Upcoming Soundtracks

MattyO

Must be a Texas thing, because I listened to the score last week and was completely unimpressed. Though all the dialogue was very distracting.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the e-mail, and immediately got excited. Then I saw that it was re-recorded with Prague.

Don't be mislead by the orchestra. They have dramatically improved.

This one's on the Prometheus label instead of Tadlow, so maybe it's unlimited or a larger quantity than 3000.

It sounds like typical JNH, some heavy percussion that almost ventures into Zimmer territory.

I didn't go into the website to see if any other music was available.

• 2 weeks later...
MovieScore Media presents

CENTURION

centurion.jpg

Music Composed by

ILAN ESHKERI

Sound clips and more info:

http://www.moviescoremedia.com/centurion.html

CD distributed by Screen Archives Entertainment:

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/14003/

Album available for download from iTunes:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/centurion-original-motion/id371089742

Album available for download from MovieScore Media (320kbit mp3):

http://www.payloadz.com/go?id=1248884

With acclaimed scores such as the epic fantasy work Stardust, the classically elegant The Young Victoria and the recent action hit Kick Ass, British composer Ilan Eshkeri is quickly establishing himself as a major new name in film music.

His score for Neil Marshall’s new Roman/Celtic adventure, Centurion, is probably his most intense, adrenaline-pumping and relentlessly dramatic score so far – a large orchestral score, performed with precision and stamina by the London Metropolitan Orchestra recorded at Abbey Road. Interesting instrumental colours such as the highly unusual Scottish instrument, the Carnyx, and the Bodhrán, add a unique dimension to the score.

Eshkeri made extensive research of Celtic music before he began work on the actual writing, and based his thematic material on discoveries of old folk songs he made when listening to old BBC recordings from the furthest reaches of the British Isles. We are very proud to be working for the first time with Ilan and hope that this is only the first of many projects we’ll do together.

Track titles:

1 Centurion 3.06

2 Fort Attack 1.08

3 The Ninth Ride Out 3.00

4 Quintus Escapes 1.37

5 Arianne 1.10

6 The Ninth March On 1.34

7 The General Falls 2.09

8 On the Run 2.31

9 The Village 2.50

10 Funeral 1.18

11 She Wolf (Etain) 2.34

12 A Sacred Rite 3.24

13 We Are the Prey 2.26

14 Waterfall 3.41

15 Necromancer 2.58

16 Wolves 2.51

17 Battle at the Fort 3.57

18 Quintus Returns 1.01

19 Fate of the Ninth 2.03

MMS10009 • CENTURION (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Music Composed by ILAN ESHKERI

Release date (CD/download): May 18, 2010

MovieScore Media presents

FLICKA 2

flicka2.jpg

Music Composed and Conducted by

MARK THOMAS

Sound clips and more info:

http://www.moviescoremedia.com/flicka2.html

CD distributed by Screen Archives Entertainment:

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/13998/

Album available on CD only

We have worked with British composer Mark Thomas on several albums before (Shadows in the Sun, Back in Business, Tales of the Riverbank) – our fourth collaboration presents his wonderfully spirited, melodic and Americana-tinged score for Flicka 2, 20th Century Fox's sequel to the 2006 theatrical feature.

This is Mark Thomas' third score for director Michael Damian, who is an accomplished musician himself and has a strong belief in the role of melody and the power of music in his storytelling.

The Flicka 2 score features many tender moments where the solo guitar takes the lead over soft strings, but also darker orchestral music as well as big, sweeping thematic writing matching the grand vistas of the film's Wyoming setting.

Track titles:

1 Opening Titles 1.04

2 Time to Go 0.54

3 Saddle Up 1.31

4 Flicka Appears 1.29

5 Snake Bite 0.58

6 Carrie Nurses Flicka 1.20

7 Stampede 1.34

8 Flicka Recovers 1.53

9 Chores 2.45

10 Ranch at Night 1.25

11 Bonfire 1.22

12 The Diary 2.07

13 They Take Flicka 1.50

14 Carrie Reads to Flicka 1.19

15 Flicka Runs Away 0.59

16 The Search 2.13

17 See You In Court 1.03

18 Before the Show 0.19

19 The Show 1.54

20 Slaughterhouse 0.46

21 Use Some Help 1.34

22 Back to the Wild 2.35

23 Flicka Returns 2.33

MMS10008 • FLICKA 2 (Original Motion Picture Score)

Music Composed and Conducted by MARK THOMAS

Release date (CD only): May 18, 2010

It sounds like typical JNH, some heavy percussion that almost ventures into Zimmer territory.

