Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

it's false info

Okay, but this is also the website that elsewhere states that the boxed set will be eight discs. On the page linked by Mark, it says five.

Sorry, but until I see something else from Concord (no matter how poorly written), I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Well, some DVDs offer a second disc with the complete film in a non-encrypted digital file format for playing on a computer, saving users the time needed to rip and convert it themselves. Perhaps the mysterious 8th Indiana Jones disc will be a data CD that contains the contents of the previous seven discs in high-quality non-DRM MP3 file format?

I'd suggest it'd be a DVD with the complete representation of the four scores on DVD audio like that which came with each of the TLOTR CR's, but I don't think a single DVD could hold all that music. Well, ROTK CR was four discs, so a single DVD could hold all four movies' single disc expanded versions, but that'd still be six discs with the interview CD, so I'd rule this out as purely talking out my @$$.

Stefan, now you pay attention. Isn't it obvious that both my suggestions make absolutely no sense, meaning I clearly know these are not going to be 8 disc sets. Anytime someone admits they are talking out their @$$, please humor them.

what makes you say that with utter certainty? what piece of info do you have that the rest of us don't ,except Concord's very vague mention of a 4 disk set a few months ago.

It based on what information we've been given and the fact that pre-release listings are often incorrect. Add to that the fact that Concord is not a specialty label like Varese, Intrada or FSM. Add to that the fact that this is Lucasfilm property we are dealing with here and he doesn't just release things one time, we aren't going to get every last note of music the first time around.

It is not utter certainty, anything is possible and the more music the better. But there really is no reason to believe that this set will be anything more than 4 discs plus the interview disc. The only question at this point is what will be included on those four discs and what will be left off. With about two months to go until release date, the number of discs has surely been decided and work on the set has been more or less finished.

Edit: Now its been changed from 8CDs to 5CDs, meaning they know as much, or less, than we do.

That much is certain.

How's this for the ultimate geek bedwetting dream?

In 1999, my college had an Episode I Racer video game contest (either PC or PS1, not sure), and the grand prize was the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD. Um, yeah, which is great because that didn't come out legally until 2004.

I wasn't picking on you.

This thread has reached a point where nothing productive will come out of it until a track listing or number of discs are made available.

I think there's just nothing else going on in the world of soundtracks or John Williams that we are compelled to bite off first our fingernails in anticipation of this release, followed by our fingers themselves. This is like turning on the news and the top story is what happened to Paris Hilton: there's nothing else going on. I know there's plenty going on in the real world, but this message board is not the real world.

Unless this thread becomes locked, it could easily grow to 90 posts by the time the soundtracks are actually released, or learn anything more about them. And if you lock it, someone will just make another one.

yeah,but it suddenly hit my conciousness that we might be disappointed by a 1 disk Last Crusade. With all the 2 disks sets of lesser scores beeing released left and right ,we still get a "compromise" release ...Better than the kick in the as*,but why can't they just do it right

Now it says 0 CDs.

I sure hope *that's* not accurate.

Yeah it wasn't a good idea to put made up info about the release on the internet.

Especially with the rabid fans we have here. ;)

you know it's not the only great track missing from LC

Definitely. But that cue is my main priority of the entire expanded project.

The full opening train sequence and the music on the sea vessel follow behind.

Now it says 0 CDs.

I sure hope *that's* not accurate.

That is accurate. The set will now be an iTunes US exclusive set. The files will be 128kbps and feature Apple's DRM.

Neil

Yes, Mark, I changed my post. Stefan was obvious not in a joking mode, so I did not think another post stabbing fun at him was really required.

What's sad is when you have a soundtrack released that's missing a lot of music, then you get a fair-to-good quality boot that adds most if not all of the missing stuff (like Last Crusade), and then you get an expanded legitimate soundtrack release that doesn't have as much music as the bootleg did. It'll bring a letdown.

Yes, Mark, I changed my post. Stefan was obvious not in a joking mode, so I did not think another post stabbing fun at him was really required.

You honor me. I thank you.

But, The Last Crusade is not a fair-to-good quality boot.

It's sounds like a dog choking on chicken bones.

Agreed, but after a while, I tend to ignore the sound quality. If the music is not available by any other source, I can make myself ignore such problems. My biggest issue with The Last Crusade boot is that when I acquired it in the early days of this board, before I was a member, and combined it with the OST (which I do own), I burned it to two discs (split after Belly of the Steel Beast) and deleted the original MP3 files. Somehow disc 2 and the second half of disc 1 got scratched, and so when I ripped them back, they have this massive warbling fan-like sounds beneath the music, including the OST tracks. Grrrrrr. I did rip the Youtube files, which won't sound much better but can't sound worse, but all personal Indy projects are on hold until 11/11.

What's really noticeable is the boot I made of Hook, when I stitched together both parts of The Ultimate War to make a 23 or so minute supertrack. At the end of the OST track, the quality dips by about 90%, but after a while I just get used to it. Only when the alternative is nothing will I forsake quality for quantity.

I wish Williams had the kind of backstage following that Goldsmith did, when we got the really high quality boots of First Knight and Star Trek 8, 9, and 10.

If Concord comes through for us with Indiana Jones, I will drink nothing but concord grape juice for a week as tribute to their awesomeness. If not, I will drown my sadness with barley pop.

Well, some DVDs offer a second disc with the complete film in a non-encrypted digital file format for playing on a computer, saving users the time needed to rip and convert it themselves. Perhaps the mysterious 8th Indiana Jones disc will be a data CD that contains the contents of the previous seven discs in high-quality non-DRM MP3 file format?

I'd suggest it'd be a DVD with the complete representation of the four scores on DVD audio like that which came with each of the TLOTR CR's, but I don't think a single DVD could hold all that music. Well, ROTK CR was four discs, so a single DVD could hold all four movies' single disc expanded versions, but that'd still be six discs with the interview CD, so I'd rule this out as purely talking out my @$.

You watch waaay too much sci-fi, dude. Please get back on Earth.

We waited too many years for such a release like this, and given the fact that Indy's music always had very poor treatment (only one expanded disc out of three movies, and that after 14 years) compared for example to Star Wars' music, that sometimes I still can't believe that finally we'll be getting new music from Temple of Doom and Last Crusade.

So that's why I think it's impossible to get a 2 CDs releases for these two movies. Dreaming is beautiful, but reality is different.

We must be glad that at least we're getting a release like this, no matter what.

I figured that out on page 3 and yet here we are on page 31.

"Thish ish intolerable!"

I don't think I've seen Neil boast about things. Maybe his picture of him at Concord suggests something...or it could be nothing.

I think that pic was taken last spring, Neil was proving Concord existed to some doubters we had here when they were first announced as the new Indy label.

John- who's just read the last three pages and knows no more about the release than before

The great thing about threads like this is that we get just about as many posts talking about how many useless posts there are as actual useless posts.

I think it is just great!