The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

It's also Varese's definition of a 'Deluxe Edition' that makes me nervous. If two CDs are needed for the full score, I want 2 CDs dammit!

Agreed!

The Matrix and Stargate = Epic Fail

Star Trek (2009) is almost an epic fail considering they micro-edited some cues and left out choir for cues that the choir was meant for.

THE RAT PATROL: LIMITED EDITION

THE RAT PATROL: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1155

Music by Dominic Frontiere

Limited Edition of 1200 Units

STARTS SHIPPING JAN. 21st

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

ORDER "THE RAT PATROL: LIMITED EDITION" JAN. 18th at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer Dominic Frontiere at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed. For a limited time.

Presenting the world premiere release of acclaimed composer Dominic Frontiere's (THE STUNT MAN, THE OUTER LIMITS, FREEBIE AND THE BEAN) score to the classic 1966-1968 UA television series THE RAT PATROL, starring Christopher George, Gary Raymond, Lawrence P. Casey and Eric Braeden. Frontiere perfectly envelopes this beloved series' fast-paced military action within an array of orchestral music cues that effectively convey a multitude of moods, themes and dangerous situations. Produced by Ford A. Thaxton and James Nelson and mastered by James Nelson, this special limited edition release is a must for classic television music enthusiasts, military buffs and fans of Frontiere's accomplished works. Exclusive, in-depth liner notes by music writer Jon Burlingame take you behind-the-scenes of the show and its notable score. This is a limited edition of 1200 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. The Rat Patrol Main Title 1:00

2. Another Day, Another Mission 1:11

3. Convoy 1:31

4. Desert Action 2:00

5. After That Man 1:15

6. Lost And Found 3:35

7. Desert Romance 2:49

8. Rats Sneak About 2:03

9. A Tight Spot 2:17

10. Do You Smell Something? 0:43

11. Time To Go 0:48

12. Night Maneuvers 3:02

13. Firefight 2:16

14. Desert Sun 0:29

15. Farewell/Ambushed 1:07

16. Burning Sun/Sniper 1:01

17. The Massacre 1:36

18. Germans On The Move 1:33

19. Rats On The Move 2:25

20. Breaking In And Searching 1:46

21. Rats On Patrol 1:25

22. Rats In Action 1:30

23. A Friend's Death 1:38

24. We Have A Job To Do! 1:15

25. Serious Discussion 2:22

26. Hand To Hand 1:14

27. Dirge 2:03

28. Rat Mission 1:47

29. Cat And Mouse 2:03

30. The Traitor 0:51

31. Tricked Into A Trap 0:26

32. Stalemate 1:47

33. Cut Off 0:34

34. Rats Have Some Fun 1:19

35. Floating Down 0:52

36. Foot Chase 1:13

37. Plans For Rats 1:15

38. In And Out Of Enemy Camp 1:53

39. We've Still Got A Job To Do 1:15

40. Planning The Attack 1:36

41. Getting Ready 5:10

42. Big Battle 2:58

43. Mission Accomplished 1:53

44. The Rat Patrol End Credits 1:37

45. Theme from The Rat Patrol 2:30

Total Time: 78:40

THE YOUNG RIDERS: LIMITED EDITION

THE YOUNG RIDERS: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1152

Music by John Debney

Limited Edition of 1200 Units

STARTS SHIPPING JAN. 18th

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

ORDER "THE YOUNG RIDERS: LIMITED EDITION" JAN. 18th at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer John Debney at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed.

Presenting the premiere release of renowned composer John Debney's (PASSION OF THE CHRIST, SIN CITY, ELF, PREDATORS) original score to the 1989-1992 MGM Television Series THE YOUNG RIDERS, starring Stephen Baldwin, Josh Brolin and Ty Miller. Expertly melding classic Western motifs with modern-day flourishes, Debney provides an exciting, robust backdrop for this lively series chronicling the legendary Pony Express. Produced by Ford A. Thaxton and mastered by James Nelson, this limited edition release of 1200 units features music from Debney's Emmy Award-Winning episode "Kansas" and includes exclusive liner notes by writer Brian Satterwhite.

