Upcoming Soundtracks

MattyO

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, that's exactly what I was thinking as I read that!

Opportunity to work with a couple of themes? Wow!

I can only imagine how enthused he must be when he gets to work with a real orchestra!

• 1 month later...

Varese has a bunch of OSTs on the way:

a20791513268fe88651ba1_s.jpg Dolphin Tale Original Motion Picture Soundtrack<br style="font-family: Arial;"><br style="font-family: Arial;">Music by Mark Isham

Release Date: 10/11/11 - Now available for pre-orders. CDs will ship on or after 10/11/11 Price: $16.98

a2079151324fb05c177af5_s.jpg Dream House Original Motion Picture Soundtrack<br style="font-family: Arial;"><br style="font-family: Arial;">Music by John Debney

Release Date: 10/11/11 - Now available for pre-orders. CDs will ship on or after 10/11/11 Price: $16.98

a2079201325eb13f689bf5_s.jpg Thing, The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack<br style="font-family: Arial;"><br style="font-family: Arial;">Music by Marco Beltrami

a20791d12b644a802c76b0_s.jpg Johnny English Reborn Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music by Ilan Eshkeri<br style="font-weight: bold;"><br style="font-weight: bold;">Release Date: 10/25/11 Price: $16.98

a20791d12b644a802c76b0_s.jpg Tower Heist Original Motion Picture Soundtrack<br style="font-family: Arial;"><br style="font-family: Arial;">Music by Christophe Beck

Release Date: 11/01/11 Price: $16.98

Milan Records will be releasing the soundtrack for the upcoming 3D adaptation of The Three Musketeers in the US. The album featuring the orginal score from the movie composed by Paul Haslinger will be released on October 18, 2011. Also featured on the release is the film’s title song When We Were Young by Take That. To pre-order the CD, visit Amazon. As previously reported, the soundtrack has already been released overseas where the movie already opened in a number of countries earlier this month. The Three Musketeers is directed by Paul W.S. Anderson and stars Logan Lerman, Milla Jovovich, Orlando Bloom, Christoph Waltz, Matthew MacFayden, Luke Evans, Mads Mikkelsen, Juno Temple and Ray Stevenson. The modern retelling of the classic story by Alexandre Dumas will be released in domestic theaters on October 21. For more information about the film, visit the official movie webpage.

Here’s the track list of the album:

1. Only Four Men

2. Special Delivery For The King

3. Buckingham´s Departure

4. All For One

5. Do You Know Who I Am?

6. As Far Away As Possible

7. The King And Queen

8. Announcing Lady De Winter

9. Concealed Weapons Tango

10. Get Me One Of Those!

11. The Venice Heist

12. She Died The Way She Lived

13. I Hate Air Travel

14. Rochefort Ante Portas

15. Open Fire!

16. A Chance To Escape

17. Round Two

18. If You Insist!

19. You Should Have Apologized To My Horse!

20. Boys Will Be Boys

21. The World Calls To The Young

22. To France, Of Course

23. When We Were Young – Take That

threemusketeerssoundtrack-300x300.jpg

Another new release up on Varese's site

a20791d12b644a802c76b0_s.jpg

Will

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music by Nigel Clarke and Michael Csányi-Wills

iTunes Release Date: 11/01/11

E.U. Release Date: 11/01/11

Price: $16.98

Lakeshore Records will release Aaron Zigman's score to I Don't Know How She Does It on November 1st

c6776493e73bddeaf3ab71ac80d8f637

• 3 weeks later...

Varese Sarabande will release:

A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas by William Ross

Release Date: 11/15/11

Original Motion Picture Score

A VERY HAROLD & KUMAR 3D CHRISTMAS

Music Composed by William Ross (My Dog Skip, Harry Potter & The Chamber Of Secrets)

After years of growing apart, Harold Lee (John Cho, Star Trek) and Kumar Patel (Kal Penn, Superman Returns) have replaced each other with new friends and are preparing for their respective Yuletide celebrations. But when a mysterious package mistakenly arrives at Kumar’s door on Christmas Eve, his attempt to redirect it to Harold’s house ends with the “high grade” contents — and Harold’s father-in-law’s prize Christmas tree — going up in smoke. With his in-laws out of the house for the day, Harold decides to cover his tracks, rather than come clean. Reluctantly embarking on another ill-advised journey with Kumar through New York City, their search for the perfect replacement tree takes them through party heaven — and almost blows Christmas Eve sky high. And, of course, it wouldn’t be a Harold & Kumar film without Neil Patrick Harris.

Composer William Ross (My Dog Skip) keeps the holiday spirits high with a festive seasonal score.

New Line Cinema opens A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas nationwide on November 4.

