What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Well I'd expect you to follow them as well by cutting down on the passive-aggressive LOLs and OMGs that you're so fond of using when people make mistakes or mix up information.

Brooklyn 99 2x14 The Defense Rests

This was actually an interesting and realistic (despite the wild zaniness) way to end the Eva Longia relationship / storyline. We knew it would end eventually, and I think it adequately did so here. I'm sure by the end of the season, Jake will be pining for Amy again. The B story with Holt and Wunch, with him deciding between writing her a recommendation or not, ultimately deciding to, and her revealing that she just used it as leverage and isn't going to Boston, was completely predictable, but funny. The interaction Holt and Wunch have continues to be awesome every time. The C story with Boyle and Gina dealing with their parents marrying each other was solid too. Always good to see Stephen Root in a comedic role - his interaction with Boyle through the glass was funny. The cold open with the ants was great :lol:

Knock it off guys

I will not knock off anything. I did nothing other than point out that grays perceptions are wrong. I did not call anyone names and I'm not the one who physically threaten any bodily harm. I did suggest he spend some time as a page in DC and anyone doing that would learn that friendships abound among the D&R. If you want to chastise the gray that's up to you. But remember you love to call names as well. You abide all opinions other than mine and promptly call me a troll.

A real troll would peruse and post in the new Hobbites forum. I do not even go there.

Now back to topic tomorrow's Big Bang is the episode that we learn Howard's mother has died. The creators said it was a beautiful story.

Knock it off guys

I will not knock off anything. I did nothing other than point out that grays perceptions are wrong. I did not call anyone names and I'm not the one who physically threaten any bodily harm. I did suggest he spend some time as a page in DC and anyone doing that would learn that friendships abound among the D&R. If you want to chastise the gray that's up to you. But remember you love to call names as well. You abide all opinions other than mine and promptly call me a troll.

A real troll would peruse and post in the new Hobbites forum. I do not even go there.

"Cowardly and hypocritical Moderator of JWfan who don't even follow his own rules!" - Ford A. Thaxton

I saw an article about the Flash, probably on Darkhorizons.com or Comingsoon.net that the flash will time travel. Interesting.

God, Fringe sucks.

To take a hottie like Diane Kruger and kill her in three minutes.

Five episodes or so ago, Olivia Dunham did in forty minutes what took Jack Bauer five years to do: kill Chen.

I'm currently re-watching Lost. Nearly done with season 1. This time around, I found myself enjoying the character backstories (excluding Kate's and most of Sayid's) much more than the mysterious supernatural element of the show. Despite all of the suspense elements of the show, it proves to be a really relaxing watch especially when compared to some of the more dark and violent recent shows (most notably Game of Thrones). All in all, it holds up remarkably well.

Still haven't found the time to rewatch it, but really want to.

Must be an interesting experience to rewatch the first seasons, knowing where this all leads in the end. It also must be a bit frustrating to notice all the abandoned ideas/storylines (Walt, etc.).

And yeah, while most of the backstories were indeed enjoyable, there were a few episodes where it felt like the writers were struggling to come up with something new and interesting to say about the character after a while (generally, when this was the fourth or fifth episode centered on this character).

God, Fringe sucks.

Five episodes or so ago, Olivia Dunham did in forty minutes what took Jack Bauer five years to do: kill Chen.

Her part felt more like a cameo for her boyfriend, Joshua Jackson.

And I enjoy Fringe a lot, even though the final season is rushed and lacking the depth of earlier seasons.

I thought the final season felt stretched. The future arc should have been resolved in like 4 episodes tops not spread over the whole season. At least the score was good

Still haven't found the time to rewatch it, but really want to.

Must be an interesting experience to rewatch the first seasons, knowing where this all leads in the end. It also must be a bit frustrating to notice all the abandoned ideas/storylines (Walt, etc.).

And yeah, while most of the backstories were indeed enjoyable, there were a few episodes where it felt like the writers were struggling to come up with something new and interesting to say about the character after a while (generally, when this was the fourth or fifth episode centered on this character).

Once spring arrives we're starting our fourth rewatch. Can't wait!

I am trying very hard to avoid spoilers on Fringe. I know some of what's coming up, like about people from the future and the parallel dimension. I knew about the Eric Stolz BTTF, for example which I just watched two nights ago. I wish I would have watched it when it was airing, to add one more viewer blip, but oh well.

