What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Supposedly the "worst" episode of Breaking Bad.

Nah, it was just different in tone, even a bit of comedy (but nothing severely out of tone), some more Walt & Jesse moments, which is always good.

I suppose you're overreacting a bit. :P

Modern Family 6x13 Rash Decisions

4 good stories this week: Phil helping Andy with real estate and Luke being jealous; Alex interviewing for Princeton and Haley not caring, but providing help anyway; Claire unable to lay the law down at work until Mitch helps her out; and Joe thinking he has to give Stella away to Mitch and Cam until he doesn't. Lots of laugh out loud moments.

After watching Twin Peaks (finally) and The Leftovers, I'm once again rewatching Coupling.

It remains the pinnacle of TV comedy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlDbDVxMpFI

I know most of it by heart now, but I still have to laugh out several times during each episode.

Oh man do I love that show! Great taste!

The American remake, also, is really not as bad as it was made out to be, especially after episodes that directly re-did UK episodes

I only watched the first episode of the US show, and found it amazingly bad. It's exactly the same script, only poorly acted (with the exception of Sonya Walger) and with various British terms replaced by American ones and some jokes inexplicably left out. The timing, which is so perfect in the UK version, is completely off and ruins whatever may have been left of the script.

The last season of the UK version is rather lousy (with some exceptions), but probably still better than the remake.

Of course, the three seasons before that are nearly entirely perfect. The way jokes are set up and developed throughout each episode is masterful, and there are dozens of hilarious one liners that without context would hardly seem to make sense. Later episodes became increasingly ambitious and "artsy" (I'm not using that as a negative term here), with stories told in split screen, nonlinear narratives and scenes repeated from various points of view.

I believe that How I Met Your Mother, in its best episodes, often owes a lot to Coupling.

Oh yea, absolutely it does.

Seriously, the unaired US episodes of coupling were actually pretty good. NBC canceled it before it got a chance to show what it could do.

The first season of the US Office was pretty bad, but then season 2 was one of the best seasons of any comedy ever. Who knew?

Brooklyn 99 2x15 Windbreaker City

Funny stuff! I like when the gang gets out of the office and all gets the same story together. Nick Kroll was good, I guess this is the real end of the Eva Longoria arc, now. The subplot and Gina and Holt and the personality test was hilarious. Amy's power pose stuff was really funny too

Girls 4x04 Cubbies

Wow - very little Hannah, one scene with Adam, and lots of Shoshanna and Ray? Easily the best episode of the season! Shosannah was hilarious as usual, and also very real in her scenes with Ray. Finally the writers are figuring out what to do with her again. They still have no idea what to do with Jessa at all. And every second of the Marnie scenes this year are insufferable.

Parks and Recreation 7x08 Ms. Ludgate-Dwyer Goes to Washington

Every time I think the writers have run out of ideas and the show has run it's course, the very next scene ends up being an amazing one that makes me realize I was wrong. This week the Ben and Andy, and eventually Ron storyline was kinda meh, but then the April/Leslie scene happened and it was so very good. It's because we know these characters so well that scenes like this are extra special. I also liked the job April ended up at, it fits. Her arc this season has been a good, and relate-able one. Though, I don't really get why they introduced her and Andy buying a home in Pawnee as part of it, now that they'll be moving to D.C. (what will happen to Andy's show?). Speaking of that, it was kind of weird to see them just living in it this week, all of a sudden. Wasn't it supposed to be a bit of a fixer upper? No Tom at all this week, kinda strange! Also strange was how quickly April and Leslie took jobs across the country without discussing it with their husbands?

It was the UK's answer to Friends (3 female and 3 male twentysomethins hanging out), but much more clever.

doubtful

It's definitely more clever than Friends. More sharp writing, less broad comedy.

Both shows are great in their own ways, of course.

I saw FRIENDS for the first time last year (more than a snippet) - it was so boringly square i began to imagine the 3 Stooges breaking through the walls to liven it up. Alas, the moment never came.

Just done watching the final episode of The Wire. Wow, this series in its entirety is a stunning piece of work. Majestically epic and intimate in the same breath. By the end you feel like there are a tonne of stories left to tell in the city of Baltimore, and yet at the same time it feels complete. Like a circle.

It's curious that Coupling really took off in the States; it was barely known on home soil. I never found the small parts I saw of it very funny.

Same. Compared to stuff like The Office, Peep Show, the first series of Green Wing or People Like Us, it doesn't hold up well. Nothing against Steven Moffat, I just don't think comedy's his strength.

Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Another marathon out of the way. The first three seasons were packed to the brim with comedy gold. The way the humour was executed during that period was exceptional. It gets problematic from Season 4 onwards because of cast changes and writing staff changes. This resulted in a slightly different feel to the show, but Melissa Joan Hart managed to keep it all together with her perkiness and charisma, and Salem the cat was one of the funniest characters on television. Season 7 is almost unanimously but unfairly detested by fans, but I thought it was a decent send-off despite its flaws.

Apparently they're rebooting it in a new movie due out in 2017, but I'm skeptical that they'll be able to recapture the magic of the 90s series.

Drunk History - Season 1

Pretty funny show based off the old web series. I enjoy the combination of funny acting, drunk narrators, and actual history. It's cool how many famous people they get to be on here as well. I also like how the head guy travels from city to city and hangs out with people, and is there on screen with them as they tell their stories. The show is also paced well, which each story going by fairly quickly - enough to tell the story and have lots of funny parts, there's no bloat. You'll get a few laugh out loud moments per episode, what more can you ask for