Man, my heart almost stopped!

Josh500

Man, I read Indiana Jones Complete Scores on the Main Page and my heart almost stopped! Then I read "campaign" and started laughing.

Those of you who haven't signed it yet, what are you waiting for?

I think we need at least 100,000 signatures until someone at Lucasfilm, Ltd. takes notice. :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need at least 100,000 signatures until someone at Lucasfilm, Ltd. takes notice. :lol:

And then 100,000 more for him to not shrug it off until five seconds later.

Do you guys realize what you're asking for? You're going to get something like "The Phantom Menace: Special Edition."

I'd love to have everything from "Temple of Doom," but will it be worth it?

Do you guys realize what you're asking for? You're going to get something like "The Phantom Menace: Special Edition."

I don't think so. They won't make that mistake again.

At least I hope not.

I'm signature number 28.

On which list? There are 3 different lists with the same petition, I believe.

What mistake?

The TPM UE sold rather well, according to Ford A. Thaxton.

The key word here is "rather."

I think it has come to the attention of Lucasfilm, Ltd. that many people were not happy with this release.

Lucasfilm did not sell this release, Sony Classical did.

Shows you how much you know.....

Who said that Lucasfilm released the UE? Shows you that it pays to be able to read. :lol:

Better than nothing.

Why go for anything less then perfection?

The LOTR CR's have shown the way it should be done!

Even though I'm not biggest fan of the music, those editions have set the quality standard.

Actually, the ToD isolated score would be nearly unedited and complete. TPM marked the first time music in a Lucas film was used so incorrectly and edited so heavily. It only got worse from there! Back to locked prints and the traditional post production schedule.

Actually, the ToD isolated score would be nearly unedited and complete. TPM marked the first time music in a Lucas film was used so incorrectly and edited so heavily. It only got worse from there! Back to locked prints and the traditional post production schedule.

ESB and ROTJ are full of edits.

Indeed they are. But ToD has the benefit of being a Spielberg film. The only major edit I can think of that we know of from the OST is the middle section of Mine Car Chase being dialed out.

ESB and ROTJ are full of edits.

Not to the extent of TPM, and not extensive micro edits. The originals only had a couple tracking moments each,while extended sequences are completely retracked in the prequels.

But let's not wish for an isolated version of Temple Of Doom.

We want a complete edition done like the RCA Star Wars special editions.

Let's just stop this talk about a TOD UE ok?

I surprised myself by signing it!

Normally I consider online petitions to be complete wastes of time, but the letter I liked the letter so much I just had to sign it.

Incidentally, is there anyway to verify the signature are real people?

That's one of the problems I see with such petitions, they could all be faked, couldn't they?

I don't know, maybe their are safeguards to stop multiple signatures from the one computer, but then that would stop different people from signing from the same computer.

Just some thoughts, not about the subject, I'm all for it, but about the method.

Despite its flaws and not being what Sony said it was, TPM: UE is still a very cool release with WAY more music available then the OST. I know this won't make me more popular here, but I think that AOTC and ROTS did not have complete scores because of all the flack that a large portion of the film score community gave Sony/Lucasfilm after TPM: UE. It's their revenge. We complain and they say screw you, no more expanded/complete releases then. What kind of logic is it to hate on people to get them to do what you want?

As far as the last two Star Wars and last two Indy films, I'd be thrilled with even expanded versions like with Raiders. 12 minutes missing? Wah, wah, cry about it. Even a little more is better than nothing! Not all of us know how to rip music from DVDs, and some of us like the sound and even inserts of a quality official release.

I try to be grateful of what I've been given, instead of negative about what I don't have. Sure, I would love absolutely complete and un-edited Star Wars and Indy scores, but I'll take whatever I can get. Thank you very much. :)

As far as the last two Star Wars and last two Indy films, I'd be thrilled with even expanded versions like with Raiders. 12 minutes missing? Wah, wah, cry about it. Even a little more is better than nothing! Not all of us know how to rip music from DVDs, and some of us like the sound and even inserts of a quality official release.

I try to be grateful of what I've been given, instead of negative about what I don't have. Sure, I would love absolutely complete and un-edited Star Wars and Indy scores, but I'll take whatever I can get. Thank you very much. :)

Nicley said! Best words typed in this entire thread.

I know this won't make me more popular here, but I think that AOTC and ROTS did not have complete scores because of all the flack that a large portion of the film score community gave Sony/Lucasfilm after TPM: UE. It's their revenge. We complain and they say screw you, no more expanded/complete releases then. What kind of logic is it to hate on people to get them to do what you want?

I can't imagine a company acting so immaturely. Yeah it was slagged off, but people still bought it.

And the complaints were legitimate, I'd stake my life on my belief that Williams would have prefered to release complete cues rather than chopped up disjointed ones.

When company's receive complaints, they don't get offended like a two year old would. They'd investigate and if they compared the product to the original Star Wars sets, then yes, they could only come to the conclusion that what they released for Phantom wasn't ecxactly what fans had asked for.

The other side of the coin is the complaints showed how much people care about the music.

I agree, there are many positives in the set. It's far preferable to no release at all, but a release more consistant with how other expanded scores were done, is more preferable.

Can open, worms everywhere...

Well put, Chandler! :) - love that episode!

And back to topic, this isn't going to change the mindset of the powers that be. But sure, what the hell!!!!

Despite its flaws and not being what Sony said it was, TPM: UE is still a very cool release with WAY more music available then the OST. I know this won't make me more popular here, but I think that AOTC and ROTS did not have complete scores because of all the flack that a large portion of the film score community gave Sony/Lucasfilm after TPM: UE. It's their revenge. We complain and they say screw you, no more expanded/complete releases then. What kind of logic is it to hate on people to get them to do what you want?

Yeah, well said. Exactly the way I feel.

I know this won't make me more popular here, but I think that AOTC and ROTS did not have complete scores because of all the flack that a large portion of the film score community gave Sony/Lucasfilm after TPM: UE. It's their revenge. We complain and they say screw you, no more expanded/complete releases then. What kind of logic is it to hate on people to get them to do what you want?

I can't imagine a company acting so immaturely. Yeah it was slagged off, but people still bought it.

And the complaints were legitimate, I'd stake my life on my belief that Williams would have prefered to release complete cues rather than chopped up disjointed ones.

When company's receive complaints, they don't get offended like a two year old would. They'd investigate and if they compared the product to the original Star Wars sets, then yes, they could only come to the conclusion that what they released for Phantom wasn't ecxactly what fans had asked for.

You say company. But there are still people behind it, you know, who make decisions. And if those people just happen to be immature and decide to act tantrummy . . . ?

You say company. But there are still people behind it, you know, who make decisions. And if those people just happen to be immature and decide to act tantrummy . . . ?

And come to a decision to NOT make money?

How much did you donate?

You don't have to donate anything to sign.

I'm very surprised that most people here think these petitions will work. They never seem to.

Perhaps not, but what can it hurt?