Man Of Steel (2013 Superman reboot directed by Zack Snyder)

Luke Skywalker

Bay uses that 1 second scene, 2 second scene, 3 second scen, 2 second scene, 1 second scene format. Not all movie goers have AHHD.

His 3 second scenes are like sweeping vistas for him and a hiccup for other directors.

The only Bay film I can clearly remember is The Rock, and I still remember years later that I found some action sequences to be very confusing.

I also remember Armageddon but that thing is just unsufferable.

Well if the Transformers 3 which apparently has a 45 minute end battle is full of 3 second cuts, then it must be hell to try to watch it. I quit watching those films after the first one as my Michael Bay quota was very full at that point for years to come.

I love the cheesy ID4......watch it every year!

I watched it the night before last. Good old reruns. Parts of that score are fantastic. Other times it's a bit dated, musically.

I watched it the night before last. Good old reruns. Parts of that score are fantastic. Other times it's a bit dated, musically.

What parts?

Meh, ID4 is a less amusing version of Mars Attacks. :P

I love Mars Attacks!

Funny. When I first saw the movie, I was like Wow! about the music. Heard it after a couple of days again I found it dated! Of course hated the movie.

The first Transformers bores the living crap out of me, and the second one is one of the worst things I've ever paid money to see... but somehow I liked the third one. Still not sure how that happened.

Same here. I think Bay, since he was forced into shooting most of the film in 3D, had to properly cut and shoot the movie and not frenetically cut like he did with the first two TF movies. The siege on Chicago is magnificent, drawn-out, and over blown.... classic Bay stuff.

Of course, I watch it dubbed in French or Spanish so I won't have to listen to Shia's screechy voice or Rosie Whiteley's flat line readings either. Much more entertaining that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Armageddon is definitely a guilty pleasure for me. Plus, it came out the year I graduated from high school and it brings back fond memories.

And I LOVE Independence Day.

ID4 is one of the best summer blockbusters ever.

100% Truth.

I remember the build up that summer:

"On July 2, they came..."

"On July 3, they attacked..."

"On July 4, we fight back."

Then they shouldn't peddle it under the Superman name. Nah, that won't happen here.

Is the budget astronomical? That'll be a sure way of finding out what sort of risks they're willing to take with the franchise and legacy.

Then they shouldn't peddle it under the Superman name. Nah, that won't happen here.

Is the budget astronomical? That'll be a sure way of finding out what sort of risks they're willing to take with the franchise and legacy.

When WB was pondering whether to do a SR sequel, they wanted to reduce the budget down to $150M-$175M. When they decided to reboot and get Nolan and Snyder in on it, it probably went up $20M-$30M.

But Snyder knows the score, he likes to get the final film on budget and on time. MOS will probably be in the $180M-200M range (minus P&A costs) when all is said and done with.

Superman can be a brooding beastly god of a man and yet care deeply for humankind. The trick is to juxtapose the dark with beaming light. That is my hope.

Batman is dark in a gothic, literal sense. Quite different to Snyder's Superman, fingers crossed.

I want Superman to represent the best in humanity - maybe to the point that his "pedestal" is unattainable.

As a kid, I thought about what it would be like to be Superman, but I don't know that I want him to be a regular person with great real struggles. I want him to do the right thing simply because it is the right thing.

I want Superman to be this idealistic figure - someone who IS better - not just more powerful - but actually a better person.

I guess we will see though. In spite of Snyder, I am very cautiously, slightly optimistic.

you mean against everything superman is?

They just want to update the view from the forties to a more relatable character today.

Just create a new superhero. :/

They believe Supes deserves another chance. They think he still might be relevant today and that, as a movie character, he's not dead yet (he will be if this movie fails too) .

Alex

I want Superman to represent the best in humanity - maybe to the point that his "pedestal" is unattainable.

As a kid, I thought about what it would be like to be Superman, but I don't know that I want him to be a regular person with great real struggles. I want him to do the right thing simply because it is the right thing.

I want Superman to be this idealistic figure - someone who IS better - not just more powerful - but actually a better person.

I guess we will see though. In spite of Snyder, I am very cautiously, slightly optimistic.

They already said "No more Mr. Big Blue Boy Scout".

Man Of Steel will be the Wrath Of Khan of this franchise!

WB are hoping that the film will do Batman money, but I'm afraid the Superman character is already dead in the heart of many ticket buyers. You can feel it when roaming the net.

i think they say these things but in the end Superman may not be all that changed in personality...

The score may even have a 'familiar' sounding ostinato (in power anthem version).

They just want to overhype with the batman 'appeal'

They already said "No more Mr. Big Blue Boy Scout".

Man Of Steel will be the Wrath Of Khan of this franchise!

WB are hoping that the film will do Batman money, but I'm afraid the Superman character is already dead in the heart of many ticket buyers. You can feel it when roaming the net.

I know they said the big blue boy scout was gone...doesn't mean I like that idea. :)

I think you might be right about the Superman character being dead to some people. Superman (to me) is a very nostalgic character and one that can't be flippantly modernized. I'd kill for them to do it as a 1940's period piece.

Still, I really hope this movie works well. I want it to succeed. Superman is one of the greatest characters ever created and I want him to live on.

And no "Man of Stell" to watch in theatre for me...

You know what ? I am happy enough with Superman the movie and Superman 2, as if I would have liked to see the film as it was intended to by on 80, at that time some journalists pointed that the movie should have been a 3 hours epic film, but for money reason the producers cut in two parts.. So the french joke was to title the film Super Manne ( super profit ) ...

I am a dreamer and I still believe on a possibility for Michael Thau to reconsider a montage with new music to rescore what should have been in the canon of the "empire strikes back".

Hey , imagine Zod theme, the big fight in Metropolis( sounding like desert chase/ asteroid fields ), the Father an Son repowering scene ( sounding as Hans Solo returns/ the map room down ) with John Williams at the baton.