .

Now they'll conclude from that that nobody is interested in SW music anymore

That's what I am afraid of. ;)

If they manage to conclude that without factoring in the number of identical releases this music has had, they're not just stupid, they're mind-bogglingly retarded.

I'm probably going to get the Star Wars Vault for Christmas. Does anybody have it yet? How is it?

I bought it at a book sale brand new about two weeks before it hit stores for $30. That's less than the $60 cover price, less than the $85 listed at Barnes and Noble.

It's not bad. I admit I read it more before buying than since because I just haven't made the time to do so. I figure I'll sit down soon when I clear off some table space. It is a big, awkward, heavy book. It's got a lot of interesting information and stories to read, eye candy in all the pictures celebrating the movies, and then there's the goodies you can remove from the book, like stickers, cardboard things to fold, mini-books, iron on transfers, replica tickets, etc.

The reason I got it at reduced price, I think, is because it didn't come with the outer box and 2 CDs that the full retail would:

"Two Audio CDs... containing vintage radio ads, original cast interviews, George Lucas' commentary, and even Carrie Fisher singing in the Star Wars Holiday Special."

Hmmmm. For the $50 I saved, I think I got a good deal. I've only listened to one of Lucas' DVD commentaries, I don't want to hear any cast interviews or radio ads, and I've got the Boba Fett cartoon from the Holiday Special. That's about all I want.

they're the same 2-Disc releases that have been around for years (this being the third release of them?).

Try 5th!

The bookbound editions in '97,

The jewel case editions in '97,

The jewel case editions with the S/E poster art,

The 2004 editions with the DVD art,

And this thing, which sounds even worse than expected. The stickers are the 2004 covers?? :P

I'm probably going to get the Star Wars Vault for Christmas. Does anybody have it yet? How is it?

I bought it at a book sale brand new about two weeks before it hit stores for $30. That's less than the $60 cover price, less than the $85 listed at Barnes and Noble.

It's not bad. I admit I read it more before buying than since because I just haven't made the time to do so. I figure I'll sit down soon when I clear off some table space. It is a big, awkward, heavy book. It's got a lot of interesting information and stories to read, eye candy in all the pictures celebrating the movies, and then there's the goodies you can remove from the book, like stickers, cardboard things to fold, mini-books, iron on transfers, replica tickets, etc.

The reason I got it at reduced price, I think, is because it didn't come with the outer box and 2 CDs that the full retail would:

"Two Audio CDs... containing vintage radio ads, original cast interviews, George Lucas' commentary, and even Carrie Fisher singing in the Star Wars Holiday Special."

Hmmmm. For the $50 I saved, I think I got a good deal. I've only listened to one of Lucas' DVD commentaries, I don't want to hear any cast interviews or radio ads, and I've got the Boba Fett cartoon from the Holiday Special. That's about all I want.

Thanks for the information, but we're talking about the CD set... NOT the book... although some are talking about it... it's not what we're talking about it...

I'm tempted to get the book but I'd have to get the CD's too lol...

As for the soundtrack set, I will never buy it lol... and I hope to god NO one buys it for me...