TRACK LISTING:

1. The Young Riders - Main Title (1:10)

THE KID (a.k.a. PILOT)

2. The Kid Appears/Into Town (4:53)

3. Teaspoon Blues/Training (2:40)

4. First Ride/Apache Chase (3:52)

5. Scarface/Beckwith Volley (5:10)

6. Escapes And Meets His Demise (1:56)

7. Love At The Corral/Sunset (2:11)

THE GUNFIGHTER

8. Longley Appears (2:27)

9. Emma's Watch/To Sweetwater (2:51)

10. Jimmy & Kid Fight/Smokehouse (3:11)

11. Longley's Deal And Showdown (6:00)

12. Final Showdown/Invitation (5:57)

KANSAS

13. The Run/Amazing Grace (4:11)

14. Burnt Offering/Escape (4:02)

15. The Beating/Past Sins (2:33)

16. The Kid & Noah/Into The Fray (2:24)

17. The Big Fight (3:34)

18. Goodbyes/Home (1:59)

19. The Young Riders End Title/

Ogiens Kane Logo (0:41)

Total Time: 62:35

SOLARIS

SOLARIS LLLCD 1161

Music by Cliff Martinez

STARTS SHIPPING JAN. 18th

RETAIL PRICE $15.98

ORDER "SOLARIS" JAN. 18th at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer Cliff Martinez at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed. For a limited time.

Presenting the original motion picture score to the acclaimed 20th Century Fox motion picture SOLARIS, starring George Clooney and Natascha McElhone and directed by Steven Soderbergh. Previously out-of-print, composer Cliff Martinez's (TRAFFIC, NARC, THE LIMEY) strikingly atmospheric score returns. Praised as a "dream-like wash of sound" by BBC Music and a musical journey that "leaves the listener floating free" by Soundtrack.net, SOLARIS is a thoughtful, meaningful score that resonates emotionally with the listener. This re-issue was produced by Nick Redman and its master prepared by Mike Matessino. CD Booklet features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writer Julie Kirgo.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Is That What Everybody Wants (2:49)

2. First Sleep (2:53)

3. Can I Sit Next To You (1:45)

4. Will She Come Back (5:01)

5. Death Shall Have No Dominion (2:10)

6. Maybe You're My Puppet (3:50)

7. Don't Blow It (3:34)

8. Hi Energy Proton Accelerator (10:51)

9. Wear Your Seat Belt (3:10)

10. Wormhole (4:33)

11. We Don't Have To Think Like That Anymore (2:59)

Total Time: 43:35

LA-LA LAND.COM SPECIALS

LA-LA LAND.COM SPECIALS:

SPECIAL "$9.98 SALE"!!! The following titles are only $9.98 EACH at www.lalalandrecords.com :

PREDATORS, THE OUTER LIMITS (3CD-SET), ERASER, GREYSTOKE, BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM, MARS ATTACKS, RUNAWAY TRAIN, CHILD'S PLAY, THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON, PANIC IN YEAR ZERO, SPEECHLESS, DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS, DEAD LIKE ME, THEATER OF BLOOD, BEACH BLANKET BINGO, HAUNTED SUMMER, HELLS BELLES. Sale prices good thru Jan 31, 2011. This special sale starts at 1pm (PST) Jan 18 and runs thru Jan 31, 2011. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Yeah, it's a fine album actually. Not that I love to revisit it very often, but as far as the relaxation/meditation music goes, this is one of the best scores.

Karol

La La Land is having a sale going on right now, and MV also posted a little update about how many units are left of some titles:

[Greystoke and Haunted Summe] have sold very well - about 2000 Greystokes and 900 Haunted Summer's. Those two titles along with most of the others were offered as loss leaders. It's working like gang busters here at the triple L. smile.gif

But keep in mind -- this sale ends Jan 31 around midnight PST. Take advantage of it now because most of these titles will not be this cheap again.

BTW, we down to about 600 Trek V's and Batman Returns.

MV

Here's some other updates from MV I haven't posted here yet, including the indication that the next batch will be on Tuesday Feb 1st

For Rat Patrol Autographed copies:

32160 - 32266 (cut off time 1:16 pm pst)

MV

Young Riders Autographs are now sold out:

Order #'s: 32160 - 32308 (2:03 pm pst)

MV

Solaris Autographed copies are now sold out:

Order #'s: 32161 - 32320 (2:19 pm pst)

Thanks again for all your orders!