I didn't go into the website to see if any other music was available.

It sounds dangerously close to an MV score, it disappoints me to say. I'd even venture a suggestion that these might be his synth demos. Even as highly compressed audio they don't sound like a real orchestra.

Plua there's a recurring motif that doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about JNH's thematic inspiration.

• 2 weeks later...

From http://www.perseverancerecords.com

May 20, 2010 - Christopher Young's Unforgettable Will Be Longer Than Promo - Chris is currently in the studio, listening to and selecting additional music for our upcoming album to the Ray Liotta/ Linda Fiorentino starrer. He has located "a whole bunch of [on the promo] unused cues", which he will make available to us. Here is the preliminary design of the cover for the album.
May 2, 2010 - New Album: The Complete Puppetmaster Soundtrack Collection - We have begun work on a new album, our biggest project so far: A 4-disc box set of all 10 Puppetmaster film scores, composed by Richard Band (1-5, 10), Jeff Walton (6), John Massari (7) and Peter Bernstein (9); Part 8 had no original score. It will feature the complete scores in chronological order with extensive liner notes by Brian Satterwhite and a generous booklet with tons of artwork made available to us by Charles Band of Full Moon. If everything goes as planned, the street date will be July 15, 2010.

• 3 weeks later...

Inception score by Hans Zimmer will be out July 13th on WaterTower Records

http://www.amazon.com/Inception-Hans-Zimmer/dp/B003ODL004/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1276809872&sr=1-1

1. Half Remembered Dream

2. We Built Our Own World

3. Dream Is Collapsing

4. Radical Notion

5. Old Souls

6. 528491

7. Mombasa

8. One Simple Idea

9. Dream Within A Dream

10. Waiting For A Train

11. Paradox

12. Time

The only thing I liked from the trailer music was the deep "zummm" sound.

Of course, if Zimmer used that, lots of people would start complaining about it, like the Joker motifs :)

• 2 months later...

Whatever! :P Either way I think it's a mistake on the poster. The guy in the audio clip says Rain Man but then he says Christopher Young, so I think he means Hard Rain. My brother also asked Hans about it on FB and he said this is the first he's ever heard about it.

The Music of DC Comics: 75th Anniversary Collection

Including:

2. Theme From Superman (Album Version) - John Williams (1978)

- From the live-action film “Superman.” Digitally remastered.

dccdart.jpg

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/08/31/experience-the-music-of-dc-comics-75th-anniversary-collection/

I'm guessing that WB has the rights to Shirley Walker tied up, notwithstanding the LLR albums you can still buy.

There might be enough missing material to warrant a second volume. For example, Goldsmith's Supergirl is missing, though I might want that album.

I'm personally not interested in this set, but I felt it my responsibility to make people aware of it since it has the Williams track.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really sure where to put this... so I'll stick it here. According to Bruce Kimmell of Kritzerland Records, be prepared for an onslaught of re-issues of previous limited editions!

First of all, is anyone, I mean ANYONE surprised that startracks started this thread? He has shown time and again that anything we might do will not be to his liking. Or, if he can't find anything to complain about with a release then he just bides his time until he can.

Second of all, here's a little anecdote for startracks - within minutes of Predator selling out, another label had called Fox and asked if they could now license it (the other label was not us - sorry startracks). Can you imagine? This is a true story. Fox opted not to do it, but had they, well... I'll bet startracks wouldn't have complained at all because the CD would not be on Kritzerland.

Third of all - be ready for an onslaught of reissues of sold out titles from several labels - I already know about most of them, and it's a lot of stuff.

