The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Clues for next week's titles from Roger

Two releases. One is a straight LP reissue of a stereo recording from the late fifties featuring some great music from a TV series by a very well known film composer. Doug had asked me why we hadn't done it yet and I admitted I had no idea what it was. Now that I've heard the album I can only ask...why hadn't we done this earlier?
The other is a straight reissue of a very early Special Collection CD that people have been asking for. I guess after all this time there were people who missed it.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6359

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Dimitri Tiomkin's Rio Bravo is coming soon from Intrada

First Roger said:

Intrada hasn't had a western score to offer us since February,2013; that being CAHILL,U.S. MARSHAL. Have they called it quits on this genre? I hope not. There is plenty still to be found in the Warner Bros. and Universal vaults.

Working on a massive one now.

Then Doug said

I am hoping that "massive one" will be John Addison's score to CENTENNIAL, a 26 part series from the late '70's. If it is CENTENNIAL it would be coming from the Universal vault. IF,IF,IF ?????

Yeah, I like Centennial too. And it's on our radar with Universal. BUT... the "massive" one this time is a lengthy theatrical western. Perhaps it's not so much "massive" as it's "major", meaning it's a world premiere release of a genuine four-star classic western, scored by a legendary composer. This one has been one of my own personal all-time most wanted projects. And the stars and director of this movie don't come any bigger, either. If I keep babbling, Roger will start throwing stuff at me. So let's just leave it with my confidence that you'll be pretty excited about having this score available at long last.

--Doug

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6382

• 1 month later...

Was it that hard to link to the thread you saw that in? lol

Anyways, they also have 2 new releases being announced Monday evening

One is the premiere release of a golden age score by a legendary artist who only wrote one film score. The other is simply a reissue of an older Special Collection title that went out of print very quickly. It's a favorite score around these parts and we want it to be available to those that might have missed it. If you have the earlier version, you don't really need this as it's a straight reissue.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6463

Everyone's already figured out the golden age title is Leonard Bernstein's "On The Waterfront"

It is actually one of the best 90's Horners...that for long stretches sounds conspicuously unlike him (strong Bartok influence). Add one ace Horner main theme and you've got a hell of a 75-minute score.

Then go ahead:

A+Far+Off+Place+Far_off_place_MAF7042D.j

• Greatly expanded CD release of powerhouse James Horner soundtrack for Mikael Salomon outdoor adventure set in Africa, starring Reese Witherspoon, Jack Thompson, Maximilian Schell. Vivid landscapes, dramatic action inspire Horner to create expansive main theme plus thrilling action music. In between are colorful adventure set-pieces, gentle variants on theme plus exotic touches for wildlife encountered by trio of youngsters during long, challenging journey. Lengthy score has numerous highlights: strong opening "Main Title" sequence with dramatic chimes, austere chords as elephant slaughter reaches climax, jagged action of "The Slaughter" as parents are killed, beautiful development of main theme during "The Elephants", riveting action as trio is "Attacked From The Air", colorful suspense of "Scorpion", others. Special nods to heroic final chords of "The Swamp" as dog leaps to safety, surging fortissimo climax of "Epilogue/End Credits". Entire CD mastered from digital two-track session mixes made by Shawn Murphy, courtesy Walt Disney Pictures. Liner notes by John Takis, classy packaging by Joe Sikoryak complete fantastic album! James Horner fashioned several scores for Disney: Honey, I Shrunk The Kids, Something Wicked This Way Comes, The Journey Of Natty Gann, all previously released by Intrada. A Far Off Place is one of the best! James Horner conducts. Intrada Special Collection CD available while quantities and interest remain!

01. Main Title (5:17)
02. Nonnie’s Rescue (0:38)
03. Cat Food Pâté (0:59)
04. Night Departure (2:47)
05. Entering The Cave (2:31)
06. The Slaughter (3:02)
07. Nonnie Finds The Parents (1:01)
08. Revenge (1:36)
09. Nonnie Escapes* (3:18)
10. Impossible Plan (1:18)
11. First Night Out* (0:52)
12. The Elephants (5:04)
13. The Baobob Tree (1:15)
14. Attacked From The Air (3:43)

15. Plane Aftermath (0:56)
16. Inner Feelings (1:38)
17. Digging For Water (2:49)
18. Xhabbo The Poet (2:02)
19. Gemsbok Hunt (1:21)
20. Gemsbok Gift (2:12)
21. The Most Beautiful Gemsbok (1:25)
22. Memories (1:41)
23. The Swamp (3:46)
24. Scorpion (5:17)
25. Sandstorm! (6:49)
26. Reunion With Mopani (1:56)
27. Ricketts’ Death In The Mine (2:47)
28. Epilogue/End Credits (5:32)
*Not Featured in Film

• 1 month later...

Coming Monday:

One is the premiere of an IMAX score featuring a big orchestral sci-fi adventure score.

The other is a 2-CD set featuring two scores for the same film from the 90s. One used, the other not so much. Unused score is stunning, but wasn't the angle the filmmakers were looking for.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=71657#p71657

Could the IMAX one be William Ross's T-Rex: Back To The Cretaceous? It only ever got a promo release. If it is, it will be an immediate buy. Been meaning to actually own the promo (which sells for not too much on Amazon), but I will definitely hold out for the Intrada release. I believe the promo was complete, though. Not a very long score since it is a 40 minute IMAX film.

But if the second title is The River Wild, then shit, I'm going to have to buy both! But was River Wild missing much from Goldsmith's score on the OST?

Shame the IMAX one ended up not being T-Rex, however, I do love David Shire and that may be a score worth getting. I hope this means maybe they are close to doing his Return To Oz.

River Wild I am definitely getting first, though. The original album seemed to be a decent presentation of the score, though. Need to see just how much music is new and worth upgrading for.

Well I might get the River Wild. While not a classic it is a very nice score from maestro Goldsmith and I am also really interested in hearing Jarre's take on the same film. :)

The Jarre sounds somewhat engaging, after all these years. Goldsmith still has that third-rate Rambo vibe going - though it's an easy listen it also feels flat in idea and execution, but the film was rescored in mre 10 days so this is not necessarily a criticism.

Doug just hinted that they might get to do Jerry's Rambo: First Blood Part II

4 - Rambo - First Blood part II

Any plans to give this the Intrada magic? It would make a nice companion piece to the other two Intrada released Rambo titles.

That is believed to now be controlled by Silva...

It is no longer controlled by Silva. :)

--Doug

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=71764#p71764

This gives hope for Jerry's Supergirl score as well

Rambo II would be great. Especially if they include the unused end credits.

You would buy this thing again just for a 3 minute end title? Would be my 3rd buy, i'll pass.

I'd love the complete end credits to Supergirl.

The 6-minute overture is complete, isn't it?

Rambo II would be great. Especially if they include the unused end credits.

You would buy this thing again just for a 3 minute end title? Would be my 3rd buy, i'll pass.

I'd buy it a second time for significantly improved sound. It is, after all, the greatest action score of all time.