We are currently shipping all unsigned Rat Patrol orders as well as orders that do no contain Rat Patrol. As soon as we get the signed booklets in from Mr. Frontiere we shall ship all remaining orders out.

See you back here on Feb 1!

MV

BTW, I am not releasing CLUE and X FILES unless you all buy Rat Patrol and Young Riders.

wink.gif

Also, if those sell out there are more volumes of music to release from those tv shows. So BUY 'EM!

I_want_YOU_for_Monkey__s_Army_by_elpirata_sama.jpg

MV

Just wanted to let those who were lucky enough to get an autographed RAT PATROL CD booklet that there was a short delay in receiving the signed booklets from Mr. Frontiere. Instead of shipping out on Friday, as previously announced, they will start shipping out to you all this Wednesday. We apologize for the extra wait, but we are very grateful to Dominic for signing these for the fans. We'll get them out to you all as soon as they arrive in La-La Land!

All other orders have been shipped or are in the process of shipping

MV

I'm trying to figure out my next La-La Land purchase. I know I'm going to get Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on the sale, and I'm toying with the idea of Mars Attacks!. I also want to get one of the big December releases--I haven't gotten any yet, and I want the Star Trek V, Batman Returns, and Home Alone. I can't do all of this in one order. I'm trying to recall how many units Home Alone was down to. Trek V is the one score in the batch I don't know. Thoughts? Ideally, I'd be keeping this order down to one sale item and one December item, but I MIGHT go for two of one and one of the other.

I'm trying to figure out my next La-La Land purchase. I know I'm going to get Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on the sale, and I'm toying with the idea of Mars Attacks!. I also want to get one of the big December releases--I haven't gotten any yet, and I want the Star Trek V, Batman Returns, and Home Alone. I can't do all of this in one order. I'm trying to recall how many units Home Alone was down to. Trek V is the one score in the batch I don't know. Thoughts? Ideally, I'd be keeping this order down to one sale item and one December item, but I MIGHT go for two of one and one of the other.

I think there was about 100 units left for Star Trek V, maybe less. If I were you I'd get Star Trek V and Home Alone. I think Batman Returns will be around a bit longer.

Trek V is good...very good. It's a nice mix of solid Goldsmith action music, glorious statements of his main theme from TMP, lots of Sybok's synthy theme, and then a climax that perfectly matches the onscreen shift from benevolent deity to brutal alien organism. But my favorite new musical idea in the whole thing is the peaceful theme heard at the beginning and end of the score. It's a side of Goldsmith's work that I can never get enough of. I don't know if you're familiar with the OST or not, but this is definitely an improvement over that in any case. A much more balanced listen, and still not overly long.

But Home Alone is a delightful score, too, of course. I don't think this release is a huge improvement over the OST, but it's an improvement nonetheless, and the liner notes are great. I decided against getting Batman Returns because the OST tends to wear me out, but as far as I can tell, this release would definitely be worth it for fans of the score. Based on the samples, the sound quality is a phenomenal improvement.

The last time they updated there was about 600 units of Batman Returns and 600 units of Star Trek V, if I recall correctly. That was one, two weeks ago.

UPDATE: Oh, it's even on this very page!

Karol

CLUE

Music by John Morris

LLLCD 1154

Limited Edition of 3000 units

Album Produced by Dan Goldwasser (aka Col Mustard)

Mastered by Mike Matessino (aka Professor Plum)

Liner Notes by Daniel Schweiger (aka Mr Green)

Art Direction by Mark Banning (aka Mrs. Peacock)

Running Time: 50:55 (includes 17 minutes of bonus tracks) including an END TITLE written for the credits, but never heard until now.

We might have autographed copies, lol. . . I don't know for sure until I get them into my hands. I'll keep you posted

MV

Totally getting this one, if only to have a nice companion piece with the awesome movie that I always love to play on a rainy day. Still is funny after all these years. :D The music is great though, too! :D

Btw, I wonder if they were able to put on there some of the source songs heard in the film from the 50s? Probably not due to rights, but it would be nice. May add them myself if otherwise. :)

Loved "Clue". Always thought it was an underrated little gem. Some of the dialogue is just wonderfully witty. What I remember of the score (not having seen the film in a while) was fun and interesting. I'm seriously considering this. (And seeing as I have a bunch of "allowance" to make up what my wife's spent on her hobby in the last few months, I just might get it! :) )

I love this film. Too bad I still can't find a damn job. Hopefully it'll last long enough for me to save up.