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3658&start=15

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up Capricorn One for cheap. I also missed out on Fitzwilly / The Long Goodbye.

I seriously don't get that Kimmel. He's (sort of) complaining about other companies doing reissues of limited editions (I say, finally! Let's have as much available as possible so that anyone who wants something can still get it), while he's limiting all of his own releases to 1000 copies... (If people like him printed more in the first place, there wouldn't have to be reissues.)

I seriously don't get that Kimmel. He's (sort of) complaining about other companies doing reissues of limited editions (I say, finally! Let's have as much available as possible so that anyone who wants something can still get it), while he's limiting all of his own releases to 1000 copies... (If people like him printed more in the first place, there wouldn't have to be reissues.)

I don't read it that away at all. In fact, he's on record as defending reissues in part because his own label has done a couple, including the latest Kritzerland release (which is basically a reissue aside from minor sonic tinkering).

Hmmm I do read it like that; although it's perhaps more about the fact that this adds to the amount of releases. What about "Can you imagine", "true story", "onslaught", etc.

I honestly have no problems with labels re-issuing stuff. A lot of the older Varese Club titles are not up to the par that Intrada and FSM have been setting since 2007 or so

Hmmm I do read it like that; although it's perhaps more about the fact that this adds to the amount of releases. What about "Can you imagine", "true story", "onslaught", etc.

I think his point is that it's not as though Kritzerland is the only label "guilty" of doing reissues -- far from it, in fact, as we apparently soon shall see.

I too don't mind if labels re-issue Limited Edition titles. For those who missed out on the original run of said titles, it would give those people another chance to buy it.

I too don't get that Kimmel guy.

Someone (don't remember who it was) stated on FSM once that a true fan of film score music would be delighted for others to own Limited Edition titles if they missed out on the original run and they were re-released.

In terms of the way he conducts himself online, Kimmel can be as insufferable as Goldwasser or even Thaxton, but I fully support the work he does as record producer, and I agree with him here.

Someone (don't remember who it was) stated on FSM once that a true fan of film score music would be delighted for others to own Limited Edition titles if they missed out on the original run and they were re-released.

Yeah, and there was that guy that said the real fans would pay $200 for an OOP CD.

• 1 month later...

An official release of the surviving original material to Franz Waxman's Sunset Boulevard.

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/14562/SUNSET-BLVD-SUNSET-BOULEVARD-2CD-PRE-ORDER/

This should go nicely with the Varese recording.

An official release of the surviving original material to Franz Waxman's Sunset Boulevard.

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/14562/SUNSET-BLVD-SUNSET-BOULEVARD-2CD-PRE-ORDER/

Seriously? A 52 minute CD with a 2.5 minute bonus track on a second CD?? What insane kind of licensing deal demands such a waste of resources?

It's on a new label started by Craig Spaulding of SAE.

The song on disc 2 appears to be a newly recorded piece, so that might explain why. Perhaps licensing required it to be included separately.

http://www.screenarc...-2CD-PRE-ORDER/

Seriously? A 52 minute CD with a 2.5 minute bonus track on a second CD?? What insane kind of licensing deal demands such a waste of resources?

The kind of licencing deal that knows that suckers like us will pay $25 for a 2-c.d. package, one of which has a track which is less than 3 minutes... ;)

Let's not forget that, when it came out, the "Theme From S.T:III" was a one-sided 12-inch record.

"Okay, we're happy for you to do it, but that extra track can't be on the same CD. It'll infect the surviving elements"

I echo the question: what the hell kind of licensor demands this?

(not that I'm buying this - it's just too damn illogical to not pass comment)

The kind of licencing deal that knows that suckers like us will pay $25 for a 2-c.d. package, one of which has a track which is less than 3 minutes... ;)

Let's not forget that, when it came out, the "Theme From S.T:III" was a one-sided 12-inch record.

Well, charging a lot of money is one thing. Doing a short CD/LP release is another thing. But producing a second CD for 2.5 minutes in a bundle with plenty of space left on the first disc is idiotic. I like physical CDs, but this kind of thing really makes me glad that the future very obviously is digital downloads.