Rate 'Terminator Salvation'

MSM

How would you rate Terminator Salvation?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the fate of Marcus Wright?

• Yes
    • No
    • I did not really care
    • I haven't seen the movie
  2. 2. How do you rate the movie?

Sorry guys, another Terminator poll, but I just saw Terminator Salvation and although my expectations were low after reading some critics, I was pleasantly surprised and I think it's a worthy successor in the franchise.

Some elements I personally did not like too much, such as the command center and its commanders, Bryce Dallas Howard's portrayal of Kate Brewster (I think Claire Danes did twice as good in T3). There is no chemistry whatsoever between Bale and Howard. The score was nothing special IMO and I actually hated the end and what happened to my fav character in the movie, Marcus Wright.

The good things are a good pacing, really good effects, interesting new characters, good development of the storyline of the franchise, strong acting performances.

I think Marcus Wright is one of the most interesting chracters in the franchise up to now. They could have worked the 'identity crisis' out even better, but it was already quite good. The character reminded me of movies like I, Robot, Minority Report, Equilibrium and The Sixth Day. I think however the decision on his fate was wrong and also not necessary. Especially on this part of the story I'd like to hear your opinions.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I did not really care" pretty much applies to the whole film for me. Reese was the only character I really cared about. Christian Bale just was not interesting.

I can't believe anyone with a brain would give this more tha a 5, so I'm not surprised to see some voted it an 8 and 9.

I gave it a 1.

It's a 5 from me.

It's a bad movie, and I don't know how anyone could ever convince me otherwise. That said ... it's not entirely without entertaining moments; I can understand people liking it a bit. Heck, I like all of the original Planet of the Apes movies, and only maybe two of those are any good at all.

I just want to know what is the super-dramatical scene Bale recorded so he made a big fuss when he was distracted by one crewman....because i didnt see any in the movie...

Would you guys mind explaining what is so bad about it? I think that is fair when you give it a 1. I explained also why I did like it.

I just want to know what is the super-dramatical scene Bale recorded so he made a big fuss when he was distracted by one crewman....because i didnt see any in the movie...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Maybe it was the scene with Howard right before he left to go to Skynet. She really had no involvement in the movie.

I had been warned about how bad this movies is, but when watching it I felt at least entertained and enjoyed sound and visual effects. Sure, the story had many flaws (e.g., is it a good idea to light a big warming fire in the desert when the machines are everywhere?), and the acting was only mediocre, but on the whole it did not ruin the franchise for me like it apparently did for many other people, and it certainly was not at all as bad as Godzilla etc. I just hope the next movie is better (and closer to my idea of the Terminator future - where are the crowded, dirty bunkers, constantly in danger of being discovered by the machines?).

I guess it really depends on what expectations you have when watching a movie. For example, after hearing all the accolades for Star Trek, I was really underwhelmed when seeing the actual movie... all the absurdities and pseudo coolness, not to mention what the story meant for the other movies and most of the series... but that's a different story, right? ;)

Wright's character could have been really cool but the first scene of the movie takes almost all the the weight out of the reveal later that he's a robot, not to mention that his character is the kind that doesn't need a lot of backstory, if any. It also doesn't help much that his arc was pretty predictable.

Still stands, the stuff you learn about his character isn't needed in the intro.

That being said I wouldn't have shown it in the trailer but marketing does its own thing usually.

I had been warned about how bad this movies is...

Yeah, by me!!! And you ended up almost liking it! And you didn't like Star Trek! You've become... my... polar... opposite...

Nooooooooooo!

:)

Would you guys mind explaining what is so bad about it? I think that is fair when you give it a 1. I explained also why I did like it.

As requested, here's my top 5 'truncated' views as i could go on for ever about how poor this film is:

1. The movie insults viewers intelligence during the last 15 mins or so by recapping the plot as if it's some mystery

2. Christian Bale puts on his husky Batman voice and you end up asking yourself "Why the hell is he whispering?"

3. The 5 min romantic interlude is so pointless and void of any emotion it's embarrassing

4. Wooden performances

5. Stale dialogue

The 1 good thing is the sound design.

As requested, here's my top 5 'truncated' views as i could go on for ever about how poor this film is:

1. The movie insults viewers intelligence during the last 15 mins or so by recapping the plot as if it's some mystery

2. Christian Bale puts on his husky Batman voice and you end up asking yourself "Why the hell is he whispering?"

3. The 5 min romantic interlude is so pointless and void of any emotion it's embarrassing

4. Wooden performances

5. Stale dialogue

The 1 good thing is the sound design.

I agree with everything you say, but still it is ridiculous to give it a 1.

It was everything I expected it to be. My hopes weren't too high to start with so I was able to relax and enjoy the whole film. I'd give it a 7.

Digi-Arnie

was completely unexpected and probably my favourite scene in the film!

It was everything I expected it to be. My hopes weren't too high to start with so I was able to relax and enjoy the whole film. I'd give it a 7.

Digi-Arnie

was completely unexpected and probably my favourite scene in the film!

I loved this scene too. It has the same light undertone as the old movies, and was as chilling as the 'Lord Vader, rise!' scene in RotS.

When Bay makes something as good or better than American Graffiti and Star Wars then you will have something to back up that statement.