Varese Sarabande Catalog # 302 067 125 2

LOL @ the part I bolded

buysoundtrax just announced:

HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP - Original Soundtrack by James Horner

$15.95

http://buysoundtrax....frdeorsoby.html

SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA, THE - Original Soundtrack by John Cacavas

$15.95

http://buysoundtrax....riofdrorso.html

Varese Sarabande will release:

A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas by William Ross

Original Motion Picture Score

A VERY HAROLD & KUMAR 3D CHRISTMAS

Music Composed by William Ross (My Dog Skip, Harry Potter & The Chamber Of Secrets)

After years of growing apart, Harold Lee (John Cho, Star Trek) and Kumar Patel (Kal Penn, Superman Returns) have replaced each other with new friends and are preparing for their respective Yuletide celebrations. But when a mysterious package mistakenly arrives at Kumar’s door on Christmas Eve, his attempt to redirect it to Harold’s house ends with the “high grade” contents — and Harold’s father-in-law’s prize Christmas tree — going up in smoke. With his in-laws out of the house for the day, Harold decides to cover his tracks, rather than come clean. Reluctantly embarking on another ill-advised journey with Kumar through New York City, their search for the perfect replacement tree takes them through party heaven — and almost blows Christmas Eve sky high. And, of course, it wouldn’t be a Harold & Kumar film without Neil Patrick Harris.

Composer William Ross (My Dog Skip) keeps the holiday spirits high with a festive seasonal score.

New Line Cinema opens A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas nationwide on November 4.

Varese Sarabande Catalog # 302 067 125 2

LOL @ the part I bolded

Lol :P

• 4 weeks later...

I got an E-mail from Amazon plugging this new release: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005LUV2EM/ref=pe_98751_27457681_snp_dp

From the legendary St. Petersburg Symphony Orchestra and its principal guest conductor Vladimir Lande come three 20th and 21st century pieces that represent the varied national influences that pervade contemporary American music. The disc includes the world premier recording of Rick Sowash's Clarinet Concerto, US-Israeli composer Paul Ben-Haim's Pastorale Variée, and the celebrated film music composer John Williams' Viktor's Tale.

• 2 weeks later...

Two new releases coming in January from Varese:

a20791d12b644a802c76b0_s.jpg In The Land Of Blood And Honey

Music by Gabriel Yared

Release Date: 01/10/12

a20791d12b644a802c76b0_s.jpg Big Miracle

Music by Cliff Eidelman

Release Date: 01/24/12

No, both scores are NOT that short. The notes state SWTWC is complete, but this is completely and provably false. Roger said at Intrada that Delerue's SWTWC was recorded on the same kind of tapes as Horner's. So, if they should ever do it, it will sound miles apart from this. This release is a joke.

Wait. Be patient. Both these will see proper, full seperate releases in due course.

Sad face.

How could season 2 not sell well? The music from "Over There" is terrific.

The first episode where I really positively noticed the music was in season 4.

Really? I liked the music from virtually the start. The first episode that really caught my ear was "The Dreamscape" though. I HAD to have that music. I was lucky it was put on the CD. Then again, Seiter said that he's proudest of that score so it's not really luck as much as it's good taste, thank you very much. ;)

Seriously though, you never noticed the quality until season 4? The "coming storm" theme and Peter's theme never caught your ear? Interesting...

Well, it's not exactly Lost...

Karol

I couldn't stand the music for Lost when I got it from the library. Then again, I never watched the show.

Seriously though, you never noticed the quality until season 4? The "coming storm" theme and Peter's theme never caught your ear? Interesting...

It was always serviceable, but never did i seem to stand out musically, at least not to me.

"There Be Dragons" was released in May 2011 with a score by Stephen Warbeck, and the movie bombed.

So the studio re-cut the film, retitled it "There Be Dragons: Secrets of Passion", had Robert Folik completely rescore the picture, and is re-releasing it to theaters now.

Source: http://filmmusicreporter.com/2011/11/23/robert-folk-scoring-there-be-dragons-secrets-of-passion/

• 1 month later...

Varese will release Safe House by Ramin Djawadi on March 6th

http://www.varesesar...ases/Categories

And samples are already available here: http://www.cinemamusica.de/1710/urbaner-heist-thriller-erhaelt-djawadi-rhythmen-first-listen-zu-safe-house

Generations is getting a new release?

Dennis McCarthy has let slip that there will be a complete version of

ST: Generations soundtrack at some point, but that's all I know -

nothing on label, release date, or if it's even happening this year

http://trekweb.com/articles/2012/01/31/Star-Trek-VI-2Disc-Expanded-Soundtrack-Coming-from-Intrada-Label.shtml