Intrada's Sept. 23rd Release, Something Special?

Ollie

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest discussion is pointing towards Gremlins by Jerry Goldsmith. I have to admit this does make sense and would be something I'd want and I'm not a huge Goldsmith fan. What would be excellent would be a complete Gremlins collection: complete editions of both Gremlins I & II.

Watch it be something none of us were expecting or a score we forgot about. :)

Just to show you how not paying attention to a thread can cause all kinds of problems, LaLaLand has a release coming September 30th. Over at Intrada's board someone had confused that with Intrada's Sept. 23rd release. I corrected them but the post before someone had guessed Star Trek TMP as the Intrada release and now everyone thinks or is asking me whether or not LaLaLand is releasing TMP. :rolleyes:

Well I can tell you this thread is nowhere near as silly as that one.

I have a slight feeling though, that come Monday people here will probably be disappointed. with the exception of a few of us.

With all the alternates that are available you could easily fill two discs. Plus there are some cues from the film still missing from the official release. But it was Goldsmith who apparently approved what cues were to be included on the 20th Anniversary disc.

Mark O is correct about what's missing. The Stardate cues are not present, the two warp cues aren't present, "Red Alert" (or Meet Vejur), in fact "Total Logic" and "Floating Office" should be two totally seperate cues. On the 20th Anniversary release they cut off the opening for "Floating Office" and had it trailing at the end of "Total Logic". There's other things missing too but I don't remember what it is.

Crap now I'm stumped as to what it could be if Roger shot down Gremlins. Hmmm...Monday is gonna be very interesting indeed.

I have a slight feeling though, that come Monday people here will probably be disappointed. with the exception of a few of us.

I concur.

There aren't that many older scores I'd get too excited about really.

I concur.

I agree with Mark on this matter as well. Depending on which Goldsmith score it is I will most likely pick it up.

I concur.

You have no idea what you are missing.

I don't know, I find it hard to get that excited about a release of an old score we already have a readily accesible release of, no matter how improved/complete the presentation. A score that is not readily accesible, however...that excites me. I'd be far more excited about Masada or even Back to The Future -which is not a score I care about nearly as much as many others do- than I would be Star Trek:TMP.

I don't know, I find it hard to get that excited about a release of an old score we already have a readily accesible release of, no matter how improved/complete the presentation. A score that is not readily accesible, however...that excites me. I'd be far more excited about Masada or even Back to The Future -which is not a score I care about nearly as much as many others do- than I would be Star Trek:TMP.

I'm not talking about Star Trek. I'm sure most people already have the "complete" version that is out already.

I'm talking about older scores that haven't seen a release on CD yet or older CDs that only received a 30 minute release.

I'm not talking aboput Star Trek. I'm sure most people already have the "complete" version that is out already.

I'm talking about older scores that haven't seen a release on CD yet.

Aren't there already about 3 versions of "Complete" TMP out there already in good quality?

I'd rather have something like Star Trek V (if it has to be GOldsmith, since the TNG ones already have expanded or complete releases).

I'd rather have something like Star Trek V (if it has to be GOldsmith, since the TNG ones already have expanded or complete releases).

Yes, it's the only Goldsmith Trek that doesn't have a complete boot out there so I'd want that first before TMP or any other Trek. Even II, which is better overall but doesn't have as many good unreleased cues.

People have been bandying about Arnold's Independence Day. I suddenly had a thought about Tomorrow Never Dies, I suppose that's not a very popular grail item though, since the best cues have already been released (twice).

I am expecting it to be Gremlins!

This thread exhausts me.

Roger Feigelson just shot down the Gremlins guess. So cross that one off your guessing list.

Who's that, someone who works at Intrada?

Even II, which is better overall but doesn't have as many good unreleased cues.

I want Scotty playing "Amazing Grace" on his bagpipes accompanied by Horner's orchestral version.

This thread exhausts me.

Roger Feigelson just shot down the Gremlins guess. So cross that one off your guessing list.

Who's that, someone who works at Intrada?

Yes.

Even II, which is better overall but doesn't have as many good unreleased cues.

I want Scotty playing "Amazing Grace" on his bagpipes accompanied by Horner's orchestral version.

Yes! Man that's a great musical moment. But who are we kidding? It won't be a Trek score.

Hmmm Roger posted some clues for the releases on Monday.

There 2 discs, ones limited to 1000 and one is 5000. One is a 2 disc set and one is a man out of his own time backed by a large orchestra. You have to read further into the thread to find the 2 disc reference.

BUT, acording to what was posted the 2 disc is the 5000 copy disc and the other description is for the 1000 copy disc.....I think...... :)

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph...078&start=0

I am expecting it to be Gremlins!

Gremlins has already been debunked by Roger, he said the rights are a bit tricky on that one. I'm thinking something late 80s, early 90s. In reality none of us will know until Monday. If the 1000 unit one is something future related, maybe the 5000 will be Back to the Future (I don't expect anyone to do BTTF for a thousand units!). A time-travelling themed release could work.

maybe the 5000 will be Back to the Future (I don't expect anyone to do BTTF for a thousand units!). A time-travelling themed release could work.

I don't think you could make a 2CD BTTF unless you include the songs, and I doubt they'll do that (they've already been released and they'd probably mean more license fees).

maybe the 5000 will be Back to the Future (I don't expect anyone to do BTTF for a thousand units!). A time-travelling themed release could work.

I don't think you could make a 2CD BTTF unless you include the songs, and I doubt they'll do that (they've already been released and they'd probably mean more license fees).

Right. The 1000 must be BTTF. I don't think there's enough music to merit a 2-Disc release.

But out of the scores we're talking about, none of them would be more popular than BTTF to merit 5000 CDs. I don't know, I could be wrong, but it will probably be something we've entirely missed.

The announcements I think are generally made about 5 or after 5pm PST. They'll be available for purchase I think that day or the following day, can't remember.

BTW other are right Matty when they say BTTF won't be able to fill up 2-CD's.