Worst JWFan at JWFan?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In you opinion, who is the worst JWFan here at JWFan.com?

I vote for myself, you probably don't want to know why. I'd get crucified.

Don't worry about explaining; the reasons are clear to us!

With all do respect Koray... You've already crucified yourself by creating this thread. :blink:

You killed Jesus!?!?!

Just say who you think is the worst!

I pick me, cause... well I'll get into that later...

You could just press the plunger and blow this place up now.

I mean seriously, nothing good can come from this thread - unless you pick yourself because you've been secretly harbouring the complete Indy trilogy for the last year.

the real Weebo for really sticking it to alot of posters in the trade department.

I would say that anybody who couldn't remember a major theme from a major film written by JW.

So that would make...John Williams.

Just say who you think is the worst!

I pick me, cause... well I'll get into that later...

You could just press the plunger and blow this place up now.

I mean seriously, nothing good can come from this thread - unless you pick yourself because you've been secretly harbouring the complete Indy trilogy for the last year.

...Or the someone who has the leaked score of KOTCS and hasn't brought this to our attention.

Ted

Harboring complete scores? Pff, I wish it weren't that bad.

O.K. So, I like the idea of buying a score, listening to it all first, then relistening to your favorite tracks. I support this idea, I like to perform it myself. But say, there is so much underscore or uninteresting pieces that you just don't want to listen to? Hmm, well... I've never listened to probably a lot of JW scores in full. Star Wars and Indy are major ones where I'll just listen to the themes are blow off anything else. I've probably never heard anything on the 2nd discs of the Star Wars Trilogy box set.

Let the crucifying begin...

the real Weebo for really sticking it to alot of posters in the trade department.

Without him we wouldn'thave the AI promo, though.

-Chris, who's a bit ashamed he created a "JWFAN of the year" badge for Weebo back then...

i agree

All right, I admit it: I've never actually listened to a single note of John Williams's music. I've been faking it all along to impress women. Crucify me.

or the leaked AOTC score one month before release... (to some a crime beyond redeption i suppose)

I think i remember something that he had to sell all his collection because his wife had had an accident or something. Was that real?

-Chris, who's a bit ashamed he created a "JWFAN of the year" badge for Weebo back then...

ooohhhh you didn't, how sad

Harboring complete scores? Pff, I wish it weren't that bad.

O.K. So, I like the idea of buying a score, listening to it all first, then relistening to your favorite tracks. I support this idea, I like to perform it myself. But say, there is so much underscore or uninteresting pieces that you just don't want to listen to? Hmm, well... I've never listened to probably a lot of JW scores in full. Star Wars and Indy are major ones where I'll just listen to the themes are blow off anything else. I've probably never heard anything on the 2nd discs of the Star Wars Trilogy box set.

Let the crucifying begin...

Makes me want to do terrible things to you with a cheese grader! :blink:

Dr._Hobgood

I sort of know what you mean. Relistening to scores, I often skip over the boring bits. But I must say, for Indy, I enjoy every second of the OSTs, you should definetly listen to the entire thing.

For SW, if you're talking about the SE, then these are the best of what you're missing:

Star Wars:

"Princess Leia's Theme"

"Shootout in the Cell Bay/Dianoga"

"BEN KENOBI'S DEATH/TIE FIGHTER ATTACK"

"The Battle of Yavin"

"THE THRONE ROOM/END TITLE"

ESB:

"THE IMPERIAL MARCH"

"Yoda's Theme"

"Lando's Palace"

"Betrayal at Bespin"

"Carbon Freeze"

"THE CLASH OF LIGTHSABERS"

"THE REBEL FLEET/END TITLE"

RotJ:

"Parade of Ewoks"

"Luke and Leia"

"THE BATTLE OF ENDOR I"

"THE BATTLE OF ENDOR II"

"The Battle of Endor III"

"VICTORY CELEBRATION/END TITLE"

"THE FOREST BATTLE"

Definetly give all of these a listen, especially the ones in caps.

Thanks for the list :blink:

Wake me when someone gives a legit reason for being the worst here.

Mark, did you not read my reason? I'm not just talking about skipping over underscore when re-listening, I'm saying I never listened to all of Star Wars in the first place!

Thanks for the list :lol:
Wake me when someone gives a legit reason for being the worst here.

Mark, did you not read my reason? I'm not just talking about skipping over underscore when re-listening, I'm saying I never listened to all of Star Wars in the first place!

That is pretty f---ing weird for an alleged JW fan. Really, that's pretty weird for any alleged film music fan. It's like being a Shakespeare fan and never having read/seen Hamlet.

Wait . . .

Please tell me you've at least seen Star Wars . . .

Hm let me guess... the major part of your Williams Collection consists of mp3s illegally downloaded from some p2p network or something!!

:lol:

Hm let me guess... the major part of your Williams Collection consists of mp3s illegally downloaded from some p2p network or something!!

:lol:

Of course, he spends all his money on RC score-makers (save for Zimmer which I listen to myself :P).

That is pretty f---ing weird for an alleged JW fan. Really, that's pretty weird for any alleged film music fan. It's like being a Shakespeare fan and never having read/seen Hamlet.

Who's Shakespeare? Is she as good a writer as J. K. Rowling?

He's a fictional character from 1998 box office smash-hit starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Joseph Fiennes. Haven't you watched that?

When is this thread turn into something worth reading?

Probably never.

Well I found the insider story about Williams Ross' Involvement on COS very interesting... you know that guy who is very good frind of ross..

Probably never.

Well I found the insider story about Williams Ross' Involvement on COS very interesting... you know that guy who is very good frind of ross..

You mean William Ross, the guy who wrote most of the music for CoS ;)

Probably never.

You mean William Ross, the guy who wrote most of the music for CoS ;)

Ken thorne also wrote all the music in superman II. he took a pencil and blank paper and the complete score of superman and transcribed, arranged and adapted everything he wanted.

He did some source music ans small cues on his own, but williams has never took credit for that...

Oh... *shudder*

He's a fictional character from 1998 box office smash-hit starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Joseph Fiennes. Haven't you watched that?

Or a feminine pirate played by Robert De Niro. Take your pick.

shakespear is a writer that strikes fear into the heart of school children, and its easy to understand why, his english makes little sense, and its a chore to understand it. It is in many ways like reading a book in a foreign language that you have only partial understanding of. Often his work is satirical, but to understand satire it helps to understand what is being saterized.

Thats why I like the No Fear Shakespear books, they make understanding Shakespear, if not fun, at least much less difficult and in that respect more enjoyable.

I'd nominate myself, but I'm too busy lurking, waiting for Indy 4 to leak.

I think we have a winner. Look at the Member No. Post Count ratio!

Rubbish! ;)

Easy. Justin, because he dissapeared long ago. Either he joined some elite squad or was eaten by a shark.

If it is the later, then it's hardly his fault that he can't visit anymore (but I hope he died to a cue from Jaws).