Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

Great news everyone! "The Washington Ending / Raiders March" track is different than the leaked version!!

So then what was leaked was then a testing disc like people have speculated?

Could be that, it could be a homemade fake leak where someone took DCC & OST tracks and combined them with 3 new cues he got from somewhere else. Heck, for all we know the real final disc could have "Through The Wall" on it in the "Indy Rides The Statue" track as well!

The qtl files plays fine in QuickTime.

Could be that, it could be a homemade fake leak where someone took DCC & OST tracks and combined them with 3 new cues he got from somewhere else. Heck, for all we know the real final disc could have "Through The Wall" on it in the "Indy Rides The Statue" track as well!

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. Leaks like this have been known to happen before, especially for expanded scores. You don't know how many times an expanded score has leaked and someone put edited down versions of OST cues and called them "alternates".

Exactly, you need Quick Time Player installed to hear the QTLs. I couldn't get the ASX's to play with anything

Has anyone tried entering all the Concord track titles into URLs to try to find more clips?

M.E., how did you discover these clips?

Judging by my ears for Washington Ending & Raiders March does sound pretty good. Seems more vibrant than the previous version that leaked. The bass seems good too. I've got a pair of Sony MDR-V600 headphones that I listen music with.

Yeah, I probably do need genuine QT. I use MPC with quicktime alternative for most stuff, but does occasionally not work with something. It's worth it though not to have a program that takes over my computer actually installed.

But as long as someone has been able to play them and basically trash our fears over the leaked set, I'm happy!

Great news everyone! "The Washington Ending / Raiders March" track is different than the leaked version!!

Or something someone just made up.

Or something someone just made up.

Right, but if they made it up, then where did they get the 3 new tracks from? They all sounded WAY better than the bootleg versions

Right, but if they made it up, then where did they get the 3 new tracks from? They all sounded WAY better than the bootleg versions

They might have gotten them from someone who has the box set or at least an early version of it and they ripped them at a lower bit rate and re-encoded them to flac. That too has been known to happen before.

They might have gotten them from someone who has the box set or at least an early version of it and they ripped them at a lower bit rate and re-encoded them to flac. That too has been known to happen before.

Didn't someone in the thread here analyze them and find out that the new tracks had MORE dynamic range than the tracks that were also on the DCC release?

Why would they put KOCS in the pack if it's not going to be extended, to be honest thats such bull.

I want the KOCS CD to look like this:

DISC 1

1. Opening Logo

2. Nevada, 1957

3. The Spell Of The Skull

4. Warehouse Escape

5. Doom Town

6. Mushroom Cloud

7. Spalko’s Dossier

8. Resignation

9. Photo Of Dad

10. The Legend Of Akator

11. KGB Agents

12. A Whirl Through Academe

13. The Journey To Peru

14. Oxley’s Dilemma

15. The Chauchilla Graveyard

16. Grave Robbers

17. Secret Doors And Scorpions

18. Into The Crypt

19. Orellana's Cradle

20. Saucer Men

DISC 2

21. “Return”

22. Automatic Writing

23. The Snake Pit

24. “They Weren’t You”

25. Jungle Chase, Pt. 1

26. Jungle Chase, Pt. 2

27. Ants!

28. Over The Cliff

29. Three Drops Down

30. The Temple Ruins

31. Ugha Warriors

32. The City Of Gold

33. The Vanishing Stair

34. Hidden Treasure

35. The Throne Chamber

36. Spalko’s Gift

37. The Secret Revealed

38. The Departure

39. “Knowledge Was Their Treasure”

40. Finale

Do we really have to start another petition for this? Come on!

Why would they put KOCS in the pack if it's not going to be extended, to be honest thats such bull.

It would be much more expensive for them to expand KOCS in this box set than the original trilogy. I'm sure in 20+ years we'll get expanded KOCS.

Why not?

No reason not to. they presumably already have a ton of them. No reason not to throw 'em in.

Concord gave us 77 freakin minutes of music for KOTCS which is more than any of the other three films received upon their original soundtrack releases.

Plus the re-use fees on an expanded KOTCS would probably negate the box's low cost.

Folks I would wait until you have the box set in your hands and are a 100% sure everything is ok before you get rid of the DCC or any other version of the IJ scores you have.

So what's being said? Does the KOTCS DVD have music featured prominently in such a way that it's relatively easy to make a quality extended soundtrack?

If so, maybe I should rethink my stance on not waiting to buy the DVD, as I could use a good editing project.

you mean you haven;t figured that out yet? there's an entire thread on the topic. Not rear channel rips, isolated music in front channels

I'm not suggesting the DCC's consigned immediately to the tip. Just that it's looking like it won't be needed. Just like I'm not getting rid of my LC boot until I've had a good listen, so I can determine what I need to keep.

