Which directors?

Josh500

Which directors do you want to see working with JW in the future??? It has to be someone who has never had that honor before!!!

My top 3:

1. James Cameron

2. Peter Jackson

3. Tim Burton

:unsure:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Yates ;-)

Hmm....Ridley Scott for the visual bigness. Except for Blade Runner.

George Lucas 'cause he's a cheapskate and his movies could do with some good music.

Anybody Zimmer ever woked with, because they desperately need to see the light.

Takeshi Kitano, because that would be plain interesting.

And I would SO like to see some animated/CG movie scored by Williams, so, for lack of a more generalizing name, John Lasseter.

Mr. CEO of Disney

Tim Burton, but I think Elfman does those movies pretty good, so maybe not

Peter Jackson, because he just rocks

If Shore isn't used to score the Hobbit, then whoever is directing it.

Whoever directs Deathly Hallows

Ron Howard

Whoever directs National Treasure 2.

John Williams isn't a very versatile composer when it comes to directors. He needs someone who can match his talent. Don't forget he only does films that he thinks will be successful.

I would love for him to build up on previous collaborations, instead of being 90% Steven Spielberg.

My absolute wish, though, is for him to score an animated movie and a video game. Medal Of Honor may have been his only chance, but then again, if he did than Michael Giacchino wouldn't be who he is today. As for the animated movie, maybe something by DreamWorks, but those are always Hans Zimmer & Co. Maybe Bee Movie, although that opportunity has passed.

Larry Charles (Borat/Curb Your Enthusiasm - merging improv film making with tight scoring in post would make a different type of film)

Quentin Tarantino (I'd like to hear a no needle-drop Tarantino movie score - maybe Earthquake influenced)

Roman Polanski (Great broad pacing and plenty of room for music - interesting cinematography - JW could elevate Polanski's films)

Because, that's what makes him so great--his variety. I'm not saying it would be the best listening experiance, but it would fit the video game perfectly, like all his other work.

John Waters.
I can imagine the CD track titles:

"Transvestite eats dog sh*t"

"Man pees on road"

"Drunk pensioner vomits"

Williams could write anything good.
Have you HEARD "America: The Dream Goes On"?

"America: The Dream Goes On" is a John Williams fan's worst nightmare.

Still, if we take away the godawful text and the godawful title, it's well-written music. The theme has a nice enough camp-fire americana to it.

Remove James Ingram, insert a solo harmonica, and substitute choir with various orchestral tuttis, and it's really quite...nice.

I would like to see Williams scoring to the Renny Harlin's sequel for the Adventures of Ford Fairlane.

I think one goal in every composers career is to never score a Renny Harlin film. I mean come on: The Covenant, Deep Blue Sea, Mindhunters, Exorcist: The Beginning, A Nightmare On Elm Street 4? All very very extremely bad movies. It appears his favorite composer would be Trevor Rabin.

He has never written dynamically adapting music. I doubt it would fit his writing style - which is why I don't think he's even remotely interested in it.

Shore's SUN was not dynamically adapting. Not all games request or need that.

He has never written dynamically adapting music. I doubt it would fit his writing style - which is why I don't think he's even remotely interested in it.

Yeah, I could see a scenario where Williams handled cutscenes while a "proper" game composer took care of the in-game BGM. But no game company would fork out the fee that Williams commands for so little output. And as Marian said, it's probably never crossed his mind. He probably thinks video games are still like Donkey Kong or Pac Man.

Shore's SUN was not dynamically adapting.

Ok, I have that somewhere, but haven't listened to it yet. I admit I was over-generalising.

Not all games request or need that.

True. Chris' score for my game isn't adaptive other than the fact that most cues are looped and the downloadable versions have a mini coda instead. But I guess most bigger games these days (which is what big composers get hired for) demand a more flexible score. Probably not all though.

Am I the only one who wants to hear a JW score for a David Fincher film.

That, is a match made in heaven. Each time a project doesnt work out, an angel dies and falls from heaven.

Yeah, I could see a scenario where Williams handled cutscenes while a "proper" game composer took care of the in-game BGM. But no game company would fork out the fee that Williams commands for so little output. And as Marian said, it's probably never crossed his mind. He probably thinks video games are still like Donkey Kong or Pac Man.

I think Williams could handle another video game. He did a pretty robust job with Revenge of the Sith, after all (Attack of the Clones was his first foray into the genre, so it's understandable that he wasn't able to write the dynamically adapting music needed for the final battle sequences).