• May It Be
    • Gollum's Song
    • Into the West

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Use Well the Days? I like that one the most of all the songs, even though it wasn't in one of the movies.

What's Use Well the Days? At any rate, the reason other songs weren't included is that it's a poll on the songs that open the end credits of each movie.

I voted Gollum's Song. Not only do I like it, but it seems the most integrated into the sound of the music of the movies, to me. Sure, the Into the West melody was used in the score, but the song itself (I agree) sounded too contemporary. May It Be is okay, but not my favorite.

Use Well the Days was the song Shore originally wrote for Annie Lennox. They recorded it but in the end they came up with Into the West and decided to go with that. Use Well the Days was included on the special edition soundtrack of RotK.

Gollum, easily. It's like a brilliantly twisted Bond song. Into the West is wonderful as well, but derives its impact more from the story than just the music (and lyrics) on its own. I like the Enya song, but it's nothing too special.

Just because it's orchestral and evil-sounding doesn't mean it's better.

Thanks for simplifying my opinion.

Actually it's the combination of the menacing & soulless melody with the tragic, desperate lyrics in Gollums Song that seals the deal for me. Lyrics don't usually play a major role in my liking or disliking of a song/piece but I absolutely love these lyrics. Oh, and Torrini's haunting vocals send chills down my spine.

"May it Be" could have come from any Enya album. It's not in any way bad, it just does nothing for me.

I haven't heard Use Well the Days, unfortunately.

Does anyone know if it will be on the CR (I would assume so, but perhaps it's going to end up on that rarities disc)?

On Amazon, it say there will be a song called Days of the Ring, with Annie Lennox. Not sure if this is the same thing or not.

On a different note, I'm pleasantly suprised to see how close the voting is. I assumed everybody would vote for Into the West, but I was defenetly wrong. It makes for a much more interesting vote. :)

I'm not a huge fan of Annie Lennox's voice, so I never cared for INTO THE WEST until I heard it in concert, sung by Sissel. That was amazing!

I haven't heard Use Well the Days, unfortunately.

Does anyone know if it will be on the CR (I would assume so, but perhaps it's going to end up on that rarities disc)?

On Amazon, it say there will be a song called Days of the Ring, with Annie Lennox. Not sure if this is the same thing or not.

On a different note, I'm pleasantly suprised to see how close the voting is. I assumed everybody would vote for Into the West, but I was defenetly wrong. It makes for a much more interesting vote. :)

Days of the Ring is just the end credits from the film, the Annie Lennox piece in it is Into the West. Use Well The Days will most likely be on the rarities disc.