I wish...

Jessie Lohner

Because so many people complain here, I've decided to make an "I wish" thread. Tell us all your John Williams-related wishes. In a perfect world, this would happen...

I'll start (and the list is NOT complete!):

1. They will release all 4 scores of the Indiana Jones series COMPLETE. That means, complete like the Complete Star Wars and Superman editions. The speed is correct, the pitch is correct, the sound quality is as good as it can get (which is even better than the Concord editions), and every single recorded cue, whether they were used in the movie or not, is included. To make sure of that, every soundtrack consists of not 2 CDs but 3 CDs, and each set is priced at 18 GBP (I think that's a fair price for such a nice product). These Complete Special Editions, like they're called, come with 30-page booklets: they include in-depth explanations and comments by none other than Mike Matessino, plus never-before-seen photos of Indy on the set as well as John Williams conducting his whole masterpieces. There is no interview on the CDs themselves, but a NEW short interview is in one of the booklets, giving us an insight on what JW thinks about the movies now. Also, a new short commentary for each soundtrack by Spielberg, applauding the maestro.

2. This Christmas, to celebrate the fact that John Williams agreed to score The Deathly Hallows, they will release Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Complete Edition (the other Harry Potter scores by JW follow early next year). All complete editions will be produced by Mike Matessino and follow the example of the Complete Star Wars and Indiana Jones soundtracks, as described above.

:lol:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish he'd come and do a concert or seven in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Preferably in my local theatre....of course......

Failing that, turn over JW's entire back catalogue of scores to Matessino....and pay JW a bloody fortune to do a DVD commentary on Star Wars....

I'm sure I will think of others :lol:

Release the Angela's Ashes suite narrated by Frank McCourt. Compose a similar suite for Memoirs of a Geisha.

Record a third volume of the Spielberg/Williams collaboration

I wish for the following scores to be released complete and in great quality

Indiana Jones (all 4)

Star Wars Prequel Trilogy

Hook

Jurassic Park

The Lost World Jurassic Park

I also wish for this set of scores to be re-released with perfect remastered sound:

Star Wars The Original Trilogy

I wish John Williams would hire Neil S. Bulk!

For which scores?

I want the prequels and Indy IV released complete, you know :lol: . I would hire KM for those :lol:

If Neil got offered to work on the complete prequels and/or Indy 4 he'd probably turn the job down. :lol:

John Williams commentary over the Star Wars Movies on DVD would be FANTASTIC!

John Williams to do a Star Wars Concert in Manchester with the LSO!

John Williams to give Mr.Lucas a big kick up the ass!

John Williams to score Harry Potter 7!

5.1 isolated music scores on A.I., Minority Report, the original Star Wars trilogy, Close Encounters, Jurassic Park, JFK, Nixon, and Munich.

And if not that, then at least complete/expanded official releases for all of them. :nopity:

A completely filled, 'more-more music from' CD for Indy, with everything not in the box, and the full unedited, intended Jungle Chase.

Blu-ray releases of Potter 1-3 and Jurassic Park with isolated scores in lossless, and alternate cues during a menu.

Williams discovering that 2-CD jewel cases exist, and has a sudden guilt trip with all his output since 2000.

(And I've heard that my current grail, Dante's Peak is receiving a complete release in the near future, and if it does, Potter 1 will be my new grail).

Abrams to reject Giacchino's STAR TREK score and Williams to step in and deliver the score of his career.

And of course, Giacchino's to leak/be released as well, and also be great, thus getting two awesome Trek scores.

Abrams to reject Giacchino's STAR TREK score and Williams to step in and deliver the score of his career.

And of course, Giacchino's to leak/be released as well, and also be great, thus getting two awesome Trek scores.

Nah. This is Giacchino's big moment, let him have it.

As much as I would have loved a Williams scored Trek, there's none of the current scores I'd be willing to give up for it. Maybe IV, but I couldn't see a truly great score coming out of it no mater what.

I'd rather have Jerry Goldsmith score Star Trek XI...oh wait he's not with us any more. :P

<Jack Bauer voice> DAMN IT!

Hopefully Giacchino delivers a good score to what seems like a crappy movie.

1. JW to score DH.

2. Family Plot to be released!

3. SW Prequels in complete form

3. HP in complete form

4. The gift of immortality.

+Hook

- The gift of immortality. That can be such a drag.

I wish for Black Sunday, The Sugarland Express and a professionally done complete score of 1941 to be released.

I also wish for Williams to come conduct the Dallas Symphony one more time with Saxbabe, John and myself managing to sneak backstage and spend a few hours chatting with him.

I also wish for Williams to come conduct the Dallas Symphony one more time with Saxbabe, John and myself managing to sneak backstage and spend a few hours chatting with him.

I like your thinking. Dallas or Houston actually, I'm not picky.

Since "The Hobbit" was written many years before LOTR was, it is not a prequel, but in fact LOTR is a sequel to The Hobbit.

As for this silly "2nd movie" they are cobbling together, that's a LOTR prequel, I guess, since it will adapt stuff from the LOTR appendix, right?

Since "The Hobbit" was written many years before LOTR was, it is not a prequel, but in fact LOTR is a sequel to The Hobbit.

So then Star Wars 1-3 aren't prequels because Lucas 'wrote' those stories first, right? :)

I wish... John Williams would go back and re-score the clone wars battle at the end of Attack of the Clones, giving it it's own battle music.

I wish... John Williams would go back and re-score the clone wars battle at the end of Attack of the Clones, giving it it's own battle music.

That would be awesome