Upcoming Soundtracks

MattyO

Hilary Hahn's violin case (I believe!) tweeted that she has just recorded the soundtrack to an indie film set in Ireland. Does anyone have any idea what the film is and who the composer might be? I know she worked with James Newton Howard on The Village and that he contributed one of the 27 commissions for her recent encore project, but I guess it could be just about anybody. Consider my interest piqued.

https://twitter.com/violincase

See the most recent 18th March post.

:nopity:

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a knock on your post, but just a FYI thing for your future reference: You can easily link directly to a specific tweet, rather than their entire stream, by clicking on the timestamp of the tweet you want (in this case, you'd click on the "22h" [at the time of this post] next to the ireland indie film tweet), and now the URL at the top of your browser is the URL to that specific tweet. Like this:

https://twitter.com/violincase/status/313424197961527296

This may be of interest to Richard, Thor, and anyone else who, like me, appreciates Genesis and progressive rock enough to recognize Tony Banks.

378987_348610095255923_1513620967_n.jpg

The Wicked Lady

Tony Banks releases the music from the 1983 Michael Winner film The Wicked Lady. Originally released on vinyl but never onto CD.
Tracks 1 - 8 orchestral movements from the film played by the National Phiharmonic Orchestra conducted by Stanley Black.
Tracks 9 -16 Tony Banks plays variations on themes from The Wicked Lady
Released March 25 on the Fugitive Inc label available from the Tony Banks website
Available from Amazon April 16
[14 March 2013]

This is the first time onto CD.

Tony Banks’ music from the 1983 film of The Wicked Lady directed by Michael Winner, was composed at the same time as Tony was recording his solo album The Fugitive, the main theme was originally meant as an instrumental for the Fugitive album but was not used. Tony felt that the instrumental had a theme that would work well for the film and sent it through as a demo to Michael Winner who instantly loved it.

It needed to be orchestrated and Christopher Palmer was brought on board to assist Tony in arranging the music for an orchestra.

Michael Winner requested a lot of music for the film and as a bonus the second half of the CD has Tony playing the original demos.

It has taken several months to bring this CD to fruition and it is made all the more poignant in that Michael Winner recently died this year.

Available to buy and download from www.tonybanksmusic.com from 25th March

http://www.tonybanksmusic.com/newsdetail.php?ID=22

How lewd!

One will never look Kermit the same way again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
SILVA SCREEN RECORDS PRESENTS
BYZANTIUM
Emmy Award winning Spanish composer Javier Navarrete’s elegant and uplifting score to Neil Jordan’s latest film.
Javier Navarrete is perhaps best known for fantasy and horror genre movies Wrath of the Titans, Pan’s Labyrinth The Devil’s Backbone, and Mirrors. He has received 2 Academy Award nominations - for Pan’s Labyrinth and The Devil’s Backbone.
Directed by Neil Jordan (Interview With The Vampire, The Company Of Wolves, Mona Lisa, The Crying Game) and starring Gemma Arterton and Saoirse Ronan this movie is Jordan’s low-key return to the horror genre.
Tracklisting:
1. Main Titles
2. Secrets
3. No One
4. The Coventry Carol
5. Sonata In C Major, Opus 2, No. 3 - Adagio
6. Hotel Byzantium
7. Eleanor's Dream
8. Hunters
9. Steal Something from Her
10. My Mother
11. Whore
12. Thirst
13. You Came For Me
14. At School
15. It Would Be Fatal
16. My Mother Was Dying
17. Ancient Knowledge
18. An Empty Island
19. Betrayed
20. As Darkness Fell
21. My Mother Saw Her Chance
22. I'm Sixteen Forever
23. Birthday Gift
24. Clara Immortal
25. Love Dark
26. Blade from Byzantium
27. Always
Digital Album: SILED1432
Release Date: June 25, 2013
For more information about these recordings visit http://www.silvascreenusa.com, or contact cinemediapromo@yahoo.com, or @cinemediapromo on Twitter

• 5 weeks later...

I just found this news on a new Howard Shore score on Doug Adams' blog:

Shore's newest, Jimmy P., is coming out on Howe Records on September 10. The score, which was recorded in New York, features the Dover Quartet as well as some interesting interplay between the quartet and a small orchestra. It's currently available for pre-order on Amazon right HERE.

Here is also a direct link to Howe Records site for the soundtrack.

I think it sounds quite lovely. Vintage Shore - brooding but with a bit more air. It would be a nice appetizer before The Hobbit 2 (and probably more than that).

When did he get time to write this?

Karol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hilary Hahn's violin case (I believe!) tweeted that she has just recorded the soundtrack to an indie film set in Ireland. Does anyone have any idea what the film is and who the composer might be? I know she worked with James Newton Howard on The Village and that he contributed one of the 27 commissions for her recent encore project, but I guess it could be just about anybody. Consider my interest piqued.

:nopity:

Composer Andrew Hewitt has tweeted (twat?) that his score for The Sea (for it is that of which I spake), featuring the violin of Hilary Hahn, will be available soon:

https://twitter.com/andrewhewitt76/status/454026301943193600/photo/1

It sounds quite melancholy from the samples on his website, but definitely worth checking out. The Hahnster is certainly not afraid to try new things, what with her recent collaborations with prepared piano meister Hauschka and her brilliant In 27 Pieces encores project.

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious, did Tyler Bates become universally hated after the 300 fiasco, or is it just because he writes lame music?

• 4 months later...