I haven't seen the movie Clue in quite a few years. Jason you should rent it from Netflix, I think you'd enjoy it. It's a pretty fun movie to watch. Just don't take it seriously since it's supposed to be a comedy type deal and of course based off the board game.

Well, I ended up only grabbing Dirty Rotten Scoundrels because I'm a little tighter than I planned to be right now, but I'm planning on grabbing Star Trek V when I next get paid. Thanks for the recommendations, guys.

CLUE: THE MOVIE: LIMITED EDITION

CLUE: THE MOVIE: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1154

Music by John Morris

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

STARTS SHIPPING FEB. 1st

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

ORDER "CLUE: THE MOVIE: LIMITED EDITION" FEB. 1st at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer John Morris at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed. For a limited time.

Presenting the world premiere release of renowned composer John Morris' (YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, BLAZING SADDLES, SPACEBALLS, THE ELEPHANT MAN) original orchestral score to the beloved 1985 Paramount Pictures comedy CLUE: THE MOVIE, based on the famous board game and starring Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn, Christopher Lloyd, Eileen Brennan, Martin Mull and Michael McKean and written and directed by Jonathan Lynn. Having gathered a notable, devoted cult following since its initial theatrical release, CLUE: THE MOVIE sports a wonderful score by Morris – one that deftly weaves wit, slapstick, mystery and suspense with a masterful touch. Produced by Dan Goldwasser and mastered from ½ inch, 3-track Paramount vault elements by Mike Matessino, this special limited edition release features exclusive liner notes by film music writer Daniel Schweiger, including comments from director Jonathan Lynn. This is a limited edition release of 3000 units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title / Trees to Dogs (3:11)

2. Mrs. White (0:46)

3. Miss Scarlet* / Car in Progress (1:49)

4. May I Present Mr. Boddy (1:46)

5. I Suggest We All Leave / Fight, You Bastard / Hallway Screaming Next Door (1:16)

6. Bag in Hall (2:45)

7. The Cook Chase / Boddy's Fall / We'll Throw It Away (0:52)

8. Stranger at Front Door / Match Cutting* / People in Hall (2:37)

9. Mrs. Peacock and Plum / Death Bridge / Bridge, White & Wadsworth / Billiard Cue Grab / Go Together (1:53)

10. I'll Search the Kitchen / Desk, Fire, Weapons / Let's Try the Conservatory / I've Had a Good Life (2:04)

11. Door Pounding to Chandelier Fall (1:32)

12. Gun, Cupboard, Doorbell / Cop Panics (1:14)

13. Yvette Upstairs to Bell (1:32)

14. Step by Step - Intro / Step by Step (2:08)

15. Remember What Happened Next - Part I, II, III / Don't You See? Look! - Part I, II, III (1:59)

16. I'll Get to That / Beatnik (1:14)

17. Ending A: Your Fatal Mistake / I Shot Her / Cavalry (2:32)

18. Ending B: Yvette to We All Ran to Her / To Check That Mr. Boddy Was Dead / Who, Who, Who / Cavalry (1:36)

19. Ending C: Top to You Were / Peacock at Door (1:07)

20. End Title* (3:01)

BONUS CUES

21. Main Title (Alternate 1) (1:30)

22. Miss Scarlet / Car in Progress (Alternate) (1:47)

23. Main Title (Alternate 2) (1:32)

24. Peacock at Door (Alternate) (0:32)

25. Main Title (Alternate 3) (1:40)

26. End Title (Shorter Version) (1:40)

27. Main Title (Alternate 4) (1:50)

TOTAL BONUS TIME: 13:52

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 50:55

* - not used in film

LA-LA LAND.COM SPECIALS

LA-LA LAND.COM SPECIALS:

NEW RELEASE "JOHN MORRIS" SPECIAL!!! Order CLUE and get John Morris' HAUNTED HONEYMOON at a special sale price of only $9.98! You will be asked at checkout if you wish to purchase HAUNTED HONEYMOON at the sale price. For a limited time. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

"FEBRUARY FUGITIVE" SALE! Catch the white-knuckle James Newton Howard score for THE FUGITIVE at a special sale price of only $19.98. Sale price good thru 2/14/11. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com