I have noticed that many plot threads from season 1 have disappeared. ZFT, Jones, John Scott. I remember Broyles being adversarial and Nina Sharp being so icy and unhelpful, but now everybody is buddy buddy, because everyone knew everyone else from so long ago. I guess it doesn't help that I stopped watching after Olivia met Jones and resumed many months later without restarting.

I am starting to get tired of the plot device being, oh, this is one of Walter's pet projects gone bad. He has his hand or pieces of his brain in just about every major Fringe event? OK... I guess that explains why most events take place in and around Boston, where he lived for so long. Except when he was in Florida. But our characters jump between Boston and Harvard and NYC Massive Dynamic so often and quickly, I'm surprised that they're surprised that only Jones used the teleporter.

I also notice this show suffers from the same problem as The X-Files. We have a huge world threatening conspiracy. It's our highest priority. But we also have time for monster of the week episodes when things aren't hectic. The sense of tension comes and goes.

I'll stick with it.

Yea I don't even remember what ZFT is at this point. I guess it's something from early that got dropped

I think I remember in the Fringe thread somebody brought up the Broyles / Nina dynamic randomly changing, maybe it was Koray - He just watched the entire show for the first time last year or the year before

For half the first season, Broyles seemed to consider Nina to be the bad guy. But then she reaches up and kisses him on the lips in DC. Hey, at least her robot arm would never get tired.

I'd almost ask if in some episodes, we're actually watching the mirror universe, but then, oh right, Peter.

Watched the pilot of the critically lauded Transparent starring the ace Jeffrey Tambor, and was struck by how much I probably wasn't going to like it. If Paul Thomas Anderson were to move into TV this is EXACTLY what would he would make. Alexcremers, it's custom built for you, this.

PXK2WEr.jpg

Yea I don't even remember what ZFT is at this point. I guess it's something from early that got dropped

I think I remember in the Fringe thread somebody brought up the Broyles / Nina dynamic randomly changing, maybe it was Koray - He just watched the entire show for the first time last year or the year before

Yeah. In hindsight the meandering and incoherence outweigh the fun and interesting bits in the show. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Watched the pilot of the critically lauded Transparent starring the ace Jeffrey Tambor, and was struck by how much I probably wasn't going to like it. If Paul Thomas Anderson were to move into TV this is EXACTLY what would he would make. Alexcremers, it's custom built for you, this.

PXK2WEr.jpg

As a big PTA fan, I guess I should check this out too.

Her part felt more like a cameo for her boyfriend, Joshua Jackson.

I might be wrong, but I think she wasn't even credited?

I am starting to get tired of the plot device being, oh, this is one of Walter's pet projects gone bad. [...] I also notice this show suffers from the same problem as The X-Files. [...] I'll stick with it.

I loved much or possibly most of Fringe. Like X-Files, of which I still haven't seen more than the first season, it starts out with mostly vaguely related monster of the week episodes. It takes a while to get going, but then it ups the game several times and develops a huge and involving story arc that also brings out some great acting in the cast. I liked the last season; it brought together a surprising amount of disparate elements from the earlier seasons, and it has that totally unexpected and brilliant Gilliam wtf moment.

Watched the pilot of the critically lauded Transparent starring the ace Jeffrey Tambor, and was struck by how much I probably wasn't going to like it. If Paul Thomas Anderson were to move into TV this is EXACTLY what would he would make. Alexcremers, it's custom built for you, this.PXK2WEr.jpg

The show repulses me.

But Dave loves it. I do admire Jeff's acting chops.

Transgendered isn't a race you. it's a medical anomaly.

Watching the Sec Network and basketball.

Well anyways last Thursdays episode of Big Bang Theory dealt with Internet bullying, something no one here has ever done. It was one of this season's funniest episode. The bully's reveal was very good.

Mom's has some of tv's best comedic acting. Allison Janney is this Generations John Laroquette. No one wants to be nominated against her.

That's rather a dubious criterion for normality, though, isn't it? There are decidedly abnormal activities which can lead to procreation, and decidedly normal ones which can't...

Indeed. Vacuuming, for example, doesn't typically lead to procreation in my experience, but vacuuming dressed as a French maid certainly does.