I'm not suggesting the DCC's consigned immediately to the tip. Just that it's looking like it won't be needed. Just like I'm not getting rid of my LC boot until I've had a good listen, so I can determine what I need to keep.

You don't have to wait until the box set comes out to know that the LC boot contains music that won't be in the box set

I probably won't even use cues from the boot. I wouldn't want anything to interfere with the sound quality from the Concord set. I'll put the scores in film order and then put it on my ipod and be done with it.

Yea I think its fairly safe to assume the final disc will not have music missing in Basket Game and Desert Chase

Has anyone tried every Concord track title yet trying to find more clips?

This does sound better than the leaked version. Could they have pulled the October 14 Raiders release to do some fixes?

Neil

Either that or the "leaked version" was never a leak at all, just some fan-made conglomaration

Great news! Both samples sound excellent. "Washington Ending & Raiders March" sounds even sharper than the DCC release. "Keeping Up with the Jones" is also much improved - I'm hearing that classic Williams string sound that seemed to disappear in the late 80s. I always thought that part of Williams's perceived change in style had something to do with the way his scores were being mixed.

And I like that "Raiders March" is mixed directly onto the end of "Washington Ending." I always felt like the music was supposed to flow this way.

And I like that "Raiders March" is mixed directly onto the end of "Washington Ending." I always felt like the music was supposed to flow this way.

I think the DCC version pulled it off the best. In the movie and in the QTL sample, they are pushed together too much, imho. I like being able to hear that final note finish on the DCC, then the Raiders March kicking in right after. Though, since the Concord disc matches match the movie, and I already have the DCC version, I won't complain about this at all.

Through The Wall not being in the "Indy Rides The Statue" track is about the only thing I can complain about, its its really not there.

Heck, for all we know the 10second insert could be added to the beginning of "Escape From The Temple" on the final version too!

I think the DCC version pulled it off the best. In the movie and in the QTL sample, they are pushed together too much, imho. I like being able to hear that final note finish on the DCC, then the Raiders March kicking in right after. Though, since the Concord disc matches match the movie, and I already have the DCC version, I won't complain about this at all.

It's not at all like in the movie. The film omits the last note of "Washington Ending" and crossfades right to the trumpet's entrance in "The Raiders March." It sounds pretty lousy when you listen closely. This new version certainly doesn't omit any music.

By itself, the final note of "Washington Ending" (or "The Warehouse" on DCC) sounds a little empty to me. I think it was designed to be complemented by the first note of "Raiders March."

It's not at all like in the movie. The film omits the last note of "Washington Ending" and crossfades right to the trumpet's entrance in "The Raiders March." It sounds pretty lousy when you listen closely. This new version certainly doesn't omit any music.

By itself, the final note of "Washington Ending" (or "The Warehouse" on DCC) sounds a little empty to me. I think it was designed to be complemented by the first note of "Raiders March."

Ahhhhhhh yes. It's all coming back to me now. You're completely right, the film omits the end of The Warehouse and the beginning of The Raiders March.... I had forgotten! Or blocked it out, and listened to the complete music in my head :rolleyes:

I think I will get used to the Concord version then :thumbup:

Still wish it didn't contain the coda, and that the short Raiders March on disc5 had the coda instead.

I don't know what's going on but people seem happy, so I'm happy. :rolleyes:

If that isn't sarcasm then I don't know what is...go back to page 98 and read M.E. Russel's post.

Just look at all the smilies, Trent. This page is a happy place with great sound quality. :thumbup:

Still wish it didn't contain the coda, and that the short Raiders March on disc5 had the coda instead.

Well, if it's like the DCC release identical recordings will be used. You can just cut and paste the coda however you wish. I personally feel that it's well placed at the end of "Washington Ending & Raiders March" and is a great way to round out the score. I guess the version sans coda would be desirable if you want the score to end the same way ToD and LC do.

Both tracks sounds great on my speakers, even though they're 128kbps AAC files. Raiders has a vibrant, pristine sound and Last Crusade seems to have a rounder, richer mix than the OST.

I guess in few days we'll have track timings and more sound clips available.

OK, so I quickly threw together this... it's all the Concord track titles (minus the KOCS disc and the interview from disc 5), with all characters such as : , ' etc removed, formatted into the URL that the 2 samples we know about are. Let's try to find more! Some might need tweaking, like putting the funky characters back in, etc

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_In_The_Jungle.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Idol_Temple.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Escape_From_The_Temple.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Flight_From_Peru.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Washington_Men_Indys_Home.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_A_Thought_For_Marion_To_Nepal.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Medallion.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Flight_To_Cairo.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Basket_Game.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Bad_Dates.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Map_Room_Dawn.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Reunion_in_The_Tent_Searching_For_The_Well.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Well_Of_The_Souls.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Indy_Rides_The_Statue.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Fist_Fight_The_Flying_Wing.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Desert_Chase.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Marions_Theme_The_Crate.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_German_Sub.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Ride_To_The_Nazi_Hideout.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Indy_Follows_The_Ark.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Miracle_Of_The_Ark.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Washington_Ending_Raiders_March.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Anything_Goes.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Indy_Negotiates.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Nightclub_Brawl.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Fast_Streets_Of_Shanghai.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Map_Out_Of_Fuel.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Slalom_On_Mt_Humol.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Short_Rounds_Theme.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Scroll_To_Pankot_Palace.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Nocturnal_Activities.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Bug_Tunnel_Death_Trap.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Approaching_The_Stones.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Children_in_Chains.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Temple_Of_Doom.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Short_Round_Escapes.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Saving_Willie.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Slave_Childrens_Crusade.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Short_Round_Helps.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Mine_Car_Chase.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Water.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Sword_Trick.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Broken_Bridge_British_Relief.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_End_Credits.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Indys_Very_First_Adventure.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Boat_Scene.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_X_Marks_The_Spot.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Ah_Rats.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Escape_From_Venice.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Journey_To_Austria.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Father_and_Son_Reunited.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Austrian_Way.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Scherzo_For_Motorcycle_and_Orchestra.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Alarm.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_No_Ticket.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Keeping_Up_With_The_Joneses.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_BroTher_Of_The_CruciForm_Sword.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_On_The_Tank.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Belly_Of_The_Steel_Beast.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Canyon_Of_The_Crescent_Moon.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Penitent_Man_Will_Pass.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Keeper_Of_The_Grail.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Finale_End_Credits.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Raiders_March.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Uncovering_The_Ark.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Indy_and_The_Villagers.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Secret_Passage.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Fathers_Study.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Marcus_Is_Captured_To_Berlin.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_To_The_Blimp.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_The_Blimp_Turns_Around.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Death_Of_Kazim.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Wrong_Choice_Right_Choice.qtl

.../audio/qtl/John_Williams_Return_To_The_Village_Raiders_March.qtl

I've all ready tried that myself... I get a 404 error for the others.

Really? I asked twice today if anyone else had done it so that I wouldn't have to do it! lol, oh well

Well for me the only other clip that came up was "Raiders March", but I assume it's the KOCS version and not the disc 5 version (I'm not on a computer with quicktime at this moment)

I've all ready tried that myself... I get a 404 error for the others.

Well for me the only other clip that came up was "Raiders March", but I assume it's the KOCS version and not the disc 5 version (I'm not on a computer with quicktime at this moment)

Yes, it's undoubtedly from this page.

I'm not going to read this entire damn thread to see if these are already linked here, but the following official Concord audio preview streams might be of some interest:

Indiana Jones Soundtrack Audio Streams (two links each; the .qtl ones seem to be working):

“Washington Ending Raiders March” ( .asx ) ( .qtl )

“Keeping Up With The Joneses” ( .asx ) ( .qtl )

"The Adventures of Mutt"

http://www.concordmusicgroup.com/audio/qtl...res_of_Mutt.qtl

Indiana Jones Trilogy Music Video (YouTube)

(YouTube)

Album art, photos, and press release

Wonderful! Thank you M.E. Russell. ;)

Just listened to the tracks. It's really impressive. If a ~134kbps file sounds way better than an full bitrate file from the leaked version, so it has to be good news!!!

Can you imagine "Stealing the Stones" and "The Power of the Grail" sounding just as good???

I'm also happy that apparently ALL tracks will be presented at full dynamic range, not just the unreleased tracks.

Oh, November 11th... ;)

I'm definitely excited about this box set. It'll really give me a chance to get into the Indiana Jones music. I've never cared for it before in the past...but with this set I'm sure my mind will be changed.

I'm definitely excited about this box set. It'll really give me a chance to get into the Indiana Jones music. I've never cared for it before in the past...but with this set I'm sure my mind will be changed.

I'm the same way. I'm using this set as a means to finally get into what people consider the best side of John Williams.

the more I think about it.the more it seems the leaked version could have been a joke . Maybe heavy noise reduction plus other software enhancement was used to clean up the unreleased cues

One thing I just thought about...perhaps this is a case where someone got the unreleased cues from the Concord set, combined them with the OST and leaked them.

Similar has happened to complete bootlegs where OST edits would be in place instead of full unedited cues. It happened to Matrix Reloaded and it took me a while to hunt down the unedited "Bane Transformation" and "Mona Lisa Overdrive" and the missing "Bane Voyage" cues when the score leaked. I think people put those OST edits in there on purpose sometimes with leaks.

I went back through this thread found this on page 85. I thought I did mention the possibility of the Raiders "leak" being a fake. God I hate being right a lot of times.